Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (ps3)

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Metal Gear Solid 4 (ps3)

Post by Tosyk »

Recently i get this very good game on my ps3.
Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

And so i want make request.
[Request] Basically i want get models (with bones if it possible) and textures.

Two main folder:
Image Image

Attached some samples below. If you want more samples i can upload more.

mg_setup1.self (12.8mb) | mg_setup.geom (14.8kb) | MGS4.SELF (4.08mb) | slot_cm_body.slot (2.06mb) | speech.dat (181mb)

p.s.: to chrrox and MrAdults, maybe you can help with researching formats of this game, because models in it are really good.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
bigboot
Banned

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (ps3)

Post by bigboot »

Last edited by bigboot on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I noob bro!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

I know that revelation has been working on MGS4 for quite a long time. From what I understood, though, the content itself is all encrypted. I told him I would help him look at that, but that was months ago, and I ended up getting sidetracked on finishing another personal project up. So I don't know how much progress he has made since.

I would contact him and try to pick up where I left off, but I'm still too swamped with stuff and don't want to end up bugging him just to fall through on him again. :) I would really like to get access to the unencrypted model/texture data, though, and plan to prioritize this eventually. Probably after Bayonetta.
pietastesgood
advanced

Post by pietastesgood »

So, am I correct in thinking that these music files are also encrypted? I'd love to get my hands on the unreleased MGS4 songs (though looking at the screenshot it seems as though many of these songs are from the other games?) Is it certain that the music files are encrypted, or are they in some sort of proprietary codec? It's frustrating how we can even see the song titles but not get the actual content. D:
bigboot
Banned

Post by bigboot »

(though looking at the screenshot it seems as though many of these songs are from the other games?)
the content .dbm the image, you can listen in online mode (MGO)
I noob bro!
pietastesgood
advanced

Post by pietastesgood »

bigboot wrote:
(though looking at the screenshot it seems as though many of these songs are from the other games?)
the content .dbm the image, you can listen in online mode (MGO)
I didn't quite understand that; so, you mean that these random songs are played in Metal Gear Online?
bigboot
Banned

Post by bigboot »

pietastesgood wrote:so, you mean that these random songs are played in Metal Gear Online?
I noob bro!
pietastesgood
advanced

Post by pietastesgood »

bigboot wrote: Image
Alright, I understand now.
BerserkLeon
ultra-n00b

Post by BerserkLeon »

I realize this thread's like 3 years old
But I'd really like to know if anyone's made any progress on this game's files.
I'm specifically interested in the DBM/mta2 format, as the only available gamerip is incomplete and seems to have been made through line-in, not straight software decoding.
Any information is welcome. You can reach me at BeLe (at) live (dot) jp
Killerx20
ultra-n00b

Post by Killerx20 »

I am also interested in getting the MTA2 files converted to listen to. I am trying to possibly get the Mantis Hymn theme from during the cutscene, not the one that sounds remixed in game. I have attempted at trying to get the file to play by switching the header to MTAF as metal gear solid 3 uses to no avail, although I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to HEX editors... Anyways I saw somewhere on here somebody was working at trying to get a MTA2 codec working, I think his name is hcs?