Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

3d models about postings

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
just to learn 25
beginner

3d models about postings

Post by just to learn 25 »

can we post 3d models on this site for download
NecessAndAry
n00b

DELETED

Post by NecessAndAry »

DELETED
Last edited by NecessAndAry on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just to learn 25
beginner

Re: 3d models about postings

NecessAndAry wrote:Long Answer: The more you dump (meaning: releasing all models you have) the more the forum gets problems.
Also did you ask the rippers (if it wasn't you) if they even want it released out in the open? (You should consider that)
If you want a specific game you can request it here, look at the other people that already requested.

Short Answer: Google is still your friend, use it for stuff to be found or people that are interested.
I just wanted to post some models i have rip from different games. I didn't think it would be that big of deal.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

if anyone wants to startup a sharing network, I'd be glad to join. but I think i be best not to involve xentax in that sort of content. As it would attract the wrong sort of members.

but right now the top site for model sharing is cgmodels.cn which takes 50% of their crap from work done here. I use to have my own site for it, but nobody ever contributed.
Plus I bet whatever models you post would have been obtained by other people's tools... seems like trolling if your posting the models where the programmers released their tools :\ thats my views anyway
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

mariokart64n wrote:if anyone wants to startup a sharing network, I'd be glad to join.
I don't know if you already have knowledge of this site, but there is a place where you can share your 3D rips. You could share them at Models Resource. The whole purpose of Models Resource is to collect and share ripped models that you ripped yourself. And it's even better than cgmodel.cn because it's in English with a much more organized method of viewing submitted models.

You can see their main page here:

http://www.models-resource.com/

You can submit them at their forums here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/commun ... php?fid=50

Thanks,

Zerox

Oh and here's a link for registration if you decide you want to share your rips there: http://www.spriters-resource.com/commun ... r&uid=5750
Last edited by Zerox on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Those links are broken.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
just to learn 25
beginner

mariokart64n wrote:if anyone wants to startup a sharing network, I'd be glad to join. but I think i be best not to involve xentax in that sort of content. As it would attract the wrong sort of members.

but right now the top site for model sharing is cgmodels.cn which takes 50% of their crap from work done here. I use to have my own site for it, but nobody ever contributed.
Plus I bet whatever models you post would have been obtained by other people's tools... seems like trolling if your posting the models where the programmers released their tools :\ thats my views anyway
for get I ask i 'll post them on youtube, somebody can lock this post now
Last edited by just to learn 25 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

There I fixed the links. That'll teach me to copy and paste without quoting. XD
Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby »

If you really want to host your models somewhere, why not do it the easy way and not need to worry about involving websites with possible legalities. Just upload all the files to a host service like megaupload, fileserve or any of the other hundred host sites. then just make a post on here or any other forum, and just link to the files. that way your not actually hosting anything on say... Xentax's servers so they cannot get sued for legal reasons. Most file hosts allow you to have a " folder" so you can keep all your files in one place rather than scattered all over the internet. but if you want to post on a website then probably Models Resource or GFXworld are your best places.

Just out of interest. the " 25" in your name, is that supposed to represent your age. coz to be honest most of your posts that ive seen are really silly questions that a kid would ask. ANYONE getting involved in illegal activities ( which includes reverse engineering games to access models ) should know what laws exists regarding the topic of question BEFORE doing the activity in question. Posting copyright protected models/ games is no different to posting copyright protected music ( you do NOT do it on mainstream websites )

Please kid, in future THINK about what your asking before you hit the "post" button. what we are doing here IS illegal, we are breaking into games to steal things ( models/textures/audio files ) so there are only certain places you can announce that. You could probably announce it on facebook as long as you dont go shouting " heres the latest models i stole from a game" You could try something a little more tactful like " a quick pic of some of my latest models ive been working on, click here to DL them" when you refer to them as " your models" and " working on" it makes it sound like you had a go at making the models in a 3d editor rather than stealing them, so your less likely to get the post removed by the mods.

