Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Cloud452
veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Cloud452 »

Wow, I must say that implementing Kinect for motion capture is quite an intriguing feature! Pretty much want to go get one myself, if only for this purpose.

That aside, I find I'm having an odd error. I'm currently at my girlfriend's house, and trying to do some work while here. Except, I can't seem to export anything. I select the model I want, and hit 'export'. Nothing happens, and the program seems to freeze (if I click anywhere on the window, I get the annoying windows beep). Her computer is a bit... odd, but it works for her (so she says). It's running Windows 7 64-bit, and the strange thing is, I didn't have this problem before (I had been using some files I brought from home on usb drive... didn't bring it with me this time). I'm using an older version of Noesis (2.5) from a friend who had the old copy. Why am I using an outdated version? Because I currently need to work with the raw's from Crisis Core, and don't have the means available to create a fresh extraction from the Crisis Core data, to use the FF7CC model extension.

Any ideas?

I should mention, I downloaded 2.82, and when I attempt to open 'About Noesis', it also seems to freeze up.

I'm well aware it may just be her problematic computer, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

*edit*

Well this is interesting, I gave it a go in safe-mode, and I was able to extract a model. Not sure what makes the difference, but as I suspected.... it's the damn computer.
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

Cloud452 wrote:don't have the means available to create a fresh extraction from the Crisis Core data, to use the FF7CC model extension.
run >

Code: Select all

ren *.raw *.ff7ccmodel
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

firsak wrote:run >

Code: Select all

ren *.raw *.ff7ccmodel
*insert facepalm moment here* Thanks for that, not sure why/how I forgot about that little trick.

Still wish I knew why this computer had so many issues, and why I have to enter safe-mode to export the models when using Noesis. :roll:
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Hanging on the about dialog, huh? Could be spyware, or just a case of a horrible mess being made of your Windows core/control DLL's. Or both.
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

MrAdults wrote:Hanging on the about dialog, huh? Could be spyware, or just a case of a horrible mess being made of your Windows core/control DLL's. Or both.
I'm going to assume it's the latter, as I ran a thorough scan via Spybot S&D on her computer recently and it didn't find anything too nasty (one or two advertising tracking cookies). Oh well, not the first time this computer has given me or others trouble... but then what do you expect from a computer built by an ex. ;p

And as it nears that hour here on the East Coast, I'd like to wish you and all the other members here a Happy New Year. :)
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

I hate to be that one guy but I was curious for models such as Dissidia's Gmo models the only way to view the Ex-Mode alternate models is in the animated battle models as the other models that start in their unanimated poses don't have the Ex-Mode models.

So my question is this, is it possible to export an animated GMO model so that it defaults to it's unanimated stance as opposed to exporting it and rearranging the model to be exported in just the current frame of animation?
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Zerox wrote:I hate to be that one guy but I was curious for models such as Dissidia's Gmo models the only way to view the Ex-Mode alternate models is in the animated battle models as the other models that start in their unanimated poses don't have the Ex-Mode models.

So my question is this, is it possible to export an animated GMO model so that it defaults to it's unanimated stance as opposed to exporting it and rearranging the model to be exported in just the current frame of animation?
You mean like in it's T-pose?
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

That's exactly what I mean. Except with Dissidia models it appears their arms are at their side which is fine too.
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

Wow, awesome tool!
Would it be possible to add support for Monster Hunter Portable *.TMH (extract and back convert)?
A format analysis is found here already: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3807&p=41451

Thanks and keep the good work up!
serenedays9
ultra-n00b

Post by serenedays9 »

I see Noesis has support for Renderware DFF, though the dropdown says (very old version), meaning it most likely doesn't support RW 3.7 files.

After some Google'ing, this seemingly dead project might be of some use to update support for it, unless it was brought up in another thread and declined, then I apologize.

My reason for bringing it up, was that various DFF tools do not work on the DFFs I'm trying to open/import/view, which seem to be for games built on pre-3.7 RW

Why, Noesis? For viewing/exporting and Kinect mocap purposes :oops:
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

serenedays9 wrote:I see Noesis has support for Renderware DFF, though the dropdown says (very old version), meaning it most likely doesn't support RW 3.7 files.

After some Google'ing, this seemingly dead project might be of some use to update support for it, unless it was brought up in another thread and declined, then I apologize.

My reason for bringing it up, was that various DFF tools do not work on the DFFs I'm trying to open/import/view, which seem to be for games built on pre-3.7 RW

Why, Noesis? For viewing/exporting and Kinect mocap purposes :oops:
It actually isn't really officially RW. The only game I know of the format being used in is Sub Culture. It was made before RenderWare officially existed, by some of the same guys that went on to make RenderWare. I think it was their very first experimental step in that direction, since the format uses some similar structural themes and internal "terminology". For most practical purposes, though, it's probably very different from modern RW DFF incarnations.

I wouldn't mind supporting new versions of DFF at some point, though. Or if anyone else capable wanted to make a Noesis plugin for one or more of the format variants, that would be great. I'm tied up in all kinds of things at the moment, so I can't say I'll get to the format myself any time soon.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

I absolutely love Noesis's Ultra Shot feature it's very useful. In fact I'd love to use it more than I already do but I can't as any model that isn't some game format that Noesis already reads with it's texture doesn't ever seem to load and display the texture on the model.

I would be ecstatic if anyone could tell me how I can get Noesis to load say for example, a .obj model with the textures it requires in the same folder as the .obj model. As currently I can't find anyway to do this.

Edit: Nevermind it appears I got it to work just a bit of a pain to do so. Thanks anyway.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

I dunno if your interested in FF9, but I just found some stuff about the model formats.

http://zidane_games.webhost.ru/formats_FFIX.doc

File extractor:
http://zidane_games.webhost.ru/FF9_TOOLS.rar

As well as a battle scene viewer and source:
http://zidane_games.webhost.ru/FF9_TOOLS.rar

http://zidane_games.webhost.ru/FFIX_BattleScene_viewer_final_+_SRC.rar
darkcloudl
ultra-n00b

Post by darkcloudl »

hello, if someday you can add support for the psp 3rd birthday (parasite eve 3) game i will be eternally grateful to you, keep your great work with noesis :)
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Zerox wrote:I absolutely love Noesis's Ultra Shot feature it's very useful. In fact I'd love to use it more than I already do but I can't as any model that isn't some game format that Noesis already reads with it's texture doesn't ever seem to load and display the texture on the model.

I would be ecstatic if anyone could tell me how I can get Noesis to load say for example, a .obj model with the textures it requires in the same folder as the .obj model. As currently I can't find anyway to do this.

Edit: Nevermind it appears I got it to work just a bit of a pain to do so. Thanks anyway.
Really? How did you get multiple textures to map to the same OBJ in Noesis?
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424