Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

360 Super Street Fighter 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
DerMeister
beginner

Re: 360 Super Street Fighter 4

Post by DerMeister »

DerMeister wrote:Has any progress been made when it comes to recompressing the costumes themselves, to make skins, you know?

I haven't been able to come up with anything
Seriously, it's like it just died. Come on people, someone that knows this shit help us, pleeeeeeaseeeeee!
DerMeister
beginner

Post by DerMeister »

bumping!
dknlght
ultra-n00b

Post by dknlght »

Well I did try but haven't found the right way to compress the files back made a lot of coasters lol. Unfortunately I don't have a JTAG xbox otherwise it would have been easier to do some more testing. But From what I've read the extra costumes that you downloaded from xbox live for SF4 should still work for SSF4 therefore wouldn't those costume still work with the old compression? This means that you should still be able to mod the add-ons if you had the JTAG xbox. Unfortunately I can't verify that. Can someone with a JTAG xbox mod the 2nd costumes for SF4 and see if it works for SSF4?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Just asking in the possibility for a model converter. Hope someone is interested enough to try it.
DerMeister
beginner

Post by DerMeister »

dknlght wrote:Well I did try but haven't found the right way to compress the files back made a lot of coasters lol. Unfortunately I don't have a JTAG xbox otherwise it would have been easier to do some more testing. But From what I've read the extra costumes that you downloaded from xbox live for SF4 should still work for SSF4 therefore wouldn't those costume still work with the old compression? This means that you should still be able to mod the add-ons if you had the JTAG xbox. Unfortunately I can't verify that. Can someone with a JTAG xbox mod the 2nd costumes for SF4 and see if it works for SSF4?
From what I've seen, SSF4 has the DLC files in the disc. Both the old ones with the new format and the new ones. AFAIK, the DLC pretty much just unlocks the content for use.
DerMeister
beginner

Post by DerMeister »

buuuuuuump, still wondering how to recompress that stuff D:
piecemontee
advanced

Post by piecemontee »

Hi, I cannot update SF4 viewer but I released the sources (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sf4viewer/), I hope it may help.
DerMeister
beginner

Post by DerMeister »

piecemontee wrote:Hi, I cannot update SF4 viewer but I released the sources (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sf4viewer/), I hope it may help.
Awesome! Hopefully someone updates it with SSF4 support.
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

piecemontee wrote:Hi, I cannot update SF4 viewer but I released the sources (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sf4viewer/), I hope it may help.
EDIT: Nevermind, finally found it. Thanks!

Hey piecemontee. I checked in the directory and only see the executables. I can't seem to find the source code to anything. Am I just stupid and not looking in the right place or did I misunderstand what you meant by sources? (I did find some of the EMA code in one of the zips).

Thanks!
piecemontee
advanced

Post by piecemontee »

Could not help trying stuff, my wife will kill me :scaredy:
Made some progess on Big Endian handling.

Guys, we cannot magically reverse the whole file endianness like I read on some posts!

I have to process field by field to check alignment :some field where not the size I thought, reversing the endianness messes up a lot of values!
we often have data like 20 00 00 00 and we thought it was a 2 byte offset (20 00 ) and another 2 bytes value always 00 00
WRONG! when reading a console file we find 00 00 00 20 so we put 00 00 in the offset and 20 00 in the dummy value :? ... a lot of adjustment are needed.
At least fields we'll be known for sure when done / finished

Furthermore faces indices management looks different from PC version but it may be endianness again.

And I skip the C++ programming tweaks to handle structures (I did not read field by field but struct as a whole) and both little endian and big endian in the same code!

But the harder the better we feel when it works :roll:

https://sourceforge.net/project/screens ... sid=135251
P.S. does the term "endianness" really exist ? EDIT: ah, yes it does (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness)

EDIT2: links updated
Last edited by piecemontee on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Thank you :mrgreen: But when i open your URL on sourceforge i get error:
There was an error processing your request ...
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
piecemontee
advanced

Post by piecemontee »

VICTORY!
(may only satisfy myself though.... sorry :bleh: )

Console files triangles are not stripped!

If did not find the flag location yet (although there is a suspect field going from 0 to 1 ...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

piecemontee wrote:VICTORY!
(may only satisfy myself though.... sorry :bleh: )

Console files triangles are not stripped!

If did not find the flag location yet (although there is a suspect field going from 0 to 1 ...)
Lol, When are you going to release the viewer with ssf4 support??
piecemontee
advanced

Post by piecemontee »

Darko wrote:Lol, When are you going to release the viewer with ssf4 support??
now!, head over http://sf4viewer.sourceforge.net/
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

When I try to open a model I get invalid 3dcall.