Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by Rimbros »

I surf by the net by years and i see lots of posts, something its trash another are usefull and of course anothers need be reconsiderated, becuase of this i try make this post only to show usefull information, please not request nothing or post nothing abouth other thinks, this its dedicated only to show how to rip models from pcsx2 emulator with 3d via and 3d ripper DX.
Experts on this like mariokart64, chrox, mr adults, nexxxus, obesebear, are welcome to post any idea, correction or released skill.

The first point its the best way to rip models from dvd of PS2 games its extraction directly from the dvd game, infortunatly the only man can do this its a frances boy with the nick of Yazor (Lord of Lords on this) he ripped Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts models from games, but he leave the forums long time ago.

Then the only way to the newebies like me its try with PCSX2 Emulator and 3D RIPER DX OR 3D VIA PRINT SCREEN.

I show how this works with screens and not only with letters cause latters something times are confused and one image tell more than 1000 words.

For this its necesary the next files
DVD ISO from the PS2 GAME
3D VIA PRINT SCREEN PROGRAM
3D RIPPER DX PROGRAM
3DS STUDIO MAX 9 (this works fine for me)
KoichiSenad max plugin
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5807782/1c39 ... enada.html

Speed PC (cause the emulator take lots of memory)
Also its important tell try this in Win Xp cause Vista use DirectX10 and thiw works only with DX9

When you have this open your emulator PCSX2 with 3D RIPPER DX FIRST AND choose this Plugins GSDX9 (texture dump) this plugin help to dump textures to the designed 3D Ripper DX folder, ZeroGS (model dump) this plugin dump the models to the designed 3D Ripper DX folder
(then 3dripper dx + gdx 1.7 for texture and gsplugin for mesh).

Here a configuration i use for this

In normal Games all works fine and its posible load the model withouth troubles in max 9 with the 3d ripper dx plugin installed, but on this case with the emulator when you capture a model you can see this looks flated like this:

I not make a large explication how this hapen, but only can tell its because a overlay system of the emulators project only 2 sides like 2D not 3D, this save lot of memory cuase of this its configured.

For 3d ripper i found a model of Kosmos and the skill posted by sarha (another hiden) this:
you need to have 2 views of the exact same frame capture using 3d ripper dx.
the only way to do this is in the model viewer mode. take 1 capture straight on then take one side profile snapshot.--- she show this model released:

Bad for all she only talk abouth how this its posible, but in the practice something thinks changued, she never post screens step by step how this its posible and all the work are lost.
Years ago since 2008 something user post he have a max-script, this can convine this 2 views and fix the model, but i shure its fake, i search the plugin and also a death links and i not found nothing abouth this.

This its all with 3D ripper DX system i found usefull any correction please tell me.

The good news its 3DVIA Print Screen works bether.
Mariokart64 tell the captures with 3DVIA keep all the axis also the z axis, only its necesary
scale the Y axis by 20 000 000 x and the mesh should unfold.the problem is some models back cull, but back culling can be fixed only delething the back culling faces and reasing the textures.
On this mariokart64 explain why the Y axis need be scaled, cause the y axis control the depth of the models captured, personaly i see its posible scale the Y axis in 3ds max but i not tested yet cause i not ripped a model too.

x=Side-to-Side
y=Front-to-Back
z=Up-to-Down

on this proces its necesary install first the KoichiSenada plugin for max, and asign the keys to load the plugin, this to load the files generated by 3dvia print screen.

I test this and its this all i be done its a .png file: you can see to the left of the pick wath i am extracted. So maybe its a configuration issue i test all the posible configurations i can found tonight and post wath hapend tomorrow

Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by mariokart64n »

post your 3dxml's here and I'll repost them here unflattened.. cause they are NOT flat to begin with... <_<
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
invisghost
advanced

Post by invisghost »

Would be useful if an admin could edit this post and get rid of the translator jargon.
viperzerofsx
veteran

Post by viperzerofsx »

mariokart64n wrote:post your 3dxml's here and I'll repost them here unflattened.. cause they are NOT flat to begin with... <_<

wait how do you do that? I have tones of models i would like to rip and that would really help. also would that work on psx models
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

yeah if there was an emu that used DX9 lol
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
viperzerofsx
veteran

Post by viperzerofsx »

mariokart64n wrote:yeah if there was an emu that used DX9 lol

i've managed to get flat mesh with psemu and its dx 6 plugin
Nathen41
advanced

Post by Nathen41 »

Mario :? Are you saying that 3DVIA Print Screen in fact has a Z Value? :eek: That's Awesome! imma have to look into this again :D
Nathen41 A.K.A Unaisis of Fenrir
invisghost
advanced

Post by invisghost »

I have been unable to say whether this works or not. 3dvia printscreen does not support windows 7 so pcsx2 crashes whenever I try to run a game while printscreen is open.

Note: When run in XP SP2 compatibility mode pcsx2 does not crash but printscreen does not work.
Nathen41
advanced

Post by Nathen41 »

EGADS!!! Tis true, they really arent totally flat lol~ but now i need to configure things just right so i dont have 80% of the mesh missing :constipated:
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

Well i back with the 2nd part of this tutorial tread
Tonight i test rip with 3dvia and 3d ripper now i show all wath hapend and how this its posible also i make screenshots step by step for all, i added too a tutorial to fix the problem with the ripped textures in lots of games, the colors have distorsion.

Something times 3dvia make files of 1kb size, not close the program continue pressing F12 and with patience you see the models are captured

This its the resume of the experiment, all this information its from lots of people and years of investigation, today i try with other machine one old machine with Nvidia Video card, and post wath happend, in the next tread i put a guide to fix the damaged textures captured from the PCSX2 emulator.....
Last edited by Rimbros on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renders Art by Rimbros

Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

GUIDE TO FIX DAMAGED TEXTURED FILES FROM PSCSX2 GAMES, I TESTED THIS WITH 4 TEXTURES DAMAGED FROM DIFERENT GAMES AND EVER WORKS, FOR THIS YOU NEED ANY VERSION OF PHOTOSHOP PROGRAM....

Well if test with other machine and its the same

From this point i wait wath the experts tell.
Last edited by Rimbros on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renders Art by Rimbros

Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

This thread could prove quite useful thank you everyone for what has been posted here. Perhaps I can finally capture levels/areas of Kingdom Hearts now.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Maybe when it's a little bit more...understandable :?

EDIT: Well after a little bit of re-reading, I understood the image tutorial. It worked well for Re:COM textures, Zerox :P
Nathen41
advanced

Post by Nathen41 »

i managed to unflatten him but his UV's are fudged. I will try this on some of my older computers later~ Awesome Tutorial for the texture fix tho~

<i know there are other ways of getting ff10 models, but this was a test lol>
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Yeah, biggest problem is the UV's :/