Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninety Nine Nights 2

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Surveyor
veteran

Ninety Nine Nights 2

Post by Surveyor »

Hi there, how are things,
There is this game (N3-2) that I've been messing with and I was able to extract the models, both stages and characters, these aren't the best models out there but it was worth the effort. More to come soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrrox

Re: Ninety Nine Nights 2

Post by chrrox »

Cool nice job.
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Ok, first things first, we need to extract the data out of those fpd files, unfortunately, I couldn't decode the filename table, the archive structure is the same as Lost Odyssey, only offsets and sizes are visible, and thus a lot of data will be ignored, but as long as we can locate the models, we're fine :) This N3-2 Data Extractor (attached below) will do the job for you, a little too much maybe, just put it where default.fpd, default.fpi and xenon_bg.fpd are.
default.fpd contains the game data and xenon_bg.fpd holds the stage data, after extraction, the mcts directory will hold the stage data and mnks will have the models, feel free to delete the rest of the directories if you don't need them. The musics are in xwav.
Next, we will take care of those stages even if they are so dull.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

This tool works on the mcts files that hold the stages, put it in the MCTS directory and execute, the 65 MCTS files must all be present. The good thing about those mcts files is that they contain filenames, which means that the extracted data will have correct names. The bad thing is that the so called DDS files aren't true DDS and are compressed in a an unknown manner, if you have time, take a look and maybe you can figure out the compression. The decompression should be similar to the the tex files in the tex directory (with lots of zeros).
The extracted data is easilly identified:
-dds: textures
-ligt: lights
-lmch: lightmaps?? or collision
-matr: materials
-mest: mesh
-shdr: shaders
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Yeah, those dull stages seem to show perfectly!! I'll upload the obj exporter soon.
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hi,
Now here's the stage exporter, it processes MEST files and outputs OBJ files, only position data is hanldled right now, no tex UV's or colors, maybe when when we have working textures.
Enjoy.
EternaL
ultra-n00b

Post by EternaL »

Really good job :wink:
Thanks
I love to see a characters converter soon
Thanks again Surveyor
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

The MNKS extractor:
Will parse the mnks files and extract some useful data (models and anims) the rest of the data is ignored since every type needs its own parser (and there are many).
Put the program in the MNKS directory, there is an mnks list that you can modify to your own needs. One thing I'm still not sure of is there's only one texture per model, no normals, specular maps, nothing!!! Maybe one texture holds all of them, we'll see that when we have working textures.
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hi
Skinning works too, the model exporter will be available soon.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Surveyor wrote:Hi
Skinning works too, the model exporter will be available soon.
So great, thanks!
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
luciasil
n00b

Post by luciasil »

Cool nice job.
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

A really great job man!!!
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hello,
Here's the MESK exporter, it's experimental only so there's no UV coords, no normals, just proper skinning (and this isn't nothing)
The exporter is very easy to use, it generates an MS file that you'll need to drag into 3dsmax, Just make sure the .joint file is also there since it holds the skeleton data.
Enjoy.
EternaL
ultra-n00b

Post by EternaL »

A Real man's job ! Thx
Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Szkaradek123 »

Surveyor,

Please,add uv-mapping for your great tools.
Mayby uv use "half-precision floating-point number" for 2 bytes.