Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [Request] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post by ultimaespio »

If you use the arc extractor that Falo posted to get the arc files, then use the pmo extractor, you can get chunks of the maps. You will get a few pmo files, but if you convert them you can piece them together in your modelling software.

The textures are TM2 and you have to use Jaeder Naub to get them.

There are Definitely parts missing.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Wow. The tree house and part of the stairs from destiny islands. That's awesome!

I wish I could help with developing more dumper tools or with file formats but I know nothing about programming/hex editing/reverse engineering. Sorry I can't help anyone. :o

I wanted to say thanks to Chris for his KH mdls exporter. Edit: I've also figured out the issue's i've had with it. All's good.
The bind pose is still imploded, but unchecking and rechecking 'always deform' in max's skin modifier fixes it.
Chris, you are beyond awesome for making that little program to convert mdls. :mrgreen:
ChrisSquareFan
advanced

Post by ChrisSquareFan »

Thank you! It's as little as the time I had for it XD. Minna-san, sorry for the disappointment...
Anyway, recently I've been playing with Dissidia 012 Prologus models and rediscovered my passion for 3D once again :).
->DeviantArt http://xdeviantchris.deviantart.com/#/d382va1
I would love to bring my exporter back from the dead with support for BBS :>
Only one question, I know it's silly, but where can I find a model dumper? XD
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

I don't think there's a dumper for BBS/358-2 days yet!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Devilot wrote:I don't think there's a dumper for BBS/358-2 days yet!
There are PMO, TM2, and AT3 extractors for Birth by Sleep, which all work, and ReCoded and 358/2, which happen to use the same game engine, have DSLazy, DSDecmp, and NinUnpack to extract and unpack its files, and LowLines' Console Tool 2.0 to view them. The only qualm is that the BBS pam and 358/2 BCA0 animation files have yet to be cracked.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

can you provide links for ChrisSquareFan?
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

ChrisSqureFan wrote:Thank you! It's as little as the time I had for it XD. Minna-san, sorry for the disappointment...
No thank you! :) That mdls to fbx exporter made my day. Animating rigged models is much fun. :P

Okay, here's some links for anyone who missed them.
Falo's pmo bms script and Revelation's modified version:
Falo's first version is on page 1.
Revelation's modified version is on page 19.
Falo's other version is on page 25.

Other Stuff that pertains to BBS models:
Falo's arc extractor bms script is on page 2.
Zerox posted a BBS decryptor on page 27.

Noesis now has two plugins written by Revelation that support BBS (pmo) and KH (mdls) formats.
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=home

I'm in the process of reconstructing the destiny island level pmo files back into one large file. None of them are textured, but I think the uv coordinates are preserved (thank you G-D!)

You can dump tim2 files off of the decrypted bbs2.dat with Jaeder Naub http://www.jaedernaub.com. The only problem is that it doesn't keep their texture names, so there's no way to know what texture goes to what unless you go through them all (at least, that's how it is for me.) :o

And because there's no way I can sort through 5,000+ files, I think I'm going to see if I can just use 3dripper and pcsx2 and rip dds versions of the textures I want.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

The textures are there, you just can't find them as easy. You're more likely to find them in the game than to map different textures onto models from another game. Besides, that entire place--both the small and large island--is already fully exportable to Blender via kkdf2's KH2map program. Really, the only reason one would go about doing it that way is if you just want to have the PSP version of Destiny Islands and are willing to go about the work of remapping the textures in order to get them, which, if you are, is a perfectly reasonable endeavor, but just realize it will take up a whole lot of time.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Mirrorman95 wrote:The textures are there, you just can't find them as easy. You're more likely to find them in the game than to map different textures onto models from another game. Besides, that entire place--both the small and large island--is already fully exportable to Blender via kkdf2's KH2map program. Really, the only reason one would go about doing it that way is if you just want to have the PSP version of Destiny Islands and are willing to go about the work of remapping the textures in order to get them, which, if you are, is a perfectly reasonable endeavor, but just realize it will take up a whole lot of time.
Oh yeah, I exported the kh2 cutscene version so I could fool around with it and try to render it or something in max. The little island lost a lot of 3d detail though, which the psp version still has. Looking at the UV cords of the little island though, they look the same as the psp island. I might try and see what happens if I put the kh2 little island textures on the psp one, although I think the resolution is lower. If the kh2 cutscene version had the same or pretty similar detail as the psp one, I'd have just stuck with that. I can see why it wouldn't though, it would probably have taken up a ton of memory that was useless, since the cutscene shows it so far away. No one was ever meant to look at the little island up close like I was doing. :D

