Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltales D3DMESH, Any Good Maxscript or Converter?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Nobby
veteran

Re: Telltales D3DMESH, Any Good Maxscript or Converter?

Post by Nobby »

actually quite a few games crash when using DXripper and it is MAINLY down to the software protection, but there are other things that come into play as well. system specs play a part, the gfx cards capability mainly, the better your gfx card the more data you can capture, if that amount of data is too much for the rest of the system that can also crash the game ( ive also had it crash the computer ) what i mean is, i used to have a nvidia 7600 and could rip from test drive unlimited, it would capture the car and about 100meters of landscape with it. when i upgraded my card it would capture the car and what looked like about a mile of landscape and it would often crash my game/ pc coz the rest of my system couldn't handle that much data. Once i upgraded the rest of my system i didn't have anywhere near as many problems.
but as someone said software protection is one of the biggest causes, there are ways around a lot of that tho. Now im not advocating everyone to go and steal ( so mods/admins please don't ban me for saying this ) but pirate software usually works much better. As the software protections have mainly been removed ( esp in cases of steam games ) a cracked steam game is usually " de-steamed" and ripping becomes a lot easier then. it wont fix every thing every time, but i have a lot more dxripping success with cracked games than store bought ones.
Yes! i know that's what i said... But its not what i meant. ;)
Trancelikestate
beginner

Post by Trancelikestate »

Thanks for the advice, that had occurred to me actually. I don't think it's the computer cuz I have used it to rip models before. Also the game loads up, it says ready to capture, and only crashes when it's activated. Plus it is a legitamtly purchased version. If I get any results I'll post them.
Trancelikestate
beginner

Ok so for the record that doesn't work. It did get the textures but no models. :(
Trancelikestate
beginner

So totally my bad. i did not have the latest version of the 3d ripper. After updating, it works like a charm. i recommend it.