Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [Request] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post by Zerox »

Trishty wrote:I search all BBS1 BBS2 BBS3, but not found Xion. May be she in BBS4 T_T!
How to decrypt BBS4?
I fear I've had the same luck and haven't found her.

I've started looking in the NA dat files now.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Krisan Thyme wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:Revelation's working on that, but his computer's been down for a while, so when he can he'll release a Noesis binary.
That's really a shame to hear about his computer.. What happened exactly, do you know? Certainly awesome news to hear he's planning a release for that though.. I had no idea it was even in the works.
He had power issues and he needs to re-setup his computer in order to get it to work again.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Aurangzeb56
advanced

Post by Aurangzeb56 »

One question though that,when i use the bbs_dnas_decryptor it changes the output file to .dat,so do i have to use an hex editor to rip the files or just use that old quick bms script made for the jap version?

Other forums/Channel I am in:
Youtube Channel
Gamespot
Game Trailers
KH-Vids
Krisan Thyme
advanced

Post by Krisan Thyme »

Mirrorman95 wrote:
Krisan Thyme wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:Revelation's working on that, but his computer's been down for a while, so when he can he'll release a Noesis binary.
That's really a shame to hear about his computer.. What happened exactly, do you know? Certainly awesome news to hear he's planning a release for that though.. I had no idea it was even in the works.
He had power issues and he needs to re-setup his computer in order to get it to work again.
Ugh, I hope it wasn't anything like what I dealt with a few years back.. Well, best of wishes to the man. I hope he gets it sorted out without too much trouble or cost to him.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Aurangzeb56 wrote:One question though that,when i use the bbs_dnas_decryptor it changes the output file to .dat,so do i have to use an hex editor to rip the files or just use that old quick bms script made for the jap version?
The PMO extractor is universal; it will extract all the PMOs from any decrypted game. I modified the existing two scripts and posted it a page or two ago to output the files in folders like the first script but not black out when extracting geometry files like the second script.
Trishty
advanced

Post by Trishty »

I extracted all of the PMO in the U.S. version and not find Xion always T_T! Maybe she just in FMV "Hidden truths" (PMF in BBS4.dat) without model.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Trishty wrote:I extracted all of the PMO in the U.S. version and not find Xion always T_T! Maybe she just in FMV "Hidden truths" (PMF in BBS4.dat) without model.
I think the extra models were only there in the first place because of KH3D, which has shown Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ansem, Xemnas, and Twilight Thorn in current trailers, but not Xion, who is not. Just so you know, the largest character PMO in BBS0.dat is now Ansem, and the third biggest PMO in BBS0.dat is the KH3D Demo logo. Makes you wonder why they used so much space in the game for extra models when they weren't even used in the game.
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

Square has never been clean with their games, FF7 Crisis Core Aerith and Tonberry models can be found in Dissidia...
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

We need BBS map files sorted out. Someone posted pictures of the Land of Departure a while back, can't remember who it was though.

It would be nice to see if there are any unused maps.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

ultimaespio wrote:We need BBS map files sorted out. Someone posted pictures of the Land of Departure a while back, can't remember who it was though.

It would be nice to see if there are any unused maps.
Falo was the only one who ever made a completed BBS map, and it had no textures. I don't see how they'd be any use to use if we can't reconstruct them again.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

On Page 14 Revelation had a chunk of the Land of Departure.

I'm sure I remember someone posting a picture of a full map of LoD... :?
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Revelation's LoD picture was of a dumpable pmo model, nothing like a. Complete map. I've seen it many times in the dumpable models in each version. It's nothing to get excited about.

Falo is the only one to get close even. And that doesn't do much for you as he isn't around again.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some other file type that has different pmos inside it that it places them where they go inside the map. This map container file could contain our texture files that correspond with our untextured map chunks.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

The maps could be pmo, but just a different type of pmo. Similar to Crisis Core.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

ultimaespio wrote:The maps could be pmo, but just a different type of pmo. Similar to Crisis Core.
The BCD maps aren't pmos. They're a bunch of PMOs. Almost every ARC file in BBS2.dat contains a single BCD file that makes up an area of a world. All the broken geometry found by extracting all of BBS2.dat's PMOs are the bits and pieces of those files. The textures of the BCD files are of a different format altogether and were beyond Falo's reach, so when he posted the dc_05 room model early on in this topic, he could only make the mesh. I found a PMO that looked like an open doughnut, but by closer inspection it was merely the larger of the three circles that make up Mickey's head at the entrance to the raceway which Falo reconstructed. Since Falo could construct at least one BCD, the main problem will be to find out how to convert those internal textures, and then we can have at least one complete BCD model.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.