Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
MrAdults

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults »

At first I was confused, because your quote describes exactly the PSP's texture twiddling. Then I Googled it and was not so confused anymore, as it turns out you got your quote from the *PSP* dev section of the ps2dev forums. :)

I got your TM3's loading, and will look into how to untwiddle them next time I get a chance. May be a little bit, as I just got a Kinect that I'm about to start playing around with.
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

yup it was on the psp one but the files are from ps2, also thanks for sharing your free time (also hope you will share some code snippet to increase my knowledge, i got it "partially" unswizzled but i think the ps2 swizzling may require some additionnal code here and there to fully work.
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

I meant that your quote refers to PSP and not PS2, yeah, so it's not at all applicable. As I've found, hardware texture twiddling is totally different between the two platforms.

Anyway, looks like PCSX2's code has everything you need already.
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php
Just keep in mind that it's under GNU GPL. You'll want to look primarily at gslocalmemory.cpp/h, and gstables.cpp.
Ulquiorra
ultra-n00b

Post by Ulquiorra »

yes, hello there, I just picked up noesis and bleach heat the soul 7 the other day and when i try to preview a gmo file from there it gives me an error stating "file could not be previewed" it doesnt work with any of the gmo files from that game for some reason, am I doing something wrong? do i have to have a plugin to see .gmo files from this game? if it helps im trying to view ulquiorras gmo which i believe is 0000.gmo in chr/ulk/chr file.

Edit: nevermind I got it, the problem was the fpk extractor i was using.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

2.8 is up, which features the results of my Kinect madness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpbuzz7g5FQ

If you wanna get this going for yourself, you're pretty much on your own, as it's all very much in an experimental state. Here's a pretty simple/straightforward guide on how to set your Kinect up under Windows, found via Google:

http://www.cleoag.ru/2010/12/10/kinect-openni/

And attached are some Kinect bone maps for a few models that I happened to make. (from Bayonetta, Vanquish, Gundam Battle Royale, and Sword of the Berserk)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

awasome MrAdult !! do you plan to add some motion recording or something like this ?
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen »

shadowmoy wrote:awasome MrAdult !! do you plan to add some motion recording or something like this ?
INDEED! This is precicely what I am after. Mo-Cap for the masses. A way to create mo-cap animation files to apply to game modding that can be read into "most" modeling apps. (.bms probably?)

Still. Even at this early stage MOST EXCELLENT WORK! BRAVO! 8D

Edit: and rumors abound that Kinect will get an firmware update that will allow more precice tracking (640x480) which will be enough resolution for individual finger tracking as well. (apparently they intentionally limited the camera(s) to 320x240 as to not oversaturate the USB bus as there may have been other devices hooked to it as well. (like my HD-DVD player...DOH!)
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

shadowmoy wrote:awasome MrAdult !! do you plan to add some motion recording or something like this ?
It's already there. :) You can set a start delay, duration, and frames per second to record animation on the Kinect interface dialog. Then hit record and go at it - it records your motion as generic animation data and attaches it to the preview model, and you can export it to any format supported by Noesis using the "Export from preview" option after you finish recording.
FEATHER
advanced

Post by FEATHER »

As i said in other forum about the Kinetic: Maybe this is the end( or just the Beginning of The End ) of the motion capture enterprises, Mo-Cap for all! :)
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Daaaaaang Kinetic motion capture for animations! That's wicked sick now I want to get Kinetic just to try that out.

Very Cool Mr. Adults.

Mr. Adults I know that you were able to easily add the Metroid Prime PAK format when revelation gave you full info on the format, and I was curious if you could do the same for me?

Here is a full documentation on the MDX format used by Warcraft 3: http://home.magosx.com/index.php?topic=20.0

The format is capable of mesh data and skeletal animation. If it isn't too much to ask I would love it if you were able to add support to Noesis for importing and even better would be exporting models with animations to that format.

I believe all the info you would need is documented right there without anything about the format left out for you to still discover. I'd be most grateful if you did add support for it, but if you'd rather not waste your time with it then I'll be okay with accepting that you won't do it. I just think it's a good opportunity for an easy plug-in for Noesis.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

I'm amazed :eek:

I wonder if Playstation Move can do something similar.

That is really amazing :eek:
lex3a
ultra-n00b

Post by lex3a »

MrAdult, it's awesome! Thanks for making it.
Does it support Dissidia models?
Last edited by lex3a on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the impossible
See the invisible
Raw! Raw!
Fight the power!
SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen »

Here is another (Japenese) Kinect mo-cap app (and you can download the whole thing and play with it yourself. Only posting here as a (possible) help to Mr Mouse's efforts is all. Dont meant to take this OT too much!

http://miku-challenge.up.seesaa.net/ima ... nslate.htm

Edit: Looks like the Kinect plugin for this app is here: http://www.geocities.jp/higuchuu4/index_e.htm (DxOpenNI) Sorry.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

2.82:
-Fixed animation matrices not being stored properly for identity-based Kinect recording setups. (added in 2.82)
-Integrated ODE+IK support for Kinect recordings. (added in 2.82)
-Fixed a possible timing issue with Kinect recordings. (added in 2.82)
Here's me screwing around with hinge-boobs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNAXVs8rydU
(scene/ragdoll/IK info is being parsed out of .noesis and .noerag files)
SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen »

MrAdults wrote:2.82:
-Fixed animation matrices not being stored properly for identity-based Kinect recording setups. (added in 2.82)
-Integrated ODE+IK support for Kinect recordings. (added in 2.82)
-Fixed a possible timing issue with Kinect recordings. (added in 2.82)
Here's me screwing around with hinge-boobs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNAXVs8rydU
(scene/ragdoll/IK info is being parsed out of .noesis and .noerag files)

Oh....my....god. That is just wrong on so many levels. I love it! :wink: