Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [Request] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post by Zerox »

For those who said that the other BBS#.dat didn't contain any models, they were sure wrong there. I just dumped 22,660 pmo files from BBS2.dat alone.

I found some BBS tools and amazingly I found a dnas decryptor that works on final mixes .dat files! And now I can dump tons of pmos. I only have a 1GB memory stick at the moment (waiting for my 8GB to arrive from Hong Kong) so I'm having to do each BBS#.dat file individually I'll let you know the results soon.

I've attached the version of Dnas Decrpytor I used to accomplish this feat. Instructions are in the readme contained in the .zip.

It should be noted you don't need Custom Firmware to use it. I did this with 6.35 HEN Pro which now has a version released that works on Original Firmware.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I'm going to try this IMMEDIATELY. But I thought Hen WAS custom firmware. If I download it to my PSP-1000, will it void my warranty? Do I need to update to 6.35 before I can use it?
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
sonia
ultra-n00b

Post by sonia »

im gonna try this soon nice info zerox
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

HEN = Home Brew Enabler, it's like CFW only with half the power. And the best part is that after you tun off (not standby) your psp it reverts to normal firmware. It will not void your warranty as it leaves no trace. There's versions for many firmwares just look for the firmware that maches yours.

So status update: BBS1.dat hasn't yielding anything of interest that is new. It's a load of characters that we have already but there may be stuff in with them, I've only skimmed.

BBS2.dat is almost all level geometry, some are textured but most aren't. There's a few character models here.

BBS3.dat seems to contain many new character models such as No Heart and Armor of the Master.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Zerox wrote:HEN = Home Brew Enabler, it's like CFW only with half the power. And the best part is that after you tun off (not standby) your psp it reverts to normal firmware. It will not void your warranty as it leaves no trace. There's versions for many firmwares just look for the firmware that maches yours.

So status update: BBS1.dat hasn't yielding anything of interest that is new. It's a load of characters that we have already but there may be stuff in with them, I've only skimmed.

BBS2.dat is almost all level geometry, some are textured but most aren't. There's a few character models here.

BBS3.dat seems to contain many new character models such as No Heart and Armor of the Master.
I have 6.20 OFW. Do I need to update to 6.35 before I can decrypt the DATs or can I use 6.20 Hen Pro to decrypt the Final Mix DATs?

EDIT: Turns out it worked! My HBL 6.20 PSP-1000 decrypted the files perfectly wthout HEN!
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

In theory 6.20HEN should work.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I found Twilight Thorn in BBS3.DAT.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Yeah I saw him. There's also the old 512x512 Alpha Aqua model with the darkened colors (got into this even after being remade twice :owned2: ) and an even EARLIER model that has textures that aren't even complete and the UV map isn't fully done. Really gives you a good idea what a WIP model of Squeenix modeler's looks like.

There's also this heartless:

All of that is in BBS3.dat and to my dismay there isn't a Xion model in there. I'm working on BSS1.dat now.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Hey. I wanted to say how happy I am that plenty of people are still interested in KH game research. I was also ecstatic to see someone whose name starts with 'y' still active in game research. And I died when I read that he had worked out KH2 animations.

I've been out of the loop for a few years and I just found Noesis and Falo's new dumper. So now I have shiny new things to play with. Although I will always have a fascination for mdlx models. I think I would have a stroke if someone came out with a viewer that supported highpoly cutscene animation for KH2 models. I also nearly died when I saw someone had made progress with viewing maps from BBS... just amazing!

I'm wish I could contribute more, but I'm useless with reverse engineering, hex editing, programming... All I can do is decent rigging in 3dsmax. Sometime, I'd like to try my hand at facial rigging. Using bones, not morph targets.

So yeah, great to see KH related model/map research is still alive and well! I wish I could contribute and help out more... but sadly it's not my area of expertise. :roll: Anyway, great progress on everything, guys!
Krisan Thyme
advanced

Post by Krisan Thyme »

SoftIce wrote:I've been out of the loop for a few years and I just found Noesis and Falo's new dumper. So now I have shiny new things to play with. Although I will always have a fascination for mdlx models. I think I would have a stroke if someone came out with a viewer that supported highpoly cutscene animation for KH2 models.
I'm pretty sure I could die happily if I had my hands on a means of properly extracting KH2's MDLX models, skeletons intact. This stuff with BBS is quite awesome to be sure, but I'd adore seeing a Noesis plugin for KH2, or just some proper tools for model\skeletal extraction.
Trishty
advanced

Post by Trishty »

I search all BBS1 BBS2 BBS3, but not found Xion. May be she in BBS4 T_T!
How to decrypt BBS4?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Krisan Thyme wrote:
SoftIce wrote:I've been out of the loop for a few years and I just found Noesis and Falo's new dumper. So now I have shiny new things to play with. Although I will always have a fascination for mdlx models. I think I would have a stroke if someone came out with a viewer that supported highpoly cutscene animation for KH2 models.
I'm pretty sure I could die happily if I had my hands on a means of properly extracting KH2's MDLX models, skeletons intact. This stuff with BBS is quite awesome to be sure, but I'd adore seeing a Noesis plugin for KH2, or just some proper tools for model\skeletal extraction.
Revelation's working on that, but his computer's been down for a while, so when he can he'll release a Noesis binary.
Krisan Thyme
advanced

Post by Krisan Thyme »

Mirrorman95 wrote:Revelation's working on that, but his computer's been down for a while, so when he can he'll release a Noesis binary.
That's really a shame to hear about his computer.. What happened exactly, do you know? Certainly awesome news to hear he's planning a release for that though.. I had no idea it was even in the works.
siro1987
ultra-n00b

Post by siro1987 »

I even tried to use a PSP emulator on PC to run PBP files in dnas_decryptor, but still failed to export anything...
Azurfan
advanced

Post by Azurfan »

Thanks for your great find Zerox, all is working smoothly now.
Trishty wrote:I search all BBS1 BBS2 BBS3, but not found Xion. May be she in BBS4 T_T!
How to decrypt BBS4?
BBS4 isn't encrypted, there are mostly the movies in there and not much more.