Also....
Firstly, if you don't know the answer even after looking it up, then fine ask a question, its better than you just uploading the files on here then finding out after that you shouldn't have. And one final thing. YOUTUBE :? Not exactly known for its hive of illegal activities, why not just do it as we have suggested, upload it to the proper places. host the files on a host service and link to them on places like Model resource or gfxworld ( both places that get seen a lot and only by people who are also into similar activities as you.)
Yes! i know that's what i said... But its not what i meant. ;)
just to learn 25
beginner

Nobby wrote:If you really want to host your models somewhere, why not do it the easy way and not need to worry about involving websites with possible legalities. Just upload all the files to a host service like megaupload, fileserve or any of the other hundred host sites. then just make a post on here or any other forum, and just link to the files. that way your not actually hosting anything on say... Xentax's servers so they cannot get sued for legal reasons. Most file hosts allow you to have a " folder" so you can keep all your files in one place rather than scattered all over the internet. but if you want to post on a website then probably Models Resource or GFXworld are your best places.

Just out of interest. the " 25" in your name, is that supposed to represent your age. coz to be honest most of your posts that ive seen are really silly questions that a kid would ask. ANYONE getting involved in illegal activities ( which includes reverse engineering games to access models ) should know what laws exists regarding the topic of question BEFORE doing the activity in question. Posting copyright protected models/ games is no different to posting copyright protected music ( you do NOT do it on mainstream websites )

Please kid, in future THINK about what your asking before you hit the "post" button. what we are doing here IS illegal, we are breaking into games to steal things ( models/textures/audio files ) so there are only certain places you can announce that. You could probably announce it on facebook as long as you dont go shouting " heres the latest models i stole from a game" You could try something a little more tactful like " a quick pic of some of my latest models ive been working on, click here to DL them" when you refer to them as " your models" and " working on" it makes it sound like you had a go at making the models in a 3d editor rather than stealing them, so your less likely to get the post removed by the mods.

Also....
Firstly, if you don't know the answer even after looking it up, then fine ask a question, its better than you just uploading the files on here then finding out after that you shouldn't have. And one final thing. YOUTUBE :? Not exactly known for its hive of illegal activities, why not just do it as we have suggested, upload it to the proper places. host the files on a host service and link to them on places like Model resource or gfxworld ( both places that get seen a lot and only by people who are also into similar activities as you.)
Well first off, if you want to be technical about illegal stuff, the hold internet would be illegal. Unless you own a license, you can not give out any type of thing, even pictures. So like Image shack, Deviantart , Yahoo, Google and others would be illegal too. Most stuff is not enforce because everybody would be in jail. I was just seeing if there where sites that host 3d models instead of 3d models mods for games. There lots of sites for mods for games but none for just hosting 3d models for fans. You should also know youtube has lots of 3d models on there sites for your information.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

gawd, everyone just shut up about what is illegal or is legal. your not lawyers!
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby »

just to learn 25 wrote: There lots of sites for mods for games but none for just hosting 3d models for fans.
yes there are, thats what we have been telling you. :) places like Models Resource and GFX world ( ESP gfx world ) are not interested in game MODS they just want the models so they can be used by people at home for animations and images. They are model resources sites not MOD resources sites. and there are literally thousands of 3d model sites and quite a lot of them will have some models that were taken from games. ive even seen places like Renderosity have models ripped from games before.

The easiest way to find 3d model sites rather than game mod sites is google for " free 3d models " it always brings me loads of results.
Yes! i know that's what i said... But its not what i meant. ;)
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

I'm surprised no one has noted some of the other key places. the ones so far listed aren't the best of places :mrgreen:

model resources = limited rips, limited to cheesy stuff like poorly ripped Sonic crap
GFX world / Their Other Blog Chains = Poser Dominated content
cgmodel.cn = has game related models, but their chineese based. and take alot of their stuff from other sites, even people's model portfolios.
TurboSquid/Renderosity=good source of free content among artists that wish to share. but common sense should tell you, its not a place for rips