Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Random question about rules: what is and isn't allowed here?

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Quetzalcoatil
n00b

Random question about rules: what is and isn't allowed here?

Post by Quetzalcoatil »

I'm curious as to what the 'rules of the road' here are. For example, certain games (the FF, RE, Halo, etc series's) have been hacked completely due to cooperation between well educated and intelligent people here on the forum. My goal is to (ahem) become one of these people soon, but I don't want to bring any bad rep to the board, any one here, nor myself. Sooo ...

1. I've searched the FAQ, but not seen any 'RULES' specific to this forum. Where can I find them?
2. Are sharing the explicit details about a certain encryption routine allowed wholesale, or should I go about things at this level through pm's, or not at all? For example, there are scripts available for extracting most of SqEx's games archive formats, but the extracted files' encryption really isn't discussed openly(viewers are just built by people that have figured it out...).
3. Posting encrypted/compressed files seems to be ok, but not the decrypted versions. Is this statement accurate.
4. Where do I post my findings?
5. I'm new here, so be gentle.

Thanks,
-Q13
chrrox

Re: Random question about rules: what is and isn't allowed h

Post by chrrox »

post any information you want regarding formats.
but this should not really go in this thread this should be in an introduction section or general.
the rules are here.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1270
Just be nice to people here and respect them and they will respect you.
Quetzalcoatil
n00b

Re: Random question about rules: what is and isn't allowed h

Post by Quetzalcoatil »

Thanks for the rules link chrrox! And yes, I guess it wound up being more general than I had intended at first. I originally set out to ask about any special rules for this specific 'section' of the forum, but I broadened my scope once I realized I hadn't found any rules at all yet <)
Most seem to be common sense, but I had to make sure.

Cheers!
-Q13