Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
toolieo
veteran

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by toolieo »

@qwerty: As much as not many would like to wait, however... If you give the game enough time there will be a 100% saved game eventually.

Edit: Infact I know someone who has completed all the tournaments in TDU2. Only thing is I play online with TDU2 so loading a save game from my TDU2 from someone else is a bad idea as I don't want to be banned from online.
P@S@f
ultra-n00b

Post by P@S@f »

Hi all! 8D
I need cursor from this game. Is there any way to find it?
qwerty
advanced

Post by qwerty »

toolieo wrote:@qwerty: As much as not many would like to wait, however... If you give the game enough time there will be a 100% saved game eventually.

Edit: Infact I know someone who has completed all the tournaments in TDU2. Only thing is I play online with TDU2 so loading a save game from my TDU2 from someone else is a bad idea as I don't want to be banned from online.
it is not problem to find 100% save in the internet, but that's not enough. hash value is calculated from name each time the game accesses its resources, so even if you discover the location of all car dealers (for example) game will not load resources for all of them when you load your profile, but load when you enter the specific shop. With modified exe hash and filename is writed to text file. This file can be used to get original filenames from hashes when unpacking big+map instead of names like "375451E366C81826".
PS: attachment in prev. post is only related to first part of that post (addressed to aluigi) and has absolutely no relation to second half of message about game completion.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

I've been away for a couple of days and now i'm back.

@PeteTripper: i'm adding this new function to the script soon, it will convert any 2db file it finds in any sub-folders of the selected folder, so all you have to do is select the common files folder and it will do the rest. just be patient i'll post it as soon as its finished.

as for the suspensions parts, i'll try to see what's going on in there if i have more time.

anyone interested in grabbing some island parts? this is area-0-3 of ibiza, containing 33 smaller sectors. The whole island is really huge, and this bit is onlly 6km long! 4.3Mil triangles. I don't think anyone will ever be able to import the whole island in max at that resolution hehe
area-0-3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeteTripper
ultra-n00b

Post by PeteTripper »

Thanks vagos, I got them converted for now by dumping all the common textures into the car's folder.

For the island parts, I guess there will have to be extra scripting for that? I couldn't get it to work with v2.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

PeteTripper wrote:Thanks vagos, I got them converted for now by dumping all the common textures into the car's folder.

For the island parts, I guess there will have to be extra scripting for that? I couldn't get it to work with v2.

sorry for having u do all this mess with the common textures, here's the finished version of the script that does this by itself. all you have to do is select the common folder, it will convert all textures in all sub-folders also. i also removed the annoying .2db.dds that was happening, so now the result is better and cleaner.

yes for island sectors it's far too complicated, what you see is only the island geometry, with no objects on it. there are also more file definitions for trees and everything but that would take a while to figure out.
TDU2_mesh_import v2.1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeteTripper
ultra-n00b

Post by PeteTripper »

vagos21 wrote:

sorry for having u do all this mess with the common textures, here's the finished version of the script that does this by itself. all you have to do is select the common folder, it will convert all textures in all sub-folders also. i also removed the annoying .2db.dds that was happening, so now the result is better and cleaner.

yes for island sectors it's far too complicated, what you see is only the island geometry, with no objects on it. there are also more file definitions for trees and everything but that would take a while to figure out.
TDU2_mesh_import v2.1.zip
Please don't be sorry :D It was no trouble for me to do that, you have done more than enough. Without people like you we would not be able to do anything.

Thank you for the new script!
Anton
ultra-n00b

Post by Anton »

tried to use MAX script at 2009 SP1 max at Win7 x64
tried to import pagani zonda tricolore (saw at forum someone did it) and after some seconds got error from script:

Code: Select all

"C:\3gp\cars\pagani\zonda_tricolore"
-- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3dsMax8\Scripts\TDU2_mesh_import v2.mcr; position: 1467
--  Frame:
--   modelpath: "C:\3gp\cars\pagani\zonda_tricolore"
--   loadMeshes: undefined
--   buildScene: undefined
--   convertTex: false
--   convertTextures: undefined
--   loadMaterials: undefined
>> MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception: -- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined <<
Tried different cars, no one works. Who knows why it happened? Used latest scripts.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Anton wrote:tried to use MAX script at 2009 SP1 max at Win7 x64
tried to import pagani zonda tricolore (saw at forum someone did it) and after some seconds got error from script:

Code: Select all

"C:\3gp\cars\pagani\zonda_tricolore"
-- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3dsMax8\Scripts\TDU2_mesh_import v2.mcr; position: 1467
--  Frame:
--   modelpath: "C:\3gp\cars\pagani\zonda_tricolore"
--   loadMeshes: undefined
--   buildScene: undefined
--   convertTex: false
--   convertTextures: undefined
--   loadMaterials: undefined
>> MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception: -- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined <<
Tried different cars, no one works. Who knows why it happened? Used latest scripts.
what happens is that max connects the script in the button only with the main function of the whole script. the bad fix for that is, you can open the script again and compile it. now it will run normally. this happens every time you close and open 3DS MAX. script created and tested on win7 x64, max2010x64 working ok :wink:
qwerty
advanced

Post by qwerty »

so, nobody wants to help with building game filelist as there are no replies to my post.
ok, then there will be no user-friendly extractor tool.
bErEMoT
ultra-n00b

Post by bErEMoT »

Guys good job! Thanks for the research, but I have a question. I've read all the posts here, but I didn't find a single word about how to pack modified resorces back. Is there any method? :?
Dell U2410
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
XFX P1-650X-NLG9 650W
Thermalright Silver Arrow LGA1366
Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz 4x256Kb L2 Cache
Corsair CMX6GX3M3C1600C7 6144Mb PC12800
Zotac ZT-40102-30P GF GTX 480 AMP! EDITION 1536Mb
RickPost
ultra-n00b

Post by RickPost »

Hi guys im new here.
Good job.
I want to try to swap the normal veyron with the supersports.
I don't know if this is possible?
Is there a way to pack big files back so we can mod and then save it to use it ingame?
Something that confused me is. how many bin files is a car?
For example I want the supersports from how many bin files is it build up? it's really confusing to see all these bin files.
I hope you guys understand what i mean. sorry for my bad english it's really difficult to explain what i mean.

Keep up the good work :)
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

as much as i know, there are no tools yet for packing files back to TDU2, this whole thing goes back to TDU1 and the whole thing is complicated, i don't know if someone is working on such a tool, but i guess this is the biggest thread around for TDU2.
xudo
ultra-n00b

Post by xudo »

qwerty wrote:so, nobody wants to help with building game filelist as there are no replies to my post.
ok, then there will be no user-friendly extractor tool.
I can contribute to that as I have no skills for other stuff here. :) I assume it will work running the game in offline mode for that? I have the retail game, so I want to stay out of trouble.

I tried tdudec for a few .cpr files, no problem there, but is there a working method for the .xmb files in the game root folder? The .map files seem to have the same header (XMBF), so it might be a just a trivial thing of adjusting the script a bit.

Edit: I lost my train of though a bit there. The .xmb files seem to be presets for detected controllers, the settings used are probably then saved in KEYMAP and maybe some on OPTIONS in savegame\PLAYERSAVE folder. Maybe it helps for decrypting the save files.
RickPost
ultra-n00b

Post by RickPost »

Hi guys,
im new to this kind of thing.
I tried to open veyron_super_sport.3dg in Zmodeler, but it doesn't really look like it has imported a 3d model.
Can somebody help me out please? :)