Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - lp.wad [x360]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - lp.wad [x360]

Post by Evin »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
chrrox

Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - lp.wad [x360]

Post by chrrox »

use xbdecompress from the sdk to decompress this.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Huh, it's works. :) Thx.
UberBlack
advanced

Post by UberBlack »

Storm Trooper
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kk2vy8

Attached is the storm trooper from Unleashed 2. It is GTO, but the format is different. I hope that bones can be supported this time around. I have also included the materials, and animation.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

UberBlack wrote:Storm Trooper

Attached is the storm trooper from Unleashed 2. It is GTO, but the format is different. I hope that bones can be supported this time around. I have also included the materials, and animation.
How did you extract unleashed 2?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

It's the same gto format, the file is just compressed with gzip. Add a .gz on the end and extract with WinRar or use quickbms, etc.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

revelation wrote:It's the same gto format, the file is just compressed with gzip. Add a .gz on the end and extract with WinRar or use quickbms, etc.
Thanks
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
JeffT
n00b

Post by JeffT »

revelation wrote:

It's the same gto format, the file is just compressed with gzip. Add a .gz on the end and extract with WinRar or use quickbms, etc.
Tried xbdecompress, it decompress original file to the file with header "LWAD". WinRar don't open it (((
darkmatter78
n00b

Post by darkmatter78 »

JeffT wrote:
revelation wrote:

Tried xbdecompress, it decompress original file to the file with header "LWAD". WinRar don't open it (((

Change the .lp extension to .zip. Easy breezy
You realize, of course, that the people here are the future of human warfare, don't you? Who woulda thought that a keyboard could be more powerful than an army in 2010? Only those who thought about it.
UberBlack
advanced

Post by UberBlack »

darkmatter78 wrote:
Then take the .gto and change the .gto to .zip Easy breezy x2 ;) (Special thanks to Chrrox for figuring it out) When you use the new GTO with the ripper the UV's aren't included.

UberBlack
darkmatter78
n00b

Post by darkmatter78 »

UberBlack wrote:
darkmatter78 wrote:
Then take the .gto and change the .gto to .zip Easy breezy x2 ;) (Special thanks to Chrrox for figuring it out) When you use the new GTO with the ripper the UV's aren't included.

UberBlack

Haha. Nice work. I just told someone they were three hours ahead of me on discovering and posting this. But you win by 5 hours. Good stuff.

Edit-- Or I should say Chrrox, I guess. Well that just means my time behind dropped even further. :/

Is anyone else missing half or more of the GTO's in the DLC folder?
You realize, of course, that the people here are the future of human warfare, don't you? Who woulda thought that a keyboard could be more powerful than an army in 2010? Only those who thought about it.
UberBlack
advanced

Post by UberBlack »

I'm just happy that it was discovered. Bones are still and issue, as it's the same format as the first game. I also discovered that the TFU_GTO_Ripper deleted the UV's. When I export the OBJ from TFU_GTO_Ripper the OBJ causes an error importing into Maya. I have to import it into DeepExploration first, and then Maya, and I noticed that the UV's are gone :(

I have also read that it is missing some parts of new models from TFU2. The animation format is still compressed, so there is some work to be done, but I think it's well worth it.

I don't know if sound has been ripped yet.

UberBlack
darkmatter78
n00b

Post by darkmatter78 »

UberBlack wrote:The animation format is still compressed, so there is some work to be done, but I think it's well worth it.

I don't know if sound has been ripped yet.

UberBlack

Uber, my man. Can you ( or anyone ) here tell me exactly WHY the animation files almost always seem to be harder to pull? And since they ARE, generally, harder to get, (as far as I can tell, at least the newer releases) then why not compress or encrypt ALL files, like models with the same code? Or is it that more emphasis and time is spent on getting the models so these big brains have little desire left for the anim?

I ask because I have been STRUGGLING, with every possible way I have been able to find, to get some really top quality sword/saber animations. I have plenty of bvh files but they aren't doing the trick. I can pretty much animate to their equal and that isn't very good. To improve, I must study the more intense sequences, such as in TFU.

I have even gone so far as to "green screen" a room or section of TFU, modded the character to be nothing but "tracking points" , recorded with Fraps, and imported into Movimento and tracked the motion. Needless to say, this is a pretty bad approach. Inventive, sure. But maybe the results are why no one else has attempted it (to my knowledge).I spent a dozen hours and got a whole lotta nothing special.
dragbody
veteran

Post by dragbody »

Hello everyone!

I hate to resurrect an old topic, but I'm hoping to obtain a method of extracting the models from the xbox DLC for TFU2. I had no luck with xbdecompress so I PMed the original poster of this topic, evin, to see if he could help. He let me know that the dlc files are not compressed and that the wad is just a container, but he has no unpacker for it. This is a view of the files:

Does anyone know of a method for unpacking these? Or would anyone be able to create an unpacking script? Please PM if you need more information.

Best regards,
dragbody
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

These *.wad files are already decompressed, to extract the contents open each *.wad file in a hex editor and put your cursor on 0x1000 and delete everything above it then save the file. The new header will start with "APak", then use QuickBMS and THIS script by aluigi to extract the files.
The extraction will be incomplete since the script only extracts the files from the first name table. The script needs to be modified to scan and extract all of the name tables which are scattered throughout the archive.
I believe (not confirmed) the LWAD chunks at the beginning of the file define the size and location of each name table within the archive.
You could extract the files by hand if you're in a hurry. Search for the hex value 9f 02 00 00 to jump to the beginning of a *.gto model file, but i don't think we have any viewing or conversion tools compatible with the 360 version of those files.