Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

HELP With MH3

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Falcon23rus
ultra-n00b

HELP With MH3

Post by Falcon23rus »

Hello, i'm a russian gamer and i want to translate MH3 on russian language. I found many sites and i have translate tools but i have a problem.

When i put Russian letters the space between them isn't normal. I don't know how to correct this. :( Help somebody

P.S Screens with that trouble:

http://s56.radikal.ru/i154/1012/08/7338c3a1928e.jpg

http://s43.radikal.ru/i101/1012/9d/69860907f8f8.jpg

The spaces between letters same in japanese but in english they're normal. Help please.
kenshinjeff2
ultra-n00b

Re: HELP With MH3

Post by kenshinjeff2 »

Could you post your bin file or attach it somewhere? Sendspace for example? I'll take a look at it for you.
Falcon23rus
ultra-n00b

Post by Falcon23rus »

kenshinjeff2 wrote:Could you post your bin file or attach it somewhere? Sendspace for example? I'll take a look at it for you.
hm, i think it's easily to download game because there is no more files except SYSDIR folder there :D
kenshinjeff2
ultra-n00b

Post by kenshinjeff2 »

lol, that is true, but unless I extract what you wrote, I doubt it's possible for me to tell you how to make the appropriate changes.

Anyway the newline character ought to be x0A and it would seem that russian characters take up 3 bytes as well, could be why one russian char has the same space as one japanese char.
Nimer
n00b

Post by Nimer »

Nice work Falcon ;). It would be nice if you shared how you did it so I could add tutorial from you into my toolset :).

Anyways - my toolset run into little complication. I overlooked some BIN files containing texts from game (like menu).

version 0.1 contained only 16.BIN text files. I am currently working on version 0.2 which would consist of all needed files for making complete translation... but here is were I would need little help (since I lack of time lately ;/) - if anyone of you could give my hints about structure of files from 3972.BIN to 3986.BIN then if would fasten my work. Thanks in advance!

Files 3972.BIN - 3986.BIN have the same structure. Those files covers text for quest translations (their description etc), yet their are really chaotic compare to 16.BIN and 2812.BIN - 2818.BIN (2812.BIN - 2818.BIN contain menus text etc). So any hints would be great.

Have a nice time translating ;).
Falcon23rus
ultra-n00b

Post by Falcon23rus »

Eh... and is there a possibility to change width? Or we should make new pgf font? Tpu said that.
Nimer
n00b

Post by Nimer »

Where did you find that font file within monster hunter iso? I'm really curious about it!

Anyway... get yourself any TTF russian font and convert it to PGF (just type in google ttf to pgf converter).
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

Just roughly guessing, I dont write russian. Does russian have a full-width and half-width typography?
Maybe thats the problem.

About the font: very interested as well.