Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Devil May Cry 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Herdell
veteran

Re: [PC] Devil May Cry 4

Post by Herdell »

Admin edit: tool was shared without permission. Removed by request. Don't do it again.

This is the tool to Extract and Repack (with compression) the .ARC files of Devil May Cry 4.
See the "how to use" inside the .rar to guide you.

Enjoy
gics
n00b

Post by gics »

Surveyor wrote:Hi!!
I messed with animations a little and I've been able to play gameplay anims, the demo scenes still act weird...
The pic below shows nero playing a guitar and comitting suicide, I'll post the program soon.
Great work man...
I can't wait that program. :keke:
Xenior
ultra-n00b

Post by Xenior »

How can I edit the model? I use Noesis ,but I don't know how to save...
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

Wow, just found out that MHF Benchmark uses this format as well. Then posting a new thread and googling two minutes afterwards I stumble upon this one - I love this place :mrgreen:
Keep it up, cannot wait :D
omni
n00b

Post by omni »

@Herdell: Did that tool come from the DMC4 translation project? Anyway, thanks, I can think of a few uses for it.
@eycaramba: MHF's format is not the same, we've been able to extract dmc 4 .arcs for ages. I wish we could extract MHF's too though...
Devil May Cry modding community: http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/index/
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

I said MHF BENCHMARK :wink:
But yeah... I wonder why they use this strange, multi-containered pac format. At least the textures are easily extracted :O
But I want to know what is it about the content of the JKR archives >_>
omni
n00b

Post by omni »

I said MHF BENCHMARK
You're gonna tell me now that they use different formats in the benchmark? Don't think so.
Rygdea
n00b

Post by Rygdea »

Hey, nice work everyone, but I got a question, does the "normal" Dante model always have the top of his Devil trigger there?

http://i37.tinypic.com/x5oayp.jpg

I get this in both em_dante.arc and uPlayerDante.arc

I didn't have this problem with Nero (In fact his devil trigger had a separate folder.)

Would I need to remove it myself from the Main Body with a 3D editing program myself since it looks like the original body is there. (Minus the cape and head, which are seperate) or is there a Model in game that doesn't include it?

If it matters I'm not using the Demo, but the actual game (Steam version). Thanks for any help.
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

omni wrote:You're gonna tell me now that they use different formats in the benchmark? Don't think so.
Well, then tell me how I got this nice T-Posed Berukyulos? (plus it's MHF PAC file is strange encrypted)
Rygdea
n00b

Post by Rygdea »

1. After installation all files you need are in
root/nativePC/rom

2. To decompress .arc files using a script for QuickBMS
http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/dmc4.bms

3. Model files and textures after unpacking you can find in the model (model/demo) folder

4. Each type of model (characters/enemy/weapon) corresponds to its origin folder names, for example

em001, where em - mark enemies, 001 - serial number

pl000, where pl - characters/players, 000 - serial number

wp005, where wp - weapons, 005 - serial number

5. On default all files are without extension, it can be corrected by Dmc4Extract tool (though I have detected a virus in it, but it work fine, or you can rename each file manually). It must be copied into a folder, for example in em001 and run. Dmc4Extract will automatically rename all files in current folder by it headers.

5. Model format .mod and the texture format .tex opened and converted by Noesis
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads
I did this and it works fine for the model, but the textures seem to fail to import in 3DS Max

If I try to add them myself after though there is no UV Mapping. :eek:

If I try another method trough Mod2Max the Model gets all "Blocky" (I don't know the word for this)

Any Help at all?
Herdell wrote:This is the tool to Extract and Repack (with compression) the .ARC files of Devil May Cry 4.
See the "how to use" inside the .rar to guide you.

Enjoy
I tried this, but it crashes on the first file it tries to extract.
omni
n00b

Post by omni »

@eycaramba: So they DO use different formats? Funny.
Anyway, when i said this: "MHF's format is not the same, we've been able to extract dmc 4 .arcs for ages."
I meant the benchmark XD

@Rygdea: Yeah, that DMC 4 unpacker/repacker doesn't unpack at all. It seems to repack fine though.
Jodan
n00b

Post by Jodan »

I would like to replace dmc4 and re5 models with different models; is there a tool or plugin to export a file in max into a *.mod? The goal here is the rig a new model on top of the games default bones and export it out to be used in game.

I also have a question about importing a smd file, I had made in max (with export)... I can export the file fine, but if I import the smd (with the mesh, bones import without any issues), I get a "Error: Unparsable node data (line 3)." Any ideas as to what might be causing the problem with the mesh? Any ideas would be appreciated.
jenner
ultra-n00b

Post by jenner »

omni wrote:@Herdell: Did that tool come from the DMC4 translation project? Anyway, thanks, I can think of a few uses for it.
Yes, it came from GameVicio (http://www.gamevicio.com.br) brazilian portuguese translation and the user is sharing my tool without permission.
omni
n00b

Post by omni »

I'm sure he'll be sorry once he sees your post but, since it's done already, how about giving us permission to share it? Who knows, someone might put it to good use eventually. And while you're at it you could post some general info about your tool.
jenner
ultra-n00b

Post by jenner »

omni wrote:I'm sure he'll be sorry once he sees your post but, since it's done already, how about giving us permission to share it? Who knows, someone might put it to good use eventually. And while you're at it you could post some general info about your tool.
He will not be sorry for sure, he did it because he was banned from our site. But this sad episode became a good oportunity to show one of our tools to translate games, this simple one was developed with NSIS (Nullsot Install System). All you have to do is put the tool in the same folder containing the arc file you want to mod.

- First option => The tool will create a new arc.gv file using the original one and the modified extracted files
- Second option => The tool wil extract all content from the arc file to a folder with the same name

The tool is instable sometimes and crash with many already modified files.