Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Xenoblade .brsar file

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Romored
beginner

Xenoblade .brsar file

Post by Romored »

Using Falo's scripts, I succesfully managed to extract the audio files from "snd.pkb", in Xenoblade game disc.
But now there's something wrong. The files I extract with quickbms have .dat extention, but looking into them with an hex editor, they look like some kind of .brsar files. I tried to extract them using brsar_unpack.exe, and even if it recognises the number of sounds contained into each file (information contained into the header, though), it just skips every entry and doesn't extract nothing. I tried using VGMToolbox, too, but to no avail. I read somewhere that brsar_unpack can't extract Stereo WAVs, but I can't believe that ALL sounds of that game are in stereo!!! I tried with every file, but the result was always the same.
I attach one of the files, so maybe you can find a solution. The problem is probably that the sounds contained are in a different format than older .brsar files. Some of the headers I can locate are RSEQ, RWAR and RWAV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Romored
beginner

Re: Xenoblade .brsar file

Post by Romored »

I solved by opening the files with VGMToolbox: it extracts .rwav files that are perfectly readable with vgmstream. They can also be converted with Winamp, if you have the right plug-in.
kilik
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by kilik »

i extract file but where the plugin you talking about this
iamatmylimit
ultra-n00b

Post by iamatmylimit »

you dont need the plugin for winamp if you have VGMToolbox.since you cant find the plugin(for winamp) id suggest you use VGMToolbox.Better to get 1 program instead of looking for 2.
hshadow
ultra-n00b

Post by hshadow »

Hi. I know this is an old post but is the only lead I found. Do any of you still have the VGMToolbox aorund there? I tried to download it, several versions of the ones on SourceForge but they won't work. 7-zip just keep throwing up the error "cannot open file as archive". I just want the sounds from Xenoblade Chronicles. Thanks.