Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

HELP on .bin file from MHP3

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Nimer
n00b

Re: HELP on .bin file from MHP3

Post by Nimer »

Tonyhunterblade wrote:Hi, i recompiled the data.bin with tpu's program ( mhp3imp.exe ). And next i rebuild data.bin in iso file. I put it on my psp, but like kenn, i've black screen and the memory stick load and load and load.... =/

Do you know where is the problem ? My hexadecimal translation is nevertheless correct... I use as many characters as the English translation.
Try following scheme:
Extract the file you wana change (but do not change it) and after that compile it back. If it works (GAME Runs) then it is fault of your changes.

@tpu: I know I'm asking for a lot recently, jet 1 more answer from you would save my some time (you already solved it). Can you write me some details on structure of 16.BIN file? I have few assumptions (I hate making them so I will refrain from writing them), jet there is 1 thing that bothers my - there is some kind of index table at begin of 16.BIN file. Can you share with us its meaning?
tpu
beginner

Post by tpu »

Tonyhunterblade wrote:Hi, i recompiled the data.bin with tpu's program ( mhp3imp.exe ). And next i rebuild data.bin in iso file. I put it on my psp, but like kenn, i've black screen and the memory stick load and load and load.... =/

Do you know where is the problem ? My hexadecimal translation is nevertheless correct... I use as many characters as the English translation.
Please delete the prx and pmf file from data_bin when repack.
tpu
beginner

Post by tpu »

Sorry, I don't know the format of 16.bin.
Looks like there have many parts in 16.bin. First table pointer to each part. And each part have there own table to pointer each text.
Nimer
n00b

Post by Nimer »

tpu wrote:Sorry, I don't know the format of 16.bin.
Looks like there have many parts in 16.bin. First table pointer to each part. And each part have there own table to pointer each text.
Well, I will get to it by myself - It will just take some time. I just heard from someone you are part of ACG Chiness Group and they have already translated MHP3rd (great work btw), so I though you may already know it (I hate reinventing the wheel).

Thx again mr tpu :). BTW there is alot of stupid tekst from Capcom in 16.BIN (I lough alot about it - the developers furry XD).
Tonyhunterblade
ultra-n00b

Post by Tonyhunterblade »

So, tpu, you tell me to delete prx files and pmf files ?
But I have only prx files, no pmf files...

EDIT : I tried to recompiled the data.bin without touching the content data_bin (I just deleted the folder with the prx). The game does not always start correctly =/

EDIT 2 : During the repacking, i obtain this : http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9370 ... tre1zx.jpg
Strange lol. What is the exact manipulation to rebuild its data.bin ? Where should I place mhp3imp.exe ? What should you do before recompiling ? Sorry for these questions but it's frustrating because this is the last step so I can play in French =/
tpu
beginner

Post by tpu »

Please delete 3349.bin also... and use a clean ISO to try it again.
Tonyhunterblade
ultra-n00b

tpu wrote:Please delete 3349.bin also... and use a clean ISO to try it again.
I try this.

EDIT : I just recompile the Japanese clean version without touching the .bin files.
Result -> The game does not always start ... =/
Nimer
n00b

Post by Nimer »

I managed to fully understand structure of 16.BIN. It is quite easy structure.
First 8 bytes: Header.
Next is BasicIndexTable (Ended with FF FF FF FF).
BasicIndexTable entries are addresses to StringIndexTables.

StringAddressTable is build with addresses (relative from its position in file!) to strings. Each string is ended with 00 char.
Whole block of strings is ended with 00 (so last string entry is ended with 00 00), and after it is another StringAddressTable... and so one and one.

I just need to find in what format jap characters are encoded and 'I am in home' ;).
Tonyhunterblade
ultra-n00b

Anybody here can make program ( wich works ) to recompile game ? ^^
Nimer
n00b

Post by Nimer »

I can make program that works... hell I already did it.

I also found out all in game strings and I can write program for their changing... so just wait a bit, can you? I wrote on other website that I will release such a tool within next 2 days.
Tonyhunterblade
ultra-n00b

Great ! =)
I will wait for it, but do not forget to put your program on this site please ^^
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

Nimer = Atlas?
Tonyhunterblade = DaNS?

Just wondering, those posts remind me of you :D
Anyways, what are you gonna do w/ the prog Tonyhunterblade? Some translation? Eager to have one except for aumanx, it is somewhat buggy for me :)

Kind regards,
~EyCaramba!~
Tonyhunterblade
ultra-n00b

I learn to program in C since 4 days ><
I don't know how to program a decrypter lol.

ps : I'm not DaNS ^^
Nimer
n00b

Post by Nimer »

eycaramba wrote:Nimer = Atlas?
Tonyhunterblade = DaNS?

Just wondering, those posts remind me of you :D
Anyways, what are you gonna do w/ the prog Tonyhunterblade? Some translation? Eager to have one except for aumanx, it is somewhat buggy for me :)

Kind regards,
~EyCaramba!~
I am not Atlas... do not post your imaginations will you?

I have already posted my translation toolset on some PSP forums... just look around the web.
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

Oh well, badly guessed xD
Anyways, nice tools ;)