Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: [Request] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Noesis shows me nothing but weird lines when viewing most obj files. Is there a graphics card requirement for fixing that?
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
valvoga
advanced

Post by valvoga »

Everyone please help
I already put kingdom_hearts_bbs.dll in plugins folder but i still can't open .pmo file in noesis
And i use noesis 2.4.i try to see the list of known format in noesis tab but there is no .pmo file support
Please help
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

I am like so happy that I could kiss you and I'm not even joking. I never would have imagined that something so great would ever be finished for this! I am so very thankful to you revelation, and Mr. Adults too for making his plugin system. I can now convert models with ease that took me hours of converting, mesh repair, uv map repair and re-rigging. Oh this makes my life so much easier to look at these models up close.

THANK YOU!

Now to report on it. It seems that it always exports a blank texture called "defaulttexture.png" every time. It's not an issue but it's just excess. Also when I try to out put as a tga instead of png it still exports a png. Some models appear to be half transparent but it's a small issue that's fixable outside Noesis. Thank you so much!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Mirrorman95 wrote:Noesis shows me nothing but weird lines when viewing most obj files. Is there a graphics card requirement for fixing that?
Upload an example file, please.
valvoga wrote:Everyone please help
I already put kingdom_hearts_bbs.dll in plugins folder but i still can't open .pmo file in noesis
And i use noesis 2.4.i try to see the list of known format in noesis tab but there is no .pmo file support
Please help
Do other plugin formats like Bayonetta and Quake 2 MD2 show up? Also, it would be under "K" in the list for Kingdom, not P. Also, what is the full path name for the folder you're running Noesis from? Which version of Windows are you under? Do you have Windows UAC enabled or disabled?
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

The meshes mentioned that show up rainbow colored, actually do not have textures. There are a few other meshes that have textures, but whose offsets do not point to valid TIM2 information when used. Until a proper way for extracting data from the dat files is made, i cannot tell why this is the case.

Some meshes still show up as semi-transparent at times as there are some textures whose palette seems to have alpha values that max at 0x80 instead of 0xFF and there is no way i have seen to tell if this is correct or if it should be adjusted. A lot of ps2 image data usually has alpha values that max at 0x80, so i will investigate further and see if i should treat these as such as well.

i guess technically i don't really need the default material i create. Noesis seemed to behave fine when a mesh referenced a texture index that did not exist, but i was just trying to be on the safe side.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Yeah, you can also set the texture index on a material to -1 if it's not valid. That's probably the safest thing, since everything checks if it's >= 0. I think everything checks if it's < numTextures too, but I'm less sure about that.

And...I just put a fix up as 2.41 which should correct the default texture output type not being obeyed.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

MrAdults wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:Noesis shows me nothing but weird lines when viewing most obj files. Is there a graphics card requirement for fixing that?
Upload an example file, please.
I have attached a screencap of Noesis. When I try to open OBJs exported from Falo's PMO script, I only see lines extending outward no matter what I do, and when I turn wireframe off I get nothing. When I try to open any OBJs exported from ModelViewerWXD3D9 with 3D Ripper DX, it can only export and not view them.
The PMO plugin, I must say, is working excellently. I only hope that one day, someone will figure out how to make a MDLX plugin for the Noesis program.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Ah thank you for the update Mr. Adults. And again thank you revelation.
valvoga
advanced

Post by valvoga »

@MrAdults
Yes Bayonetta and Quake 2 MD2 are showing up

I already check under "K" but there is no kingdom

The full path name is "C:\Documents and Settings\a\Desktop\KH"
I already tried in other computer but still can't

Im using window xp sp2

Here is the noesis folder and plugin folder

And i already tried using noesis 2.41 but still the plugin doesn't show up
And thanks a lot for your attention MrAdults
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Mirrorman95: I need the actual obj file to see what's going on.

valvoga: Well, since the plugins are working, there are only two real possibilities. 1, you aren't really running Noesis 2.41. Make sure you have extracted it to the right place and what have you. 2, the DLL is failing to load due to a dependency. This would be quite strange since I believe revelation based the project file on my other plugins which you are able to load just fine. Try looking at the KH plugin DLL with Dependency Walker and see if it shows any errors. http://www.dependencywalker.com/
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

MrAdults wrote:Mirrorman95: I need the actual obj file to see what's going on.

valvoga: Well, since the plugins are working, there are only two real possibilities. 1, you aren't really running Noesis 2.41. Make sure you have extracted it to the right place and what have you. 2, the DLL is failing to load due to a dependency. This would be quite strange since I believe revelation based the project file on my other plugins which you are able to load just fine. Try looking at the KH plugin DLL with Dependency Walker and see if it shows any errors. http://www.dependencywalker.com/
I have uploaded the OBJ here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... wm_001.obj
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

The file is generally in bad form, and crashes Max 9's obj importer outright. And its triangle windings are messed up. But the next version of Noesis will choke it down, since it's technically compliant to the obj spec.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I'm glad to hear that.

Also, has anyone figured out how to view MDLX files on a program other than ModelViewerXVD3D9?
valvoga
advanced

Post by valvoga »

Thanks a lot MrAdults now its working after i know where the error is
Also thanks a lot for the KHBBS model extractor,
Revelation and MrAdults you two are an awesome heroes
Thanks a lot,thanks for your magnificent epic work revelation and MrAdults
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Ok, I think we should start making a reference list. I'll add them to the first post.

If you find a model, post it and I'll add it.

Check my list first so that you don't waste your time posting it if I've already got it :P