I'm not at the point where I'd redo uvs for the whole island, but if they're already intact and all I need is to get the textures... the temptation is too great. :mrgreen:
ChrisSquareFan
advanced

Post by ChrisSquareFan »

Thank you SoftIce for the links.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Just so you know, if you unpack Re:coded, W01 11 is the destiny islands model, W01 12 is the destiny islands textures, and 13 is the bridge. I got it to work on the first Console Tool Demo 2 after finding the btx0, because the one that views the characters correctly didn't texture map correctly and can't be 3D Via'd. It looks almost perfect when I view it in the Tool, but 3D Via does not preserve textures correctly when it captures a model. I have the 3D Via model, in convertible DAE format, at http://www.3dvia.com/models/96A7F18C9EB08294/ .
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

ChrisSquareFan wrote: Thank you SoftIce for the links.
Sure, no problem! After all you've contributed, I'm glad I was able to actually assist you even a tiny bit with something, even it was just finding links to save you the time. :) I don't know anything about programming, so I can't actually contribute anything of value or progress here, which I feel bad about. :x It is pretty interesting to read through the thread from page 1 and see the evolution of reverse engineering a file format (if that's what this was called.)

If you and the other authors are okay with it, (Falo and Revelation and anyone else I forgot - sorry), I could put all of the bms scripts, and other tools that they have contributed into one zip and upload that to mediafire so everyone has single source for the progress made so far in this thread. I could put the author's name in front of the regular file name on the scripts and files, so people know who contributed what and also for crediting. If you were okay with it, I could include your mdls fbx exporter tool as well (with your name added in front so people know who made it.) I don't know if you'd want your drop box included though, you'd probably want that left out and just for people that stumble upon the post you made in the thread.

That was just a thought that I had. Or, maybe when he has time, Mr Mouse could add the tools too the 'tools' section of the website, if all the authors are all okay with it.

I didn't do anything like that though, since I don't have permission from Falo or Revelation or any of the other programmers that contributed tools in this thread, so I just listed the pages their posts were found on. :)
Mirrorman95 wrote:Just so you know, if you unpack Re:coded, W01 11 is the destiny islands model, W01 12 is the destiny islands textures, and 13 is the bridge. I got it to work on the first Console Tool Demo 2 after finding the btx0, because the one that views the characters correctly didn't texture map correctly and can't be 3D Via'd. It looks almost perfect when I view it in the Tool, but 3D Via does not preserve textures correctly when it captures a model. I have the 3D Via model, in convertible DAE format, at http://www.3dvia.com/models/96A7F18C9EB08294/ .
Oh, thanks so much for the info! I forgot all about Re:coded. Whoops. Isn't that the game that was written for cell phone platforms? Thanks so much for uploading the model and textures too!! You're too nice! I had just gone to the trouble of starting up pcsx2 and 3dripper to grab some textures, but this way is much easier. With pcsx2, ZeroGS captures meshs with no depth data, and screwed up textures, but still, it retains material IDs, while Gsdx9 captures textures okay, but captures no meshes at all. I was going to use the pancake mesh as a mat id reference, along with the small island from the kh2 cutscene, but now things look a lot easier.

I know about Console Tool Demo, is btx0 the first texture for the map model? Sorry, I hate bugging people with stupid questions. :oops:

Thanks again! :)
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Coded was originally for Phones, yeah. But Square remade it for the DS a few months back.

Btw anyone got a link for this console tool?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Console Tool is at http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=8407.0
After you extract all the files with DSLazy, NinUnpack, and DSDecmp, use the Console Tool to view mi/wd/W01_dump/12.BTX0 and then /11/11.BMD0 to see it correctly.
And propl.nl/random/ appears to have just made a new DSDecmp called DSDecmpGH. I wonder what was updated.

Anyway, I just used Keytotruth's latest patch to create an English iso of my Birth By Sleep Final Mix game, but I don't know how to play an iso on my PSP that isn't already on a UMD. How do I do this?
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Mirrorman95 wrote:And Zerox appears to have just made a new DSDecmp called DSDecmpGH. I wonder what was updated.

Anyway, I just used Keytotruth's latest patch to create an English iso of my Birth By Sleep Final Mix game, but I don't know how to play an iso on my PSP that isn't already on a UMD. How do I do this?
I did wha? Image I haven't touched DS roms or heck even a real DS system or game since December. So you obviously have some invalid information there.

As for playing your new english final mix game, check your pms as I'm not sure I'm allowed to post how to play isos here.