Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ripping and Converting FF12 models for use in MMD

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
DeathByMMD
ultra-n00b

Ripping and Converting FF12 models for use in MMD

Post by DeathByMMD »

Here's my eventual goal: To make a FFXII Bangaa do the Nyan Nyan dance in MikuMikuDance.
Here's my problem: I can't convert my ripped data to anything usable or even viewable!

After Googling around forever, I found no availiable bangaa models preripped for me to simply download and play with. SO, rather than ask someone to do all the work and headache for me, I decided to rip, rig and 'create' my own model. :P

I successfully dumped/ripped the data from the disk and into RAW form. From there I have yaz0r's programs and method of 3DripperDX and ModelViewerWXD3D9 to hopefully convert (or at the very least view) the models.

The only problem with that is ModelViewerWXD3D9 crashes everytime I try to run it and 3DripperDX has to use that to get at the files! I have tried redownloading and installing it from several different sources with the same result everytime.

I can't find any other viewer that will touch FFXII models, though someone sent me to mesh2rdm. This program is supposed to be able to convert raws and other formats into obj, dae, 3ds and other types. No matter what type I tried I got the 'The model could not be converted' error. So no luck with that either. TT___TT

Can anyone help me get these RAWs to something I can eventually use in MMD? I can deal with all the boning, etc myself if none of that will convert (though for some games they will) but I can't do anything more with the RAWs at this point.

NOTE:
I have the newest versions of MikuMikuDance and PMDEditor if that matters at all for the final file type.
I DO NOT have 3DSMax, Blender or any other viewer/editor/converters.
Quetzalcoatil
n00b

Re: Ripping and Converting FF12 models for use in MMD

Post by Quetzalcoatil »

Well, you need to make sure your graphics card supports Pixel Shader 2.0. I can run it fine, and I have a GeForce 8600 in my rig.

Hope that helps. Also, when you get it to run, you'll need to check 'export Wavefront OBJ' on the 3dRipper's configure window. Then just download Blender and import the .obj.

-Q13
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

dont remember the tool name but there is a ff12 viewer that also converts to collada .dae format with animations. This is a model format with bones and animations. It can be opened in blender that is free and converted something else you want
Quetzalcoatil
n00b

Post by Quetzalcoatil »

It was called 'Chargeur' I think, and I'm pretty sure it was done by a guy in Canada or France. I remember trying to use it back in the day, and the export feature having some issues with blenders import dae scripts. I could never get the meshes to come through, rigging worked great though XD
Quetzalcoatil
n00b

Post by Quetzalcoatil »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.