Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy 13 Trial .wmp files

Coders and would-be coders alike, this is the place to talk about programming.
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Final Fantasy 13 Trial .wmp files

Post by Researchman »

.wmp is a file format for Final Fantasy 13 movies. This is not standart video format. Header: WMP Ver:0.01

example:

Need converter or decoder.
BanBlade
ultra-n00b

Re: Final Fantasy 13 Trial .wmp files

Post by BanBlade »

.wmp files are containers for .bik files which are game movies there are several in most of the wmps the attached file will extract them for you and radgametools bik player will play them and convert them but the audio is messed up to fix it extract all three audio tracks merge them then mix it back in works perfect hope this helped
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

Thanks.

That is a pseudo-file that contains multiple clips in the format .bik, which have common audio track, eh?

----------
don`t work:
BanBlade
ultra-n00b

Post by BanBlade »

Ok let me try to be alittle more specific, for one thing I can't read that error I just assume thats the program crashing so heres what I want you to try 1st give the program administrative permissions. 2nd are you draging the actualy .wmp onto the application do not double click it. Just drag the WMP onto the application .exe that should extract them, but I did with the WMP from the retail disc. I don't think there should be any difference from the demo but you never know. The audio is in 3 tracks in each .bik you use the radvideotools (http://www.radgametools.com/) after you have extracted them from the wmp, use the radvideotools and once you have navigated to the bik you want to use there will be a button in radvideotools called "Convert a File" click this uncheck convert video and under convert audio you will see "Input from track" here you will want to put 0 then you will want to hit convert. You will repeat this processes with 1 and 3 this should give you 3 audio files .wav. You will need to merge them together with whatever application you have. When you have all 3 .wavs mixed into 1 .wav then open radvideotools back up navigate to your .bik that your working with and hit the button that says "mix in sound". Choose the audio file you made and hit mix and this should give you a .bik with perfect audio. You can actualy hear what they are saying.
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

Apparently it's because of OS(Windows 7).

I give a program administrative permissions and draging the actualy .wmp onto the application, but nothing happens.

-----------
(run without administrative permissions and other settings)
BanBlade
ultra-n00b

Post by BanBlade »

I dont think it is Windows 7 because i use 7 i think its because its from the ps3 i did this with the 360 version. i think the ps3 uses something other than .bik i have all the movie files if you want me to send them to you?

yeah i did some research its because you are useing the ps3 version they are a different format sorry that was my fault i thought u where using the 360 version its the same container format but diffrent video format inside i could try to make a program to extract them but i dont have ps3 version so no files to work with once again i am very sorry about that i thought you were using 360 version
Last edited by BanBlade on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

No, thanks.

You can create a BinkExtract for ps3 .wmp files of Final Fantasy 13 Trial and Final Fantasy 13 Full Version or create new program, which unpack ps3 .wmp files?
BanBlade
ultra-n00b

Post by BanBlade »

If you could upload the ps3 .wmp somewhere i could try it wasnt to hard with the 360 version so i figure it couldnt be that hard with the ps3 version but i could be wrong
hyndai
advanced

Post by hyndai »

Here a sample file from ps3 http://www.multiupload.com/3ZM1DXFFQP
sprayer
beginner

Post by sprayer »

have any news how to transcode video PAM/wmp ?
cr3at0r
ultra-n00b

Post by cr3at0r »

For the ps3 version you know also for the x360 version the .bin files also hold extra vocal content if you open the winhex or hexworkshop and search for 4C414D45332E3938 header this will supply you with individual straight vocal or noise files that you can mix in your self.
Skyknight
beginner

Post by Skyknight »

I already extracted those wmp files in 360 version, pretty easy if you ask me

FF XIII XBOX360 movies from wmp container

I'll post again when I finish extracting and muxing those PAMFs in wmp from PS3 version.

Xbox360 WMP = BIK
PS3 WMP = PAMF