Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [Request] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post by Zerox »

In theory such is possible MirrorMan. Though they'd probably only exist as level data which is only in a primitive state as far as anyone here's ability to view levels goes. But perhaps there are a few doodads you may find that you could convert, things like trees and the like.

Anyway it's been 10 days since Falo posted saying he might release his converter updated. And I must say I'm still anxiously awaiting it. I just hope he's near the end of Fallout New Vegas by now.

After all I saw that in his last image he showed that he'd fixed the UV issues on Terra and Ven's armors. I'd love to be able to take a closer look but currently all I get is a garbled mess. But I'll just be patient.

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/4xfkqsed/TVA.jpg
Soraoscuro
n00b

Post by Soraoscuro »

Mirrorman95 wrote:Will we be able to extract the 3D models pertaining to Jungle Book?
Apparently there doesn't seem to be any, but I believe there must be one since there are FULLY textured and finished maps inside the game.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

That's going to work. Although, the 358/2 model post is all but dead now.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

So...any updates at all? Seems this thread is dying off a bit.

Remember that you can just write a plugin for Noesis now, rather than having to create your own viewer/dumper.

Btw Zerox, I've been meaning to ask, did you rig that model of Aqua yourself, or did you manage to use the bones.txt?
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Indeed. Most chatter died off when Falo said he was going to release a new converter but that was two weeks ago.

I'd be willing to look at making plug-ins for Noesis but somewhere I missed that documentation for it or anywhere that mentioned it. I may just have looked in the wrong place but if you could help point me in the right direction that'd be wonderful. It's in 1.9 right?

I wish I could of used the bones.txt but I just rigged it myself. Sorry to disappoint.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

I thought you had, I was thinking there was no way you could have used the bones.txt :P

Actually its 2.3 now. If you download that you'll find a sample one in the plugins folder, but it looks incredibly complicated :/
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

I would recommend the Quake 2 MD2 importer/exporter example for beginners, it's pretty dead-simple. But if you don't know C/C++, you won't understand it. I have noticed most of the major model RE's here on Xentax seem to write standalone tools in C/C++, though. Except chrrox, who is the main player that seems to like sticking with maxscript. :)
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

Just some image to hype you guys, and hopefully get this topic further to its conclusion. The format has already been posted and now, well, you asked, and i went ahead and set aside a little bit of time to convert my code for you...

ImageImageImageImage

Still some issues with vertex colors with alpha and joint weights, but hopefully i can get those fixed as well.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

I realize you say that there are still things to work out but that is the best news I have ever seen. Especially if that plug in sees the light of day. Even if it doesn't go any further than it already has. It's capable of much more than Falo's converter's old release is by the looks of it.

I wish I had more time to learn and look at how you did it myself.
valvoga
advanced

Post by valvoga »

That is a breakthrough for kh model wow
That is awesome revelation
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Wow, great job :D

They look so much better now. So, what's the problems with joint weights?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

When will someone come out with a new PMO extraction or conversion script? And how do you make the tm2 files into pngs that actually look like the real game textures?
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Just want to thank revelation in public for being the first person to take the initiative and make a Noesis plugin. :) He exposed some bugs in the Noesis plugin system in the process too, so I'll be putting a new version up today or tomorrow that fixes those bugs, and his plugin will probably be following soon after.
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

Thanks go to MrAdults for his tool and help getting you a working KHBBS plugin for Noesis. http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=plugins Source code is included for those interested, and any bug reports or fixes are greatly appreciated. Hope this is useful to those of you interested in investigating the models further.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Congrats, your the first to ever make a public plugin for Noesis :D

One thing I've noticed with HQ Aqua 396.pmo, is that there are a lot of meshes, 74 to be exact.

451.pmo is Master Xehanort, only he has that weird Rainbow texture that Woody and Buzz have in KH2.

MISSING LILO AND STICH CHARACTER 524.PMO

Wendy Pleakley, that one with the one eye and annoying voice.

653.pmo is Pluto, but I don't recall seeing him in BBS at all :/

243.pmo is the Door to Kingdom Hearts...though I don't recall seeing that either.

759.pmo appears to be a disney keyblade, though I don't recognise it.