Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 PC .GTO Models

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Panzah
advanced

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 PC .GTO Models

Post by Panzah »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Zerovisibilite
n00b

Re: Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 PC .GTO Models

Post by Zerovisibilite »

I'm already on it, I have some working demo stuff but there is enough differences in the float structures that only a hand full of the models make it through without crashing max. I will have to relook at the way the offsets are handled in the new files.
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

Ah thank you for a swift reply.
It's great to know that you're already on it and hopefully will make a working version for TFU2 :)
Cheers, I appreciate your hard work.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
darkmatter78
n00b

Post by darkmatter78 »

@ AceWell

--DANGIT, beat me by 3 hours. One day I will figure something out first on this site, one day.

@ Zerovisibilite

--Does this decrease the time it will take you to crack this code or were you already aware of this and it makes no difference in that regard? Thanks, love your tool.----Err, wait, not like that buddy

It appears as though it is only the models that were in part 1 that are able to be extracted with the tool.
You realize, of course, that the people here are the future of human warfare, don't you? Who woulda thought that a keyboard could be more powerful than an army in 2010? Only those who thought about it.
Zerovisibilite
n00b

Post by Zerovisibilite »

darkmatter78 wrote:@ AceWell

--DANGIT, beat me by 3 hours. One day I will figure something out first on this site, one day.

@ Zerovisibilite

--Does this decrease the time it will take you to crack this code or were you already aware of this and it makes no difference in that regard? Thanks, love your tool.----Err, wait, not like that buddy

It appears as though it is only the models that were in part 1 that are able to be extracted with the tool.
No, the models that are new have different heads on the Vert Count and Face Count. These are models that were ported over from the olds game to use in the new. They will go through but like you see dome stuff just don't make it. The head was remodeled and anythin(most) new models will return 0 models found

Greg
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

Ah, thanks for the revelation. But as said above, only the stuff that was ported over from TFU1 works, new things like head meshes and completly new models etc don't convert.
I hope you can make an updated version of the ripper soon :)
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Can you share a file that wasn't ported from the first game then?
I don't think the Starkiller Classic model displayed in my previous post is a good example of geometry not coming through the converter since there was no texture for the head included in the files provided unless you removed it prior to uploading. This indicates that the geometry wasn't there to start with but was being pulled from another gto file by the game engine so the developers didn't have to waste precious space by storing the same geometry over and over in multiple files which i thought was a benefit of using the gto format but this is purely speculation.
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

Yeah no problem, I'll upload it tomorrow since where I'm at atm I haven't got access to TFU2. Check this post tomorrow for links to a couple of non-ported-over models.
CZW
veteran

Post by CZW »

informations works really fine ...

but for some it don't work

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b43222c ... oidian.gto

uncompressed file

if someone have a solution ...
convertion do with the ripper
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

darkmatter78
n00b

Post by darkmatter78 »

Last edited by darkmatter78 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
You realize, of course, that the people here are the future of human warfare, don't you? Who woulda thought that a keyboard could be more powerful than an army in 2010? Only those who thought about it.
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

The point is to update the ripper to support TFU2 models, it doesn't work with any of the models made for TFU2.
It only works with the ones they ported over from TFU1.

Besides I've been asked to supply models that aren't TFU1 ports, so I did.
darkmatter78
n00b

Post by darkmatter78 »

Panzah wrote:The point is to update the ripper to support TFU2 models, it doesn't work with any of the models made for TFU2.
It only works with the ones they ported over from TFU1.

Besides I've been asked to supply models that aren't TFU1 ports, so I did.
Yes, yes. Sorry. I misread your post at first and I did not read the request post. AND I thought you were posting that to me, haha. That is strike three for me in one post. I.B.Dumba. So much so I wish to erase it from history. SEE ABOVE

EDIT---No, I did not misread your post, so long as my use of the word port is the same as yours. But I did miss the request for it. Either way, my bad. But, by "port", you simply mean that it was a model in 1 that they placed into 2, right? I think I foolishly assumed that the crimesolvers on the gto case all HAD the game and, therefore, all of the files. But now I am thinking that there are probably too many games to download or buy(?#@?) or they simply dont giv a shiv about it, only the code to crack, so f an 8GB file.
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

Yeah it's a request of mine to the people that made the original GTO Ripper for TFU1.
I hope the talented people here can figure out and make a version compatibile with TFU2 models.
TFU2 has 2 different types of gto's.
Some seem to be using different offsets or something for the model data and that's the case with all the models made for TFU2.
The models ported over from TFU1 (As in, they took the original GTO's from TFU1 and simply put it in TFU2 to avoid more work) work fine.

Hopefully you guys can make a TFU2 compatibile version of the GTO Ripper :)