Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mafia II SDS files?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
lUIGUIPIETRO
veteran

Re: Mafia II SDS files?

Post by lUIGUIPIETRO »

kalleoskar wrote:thats the lua console, i meant to open the lua files that are in the sds files, but thanks anyway :)
Oh Sorry. I´m use translator,...
jackpack
advanced

Post by jackpack »

sweet the extractor gets me everything i need ;)

but wtf are these file types, i know the dss are textures but wheres the meshs... ps:srry fr noob question i see a few posts back that theres a tool or something, just want to get stuff into 3dmax :)

kalleoskar
beginner

Post by kalleoskar »

dont think there been released an model importer so u just have to be patient ^^ im waiting for a program to open and modify the lua files, there are a lot of things u can change then ;)
SAS
ultra-n00b

Post by SAS »

here is packer\unpacker for sds files with very comfortable GUI http://www.mafia2portal.ru/files/Soft/S ... v1.0.1.zip
kalleoskar
beginner

Post by kalleoskar »

yes i know^^ its pretty good, but i need something to open and modify the lua files, there is all kind of nice stuff in there which u can unlock to use in freeride etc, but u cant use wordpad or other programs to open lua, just a lot of zeros and wierd letters. so please :) help
jackpack
advanced

Post by jackpack »

kalleoskar wrote:yes i know^^ its pretty good, but i need something to open and modify the lua files, there is all kind of nice stuff in there which u can unlock to use in freeride etc, but u cant use wordpad or other programs to open lua, just a lot of zeros and wierd letters. so please :) help
well modding halflife has some lua messing?.

maby a look on garrysmod for lua tuts or something might throw something up, ill have a look & see what i find ;)

lua linkie: http://www.facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
Mbi2010
Banned

Post by Mbi2010 »

How to Increase the size of subtitles? Which file contains the settings size of subtitles?
Any idea? :]
cml
ultra-n00b

Post by cml »

Mbi2010 wrote:How to Increase the size of subtitles? Which file contains the settings size of subtitles?
Have the same question , maybe possible replace and use other one (more readable) ?
kalleoskar
beginner

Post by kalleoskar »

http://www.dfordsoft.com/cs/LuaCodingSetup.zip found an awesome program for lua files! and the crosshair i think is in the gui map folder somewhere ^^
Mbi2010
Banned

Post by Mbi2010 »

cml wrote:
Mbi2010 wrote:How to Increase the size of subtitles? Which file contains the settings size of subtitles?
Have the same question , maybe possible replace and use other one (more readable) ?
Fix for Increasing size of subtitles in Mafia II.
Made by DronCho[CentR].

Install Notes:

1. Install to your Mafia II dir (...\Mafia II\);
2. Enjoy!

P.S. Installer provides backup of original files (see BACKUP_filename.sds_BACKUP)

Download:

Russian installer - mafia2_subfix.exe (1.27 MB)
English installer - mafia2_subfix_en.exe (1.27 MB)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
speedycars
ultra-n00b

Post by speedycars »

Hello,

I've already translated the main text file of the game, and imported it successfully into the game structure. But I have trouble with packing the bin subtitle files from missionscript folder. It seems they are not extracted correctly, or they're not packed correctly, or both.

Does anyone have more knowledge about SDS files in missionscript folder?!

The game shows error message that the load of the mission has failed. If you unpack and repack the untouched original files in these SDS's, it shows the same error. If you put the original SDS file, there is no problem at all...
venomtrk
n00b

Post by venomtrk »

speedycars wrote:Hello,

I've already translated the main text file of the game, and imported it successfully into the game structure. But I have trouble with packing the bin subtitle files from missionscript folder. It seems they are not extracted correctly, or they're not packed correctly, or both.

The game shows error message that the load of the mission has failed. If you unpack and repack the untouched original files in these SDS's, it shows the same error. If you put the original SDS file, there is no problem at all...

I have the same problem as well. I'm translating the Turkish version of this great game but when you continue a mission sometimes it crashes to desktop. :(

As you said, problem is missionscript sds files. If you unpack and repack just original files you will receive Load Failed message.
Last edited by venomtrk on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qabRieL
veteran

Post by qabRieL »

venomtrk wrote:
speedycars wrote:Hello,

I have the same problem as well. I'm translating the Turkish version of this great game but when you continue a mission sometimes it crashes to desktop. :(
Damn! :evil:
speedycars
ultra-n00b

Post by speedycars »

The author of the SDSTool released a new version of his program, which fixes my problem. :)
Mbi2010
Banned

Post by Mbi2010 »

When support .sds from x360 will be possible? :oops:

I can give some files from x360 version :]