Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

MX vs ATV Reflex BXML files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Number18
ultra-n00b

Re: MX vs ATV Reflex BXML files

Post by Number18 »

WRS wrote:
figuare9 wrote:WRS, I don't suppose you can make a tool to allow us to convert XML to BXML?
i have spent a little longer on this format as the recursion thing was itching at me... and i finished a bxml to xml converter - but even that's missing some value types which aren't in the samples.

to repack i need to figure out how to read the xml tree recursively into the bxml table.. with all those indexes too :wink:

for now, see if you run into any trouble converting larger bxml files to xml - my pascal was a little rusty! source is included.
It's good to see you are giving it another try. I've tested the BXML to XML converter and it works great except with the larger files.

Here is a package with all BMXL and XML files I could find so you have some more files to test with.
WRS
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by WRS »

Number18 wrote:I've tested the BXML to XML converter and it works great except with the larger files.
thanks for the samples. the attribute indexes have different types, and anything not a string uses the pool too - i'm not sure why i didn't see that before!

anyway, just look out for nodes which have both children and innertext: to fix an issue with animationsets where the innertext was just a comment which snuck in, i dont bother printing innertext for nodes which have children anymore.

this weekend maybe i'll get a chance to take another look at converting back to bxml (:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Useful tool links:
figuare9
n00b

Post by figuare9 »

WRS wrote:
Number18 wrote:I've tested the BXML to XML converter and it works great except with the larger files.
thanks for the samples. the attribute indexes have different types, and anything not a string uses the pool too - i'm not sure why i didn't see that before!

anyway, just look out for nodes which have both children and innertext: to fix an issue with animationsets where the innertext was just a comment which snuck in, i dont bother printing innertext for nodes which have children anymore.

this weekend maybe i'll get a chance to take another look at converting back to bxml (:
very nice! I can't wait. I'm glad you're helping us out! Do you currently have the game that we're trying to work on? The reason I ask is because you can check for yourself to see if it all works when its put back together in bxml
Number18
ultra-n00b

Post by Number18 »

Hey WRS,

Any news on the converter yet?
figuare9
n00b

Post by figuare9 »

TtT
WRS
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by WRS »

my interest is in the format - which is almost complete - and i have no reason to continue working on this game at all - i don't own, play or care about it!

as it happens, another thread on the .package files was started which uses the bxml format too, so i've been actively working on finishing the bxml to xml converter. WHY? you might ask. well, in order to convert BACK to bxml i need to first understand as much of it as i can? make sense? :keke:
Useful tool links:
Scawn
ultra-n00b

Post by Scawn »

Just so you know, all of your work is greatly appreciated WRS. Thank you for continuing to figure this out.
figuare9
n00b

Post by figuare9 »

bumping, as I'm still trying to figure this out. lol
madcat117
ultra-n00b

Post by madcat117 »

Why did WRS not make xml back to bxml for game to read properly!

bxml to xml only is worthless as the game cannot read regular xml files

WRS make the conversion tool please!