Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Ernegien »

Yeah there's definitely a few things that still need to be ironed out but its getting there :)
Veegie
advanced

Post by Veegie »

SilviaKing
ultra-n00b

Post by SilviaKing »

Awesome render of Laguna Seca Veegie, please post a quick picture of fujimi kaido if you can its my fav track :) cheers
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Ernegien wrote:Progress :)

Awesome stuff. Hope to see a stable release soon!
pawlo922
beginner

Post by pawlo922 »

It looks awesome. I wait for it!
rafal345
n00b

Post by rafal345 »

Is it possible to extract models to other formats :?: I haven't got 3ds max.
Veegie
advanced

Post by Veegie »

.obj is the most widely accepted and used model format for almost every 3D application.
What file format are you looking to have, and what program are you using that cannot import obj?
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Wow, Forza Motorsports hacking has come a LONG way since I first did texture hacks in the saves on the Xbox 1. :)
NelsonC
ultra-n00b

Post by NelsonC »

Hello, first of all I want to thank you guys for all the hard work you putted in bringing up this tools. Now my questions... I´m converting the 99 civic si, from the dvd2, and I´m converting the interior, but it´s very highpoly, is there more LOD´s of the interior hidded in another location in the DVD´s? Or is just one interior for each car?
And I´m using OS seven ultimate 64bits, and I can´t run the forza studio, not even in compatibility mode, I´m only able to use it in a laptop with XP professional 32bits.
Here is the error, it says that the program has encountered and error and It goes to close :cry:

Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

NelsonC wrote:Hello, first of all I want to thank you guys for all the hard work you putted in bringing up this tools. Now my questions... I´m converting the 99 civic si, from the dvd2, and I´m converting the interior, but it´s very highpoly, is there more LOD´s of the interior hidded in another location in the DVD´s? Or is just one interior for each car?
And I´m using OS seven ultimate 64bits, and I can´t run the forza studio, not even in compatibility mode, I´m only able to use it in a laptop with XP professional 32bits.
Here is the error, it says that the program has encountered and error and It goes to close :cry:

If the lod0 interior isn't high enough poly for you I don't know what is :P There should be a few different interior versions starting with lod0-lod5. The individual cockpitlod0.carbin file is where the highest poly one is contained. As for the error you are encountering, I'm actually developing on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Is it by any chance using an asian language pack? The error thumbnail you've posted doesn't link to a higher quality image so I can't really see much of anything. It should of however dumped an error.txt file in the application directory if you would like to paste that as well...
NelsonC
ultra-n00b

Post by NelsonC »

No lol, I wanted a cockpit with less poligons, but I can´t find it, the only carbin file I could find with the cockpit is the hon_civicsi_99.carbin, wich is too much highpoly.
But talking about the error, no my OS system language is Portuguese, from Portugal. The error message I´ve ported, just says "the application stopped working", and I can´t find any *txt file in the Forza Studio directory :(
rafal345
n00b

Post by rafal345 »

Veegie wrote:.obj is the most widely accepted and used model format for almost every 3D application.
What file format are you looking to have, and what program are you using that cannot import obj?
When I export only "body" (which contains some smaller parts) and import it by Blender, it doesn't work. When I import it in MeshLab, it works, but when I export it to .3ds all parts are united and it has only one material. I thought about Zmodeler format, I know, it's not the best program, but it's free and very easy to use.
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

I'm fairly certain that my code properly groups things according to the obj specifications, and it may just be those applications not doing their job (or incorrect import/export settings)
Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby »

Ernegien wrote:I'm fairly certain that my code properly groups things according to the obj specifications, and it may just be those applications not doing their job (or incorrect import/export settings)
You would be correct with that diagnosis.. on export from forza studio the model is split into appropriate parts. rafal345 problem will be occurring during the export to 3ds. either the program he is using is limited ( in a bad way ) or he is not checking to make sure the " export as single object" has been UNchecked in the export settings. I know the export from FS is fine, coz ive been converting some of the cars myself :) and if they had been exporting as single objects i would never use them as its too fiddly to split afterwards. Also cant wait for the next version hopefully we will be able to play about with that track exporter /me Hopes...
Yes! i know that's what i said... But its not what i meant. ;)
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

Sorry for the delay, I had planned on releasing this sooner but things have been rather busy lately. Anyways, I spent a little time rewriting portions of the application and then breaking others. Currently, it is functional enough to render and export Forza 3 car and track objects. Tracks are looking pretty decent, but I haven't completely finished decoding the model structure in its entirety, so some pieces will look a bit incomplete until then. There's still lots to add and more cleanup to be done, but I figured it's about time for another stable release. I appreciate the patience and look forward to contine building out this tool. Any help would be much appreciated in the area of texture extraction/decoding since I am really at a disadvantage in that area and with the 360 in general :P Also, I am quite aware that this doesn't play very nice in some non-english operating systems. It really isn't a huge concern for me at the moment but is definitely something I plan to look more into as things progress. Enjoy :)

Forza Studio (7.9.10)