Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

God of War 2 Kratos Model

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
CodeMan89
advanced

God of War 2 Kratos Model

Post by CodeMan89 »

I am trying to get the kratos model from God of War 2, but I don't know which file contains it (either the .wad files or the .vpk files). Second, I don't know a program to open either files. Any Help?
FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: God of War 2 Kratos Model

Post by FurryFan »

I don't have any files from GOW 2, so I can't be sure of that format so if you could upload so of the larger .WAD files from the disc that would be good. In the GOW 1 Hydra demo, I know that at least some models are in the WAD files, but I also think that WAD have compressed sections, and other files are compressed too. The models are either named MDL or MSH. MSH meshes seem to be small and used for some special effects. There are by far more MDL files which can also be used for special effects And regular models. I picked a large WAD file at random and it had the ship's model and a ship-full of barrels (no pun intended) labeled from barrel1 to barrel20 and some Hydra model, I'll post more info soon about it once I do some more exploring. I did manage to convert part of a hydra model, here's the teeth:
I accept ALL requests. Let me know your requests.
CodeMan89
advanced

Post by CodeMan89 »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
CodeMan89
advanced

Post by CodeMan89 »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
CodeMan89
advanced

Post by CodeMan89 »

FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by FurryFan »

Okay I have converted at least one of Kratos' models. The format is complex, but for me to get the 2bytesigned integer I pasted the model from the first vertex section to the last vertex of the last section, and used this find and replace command in Microsoft word:
?? ?? 3? 6E *8? 3? 6D

http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/ ... war2.blend
CodeMan89
advanced

Post by CodeMan89 »

OOPS!!

I truly apologize for this. I forgot to mention I use 3ds max. Can you upload the file in .fbx format, please?

Again I apologize.

PS Can I also get the textures to kratos?
FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by FurryFan »

CodeMan89 wrote:OOPS!!

I truly apologize for this. I forgot to mention I use 3ds max. Can you upload the file in .fbx format, please?

Again I apologize.

PS Can I also get the textures to kratos?
Easy Tiger! This model does not have UV coords. I can work on it, and GOW2 does use Bitmaps so that part should be easy.
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/ ... ofwar2.3ds
I don't know what fbx is but this is in fbx so 3ds max should be able to open it.
valvoga
advanced

Post by valvoga »

Have you textured kratos furry fan ?
FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by FurryFan »

valvoga wrote:Have you textured kratos furry fan ?
I can work on it this weekend along with headers. There is a list of all the materials (textures) that each model uses in each model's header.