Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Ernegien »

Yeah I'm experiencing those same errors with no real solution as of yet. Maybe they are using the same tool to optimize their ingame models? I bet if you import that model into 3ds preserving its accompanying normals it will look alright though. It only looks messed up when modeling applications recalculate normals based on the lesser precision vertices. As for the newest version of Forza Studio, it can be found here viewtopic.php?p=40425#p40425
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Ernegien wrote:Yeah I'm experiencing those same errors with no real solution as of yet. Maybe they are using the same tool to optimize their ingame models? I bet if you import that model into 3ds preserving its accompanying normals it will look alright though. It only looks messed up when modeling applications recalculate normals based on the lesser precision vertices. As for the newest version of Forza Studio, it can be found here viewtopic.php?p=40425#p40425
ok, i got it:) thank you
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
acidfrehley
ultra-n00b

Post by acidfrehley »

I know that this thread is mostly dedicated to the extraction of the models and other components of Forza 3. But I didn't wanted to create a new topic just to place a simple question, so:

-Is there a way to import custom vinyls to the game? I thought of it like it can be done with the paint tool hacks on Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. Unfortunately I didn't managed to find where the saved vinyls are stored on the HD. I guess that they may be encrypted on the profile file.

So, has anyone tried this yet?
JVZBrowser
ultra-n00b

Post by JVZBrowser »

Hello guys im new in this Forum. I'm a 3d Modeler at the moment i'm working on a Mercedes-Benz E Class W212 2009. Now i saw that's possible to get 3d Models from Forza Motorsport. The W212 is available in "The Road&Track Car Pack". Now I'm asking you guys if somebody can give me the files. The High Poly and Mid-Poly one. I need the Model for comparisson for my W212. Because the Forza Model is scanned it is 100% perfect so yeah. Would be nice thx
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

JVZBrowser wrote:Forza Model is scanned
What do you mean? :?
JVZBrowser wrote:Forza Model ... it is 100% perfect
Don't be so shure :(
my blog | my forum
Veegie
advanced

Post by Veegie »

JVZBrowser wrote:Hello guys im new in this Forum. I'm a 3d Modeler at the moment i'm working on a Mercedes-Benz E Class W212 2009. Now i saw that's possible to get 3d Models from Forza Motorsport. The W212 is available in "The Road&Track Car Pack". Now I'm asking you guys if somebody can give me the files. The High Poly and Mid-Poly one. I need the Model for comparisson for my W212. Because the Forza Model is scanned it is 100% perfect so yeah. Would be nice thx
Do not request copyrighted content here.
Also, the models are not scanned.
The higher budget cars are laid out in-person for 3D topology and checked for measurements, but that is it.
This was only done on a select few cars where the interior was more important to get correct.
ibanezjem
n00b

Post by ibanezjem »

Tosyk wrote:
They took a fancy laser and scanning program, found the cars and scanned them. they were not modeled traditionally like most of us do.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

ibanezjem wrote:
Tosyk wrote:
They took a fancy laser and scanning program, found the cars and scanned them. they were not modeled traditionally like most of us do.
If so it explains messed up polygons :evil: but i hope it only my guess, and Ernegien can fix that issue :)
my blog | my forum
rafal345
n00b

Post by rafal345 »

How to see model files on DVD? Windows can't see X360 files on DVD.
Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby »

Either use "WXripper" and "Hot swap" the dvd to make an iso. Or find an iso from somewhere else.... Then open it in "wx360" (included with wxripper)

If you don't know what any of those things are, then you need to search for them ( on this site and google ). Extracting files from Xbox360 dvd's is a fairly generic question to ask. This thread is pretty much dealing with things that happen AFTER you have extracted the dvd. There are plenty of threads already around explaining how to rip from 360 disks.
Yes! i know that's what i said... But its not what i meant. ;)
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

rafal345 wrote:How to see model files on DVD? Windows can't see X360 files on DVD.
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,131.0.html
In russian, but with image :wink:
my blog | my forum
milky007
ultra-n00b

Post by milky007 »

first let me thank all of u that have make the Forza Studio come true :bravo: an awesome piece of software :)

may i ask one question, would it be possible (in the near future) that we can write back changes in the *.bin or *.carbin files?
that would may me very happy :angel:

i have (just for fun) done some changes in the coding at FM3 and it would be the icing of cake when it would be possible
Veegie
advanced

Post by Veegie »

ibanezjem wrote:
Tosyk wrote:
That is completely false.
There is a reason that there is nothing to back up that claim.
Many of the cars in the game aren't even accessible by the public.
Tosyk wrote:If so it explains messed up polygons :evil: but i hope it only my guess, and Ernegien can fix that issue :)
No it does not.
The fact that the quads are compressed into tris just like every other game engine is what explains the messed up geometry that is encountered in a program that cannot retain the written normals.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop facilitating it.
rafal345
n00b

Post by rafal345 »

You wrote that Forza models can't converted to .3ds because polygon limit of .3ds is abot 65k. Is it possible to break model to for example 3 parts, which can be in .3ds :?:
sorry for my english
Veegie
advanced

Post by Veegie »

rafal345 wrote:You wrote that Forza models can't converted to .3ds because polygon limit of .3ds is abot 65k. Is it possible to break model to for example 3 parts, which can be in .3ds :?:
sorry for my english
This was considered, but at this time .3ds isn't going to be supported.
That isn't to say that it isn't out of the question, it just isn't a priority.