Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

(PC) Dead Space 2 (.dat)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
sirew
beginner

Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)

Post by sirew »

so, have you release the tool yet?
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Rick wrote:
evin wrote:I hope this will work with Dante's Inferno files too. (Same engine, same deveoper team)
This will contain repack function too?
It probably uses the same hash function for files, you'd have to build a custom file list for that game. I do have the PS3 version so I'll look at that.
Great. :) I'll try out on the X360 version.
ZerOHearth
advanced

Post by ZerOHearth »

Nice work. I wait for release of the tool.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Same here :)
pipirisnaki
ultra-n00b

Post by pipirisnaki »

Hi rick, how is going on with the tool? Just wanted to know if this will be usefull with ps3 game data, cuz there are only 3 big files
Skymmer
ultra-n00b

Post by Skymmer »

Rick, judging the filenames of DAT files I presume you have the Multi6 edition. Right?
I'm curious if your tool will work for DAT files from Multi3 edition. Actually all of the DAT files from Multi3 edition are differ to Milti6, except a two (as far as I remember).
pipirisnaki
ultra-n00b

Post by pipirisnaki »

Ok, for example, i've used the previous script for quick bms for dead space 2 ps3 version. I've opened a random file and i've got that hex on the image. How exactly do i know from what offset to other offset the files from that folder are located?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herdell
veteran

Post by Herdell »

Waiting and anxious... :)
pipirisnaki
ultra-n00b

Post by pipirisnaki »

nevermind, i'm reading a tutorial xD
Rick

Post by Rick »

I have built up a fairly complete list of files for Dante's Inferno (PS3), excluding sound files.
Skymmer wrote:Rick, judging the filenames of DAT files I presume you have the Multi6 edition. Right?
I'm curious if your tool will work for DAT files from Multi3 edition. Actually all of the DAT files from Multi3 edition are differ to Milti6, except a two (as far as I remember).
Yes, I think so. My copy is from EA's download service.

It's trivial to get file lists for the 'data' data files (ie, not sounds). That's not really an issue.

If you want, cut the file table header from each dat and upload them somewhere (16+(file count * 12) bytes from start of file), and I can check.
pipirisnaki wrote:Ok, for example, i've used the previous script for quick bms for dead space 2 ps3 version. I've opened a random file and i've got that hex on the image. How exactly do i know from what offset to other offset the files from that folder are located?
I'm not sure what you're asking here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

So there are no filenames for music/sounds at all?

shame, its what i really wanted to extract.
Rick

Post by Rick »

OrangeC wrote:So there are no filenames for music/sounds at all?

shame, its what i really wanted to extract.
There are filenames, they are just not easy to get, currently my archive viewer can identify most of them by checking some header bytes in the file (looking for 03 00 00). They have an extension of '.exa.snu' (in Dead Space 2 at least).
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
pipirisnaki
ultra-n00b

Post by pipirisnaki »

Rick wrote:I have built up a fairly complete list of files for Dante's Inferno (PS3), excluding sound files.
Skymmer wrote:Rick, judging the filenames of DAT files I presume you have the Multi6 edition. Right?
Yes, I think so. My copy is from EA's download service.

It's trivial to get file lists for the 'data' data files (ie, not sounds). That's not really an issue.

If you want, cut the file table header from each dat and upload them somewhere (16+(file count * 12) bytes from start of file), and I can check.
pipirisnaki wrote:Ok, for example, i've used the previous script for quick bms for dead space 2 ps3 version. I've opened a random file and i've got that hex on the image. How exactly do i know from what offset to other offset the files from that folder are located?
I'm not sure what you're asking here.
I was asking how to do viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3545 this tutorial, xD, but nvm, i'm reading the tutorial right now, so i can get at least a "sort of" file structure xD. omg, this thing its difficult for me
Herdell
veteran

Post by Herdell »

So Rick, when you will release this great tool?
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Not to be rude but let the man some time to work on it, it must be very complex and he might have a life also :)