Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Lineage 2 Model Extracting and Custom Animations

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
bitcruncher
ultra-n00b

Lineage 2 Model Extracting and Custom Animations

Post by bitcruncher »

Hey, can anyone help me understand how to extract L2 models and animations? I've downloaded a countless number of "viewers" and file extractors, but I can't seem to get what I want from this game.

I know there's a backdoor, finding it (or knowing how to find it) seems to be the problem. Does anyone have experience viewing L2 character models? I already know how to view static meshes - but I can't ever seem to find the character models.

Also, I've used Total Commander to try and "unzip" the packaged files, but I keep getting an "error in packed file %1.ukx!" or other files.

I've found some interest in modifying the game since it runs on the Unreal2 engine, and I've seen some pretty sweet mods of character animations and skill modifications.

I know this may be an old game, that many people may have forgotten about, but if you have knowledge with using the Unreal engine please leave a few tips - Thank you!
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Lineage 2 Model Extracting and Custom Animations

Post by Tosyk »

bitcruncher wrote:Hey, can anyone help me understand how to extract L2 models and animations? I've downloaded a countless number of "viewers" and file extractors, but I can't seem to get what I want from this game.

I know there's a backdoor, finding it (or knowing how to find it) seems to be the problem. Does anyone have experience viewing L2 character models? I already know how to view static meshes - but I can't ever seem to find the character models.

Also, I've used Total Commander to try and "unzip" the packaged files, but I keep getting an "error in packed file %1.ukx!" or other files.

I've found some interest in modifying the game since it runs on the Unreal2 engine, and I've seen some pretty sweet mods of character animations and skill modifications.

I know this may be an old game, that many people may have forgotten about, but if you have knowledge with using the Unreal engine please leave a few tips - Thank you!
I think this link can help you.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
jin76
n00b

Post by jin76 »

yes i tried the umodel but that is unable to open the animation files. I know there is a convertor on that site that can import and export animation aswell but that one is for money , I was wondering if there were any other way to bring these in max or maya with animations
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

I have had no problem opening L2 animations with umodel.
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

jin76 wrote:yes i tried the umodel but that is unable to open the animation files. I know there is a convertor on that site that can import and export animation aswell but that one is for money , I was wondering if there were any other way to bring these in max or maya with animations
:? (???) umodel and all its functions are totally free...you can extract meshes with bones and animations from Lineage 2 exporting those to psk and psa formats.
Read this : http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/board,10.0.html ....bye :wink:
jin76
n00b

Post by jin76 »

Oh thanks guys :D
yes it finally worked , I was just not using the program properly :mrgreen: