Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
valvoga
advanced

Re: [Request] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post by valvoga »

Wow that is awesome thanks for all of your hard work falo
Falo
advanced

Post by Falo »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

I've tested the obj converter...there is no geometry at all. I have tried 702.pmo and 396.pmo, and there is no geometry in either of them.

I read in the readme about formats with bones, I think MrAdults has a documentation of collada .dae files on his website somewhere if you want to try that?
fadedsoulz
n00b

Post by fadedsoulz »

Which .dat are the maps/worlds stored in?
fadedsoulz
n00b

Post by fadedsoulz »

for some reason, i can't get any .pmo files out of BBS2.dat, it only gives me 2 folders. For the rest, 0,1,3, it works fine.
Falo
advanced

Post by Falo »

fadedsoulz wrote:Which .dat are the maps/worlds stored in?
all Maps are in BBS2.dat, world models have a wm in it's name
fadedsoulz wrote:for some reason, i can't get any .pmo files out of BBS2.dat, it only gives me 2 folders. For the rest, 0,1,3, it works fine.
it will not work with BBS2.dat, all PMO's there don't have bones and most of them have shared textures -> crash the script
fadedsoulz
n00b

Post by fadedsoulz »

Is there any way to extract the files in BBS2.dat?
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Just thought i'd say this:

These models are not to be ported to another game. You know who you are, and whoever spilled the beans and told you, is in some pile of trouble when i find out who they are.

They are not meant to be used like that, and if you persist, I may have to get this thread removed.

Understood? Good.

Any progress Falo? :P
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Falo, you wrapped the tm2 files around Aqua, Vanitas, and others in just the right way. When I exported the files and reintegrated them with 3D Studio Max and other 3D programs, I found that in some of them, the eye and mouth textures came out all weird. How do I fix the eyes and mouth, and more importantly, how do I use bones.txt to make the models poseable?
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
philip92dk
advanced

Post by philip92dk »

i need a tutorial on how to extract the files in BBS.dat can somone help me? :)
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I had trouble extracting the _793_.pmo file. Apparently, there are so many textures, it crashes before extracting any more than a few broken tm2 files. Also, I don't know how to implement the bones.txt files on the 3D models. In addition, many of the textures for the faces and mouths do not wrap correctly on some of the models. Is there anyone who can remedy any of those problems?
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

valvoga wrote:For tim2, file we can convert tim2 file to png using MrAdults amazing tools "mesh2rdm"
Here is the link :
http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php ... rdmv45.zip
To use it just make a new notepad type "mesh2rdm file.tm2 outfile.png" in the notepad,then rename .txt with .bat then press enter on the bat file
I've tried this with little luck. I have had "mesh2rdm file.tm2 outfile.png" without quotes in the .bat and it seems to do nothing. I try changing file to the actual file name and it still doesn't seem to do anything. I have mesh2rdm and the .bat and the .tm2 in the same folder. Why isn't it working?

---

Also I tried dragging and dropping a .pmo onto kh_pmo.exe and this is all I get:

As you can see it does say it dumped them but I don't see anything in the folder with the .pmo and kh_pmo.exe so is it dumping it somewhere else or is it just not working correctly for some reason? It closes immediately after flashing onto the screen I had to do some clever print screening to see what it said.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to start learning and assisting with this.

Edit: Good news! I figured out that kh_pmo.exe was extracting the models just as it said it was. It was just dumping them in my "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\" folder instead. Kind of an odd place but as long as I can find them I'm happy.

As for the .tm2 problems I never did figure out how to do it with mesh2rdm but then I found Noesis! It was able to export them to .png and .tga with ease.

So now I have been able to produce this:

Looks a whole lot like Ventus to me! 8D He's got some uv issues with his face and some parts of his arm and other random areas don't seem to have a UV map at all. But it's definite progress for me thanks to all you who have contributed tools.

I have him set to unshaded though because I had to make him display both the front and back faces because half of them are flipped. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the normals or what but it's an issue I'd love to be able to solve. Thanks for what you've done so far. Any news of more developments would be great.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Alright well I'm making progress. I've been able to rip and animate Aqua for artistic purposes (such as my avatar).

But things aren't perfect. The models have the entire mesh/geometry but it appears as if every other face is reversed. So they are still there but can only be seen through the opposite side or from inside the model. They look like this:

But if the right settings are applied it is possible to make the model look more natural. What I've been doing is making the faces "two-sided" or telling the program to "draw backfaces". Essentially meaning that I cause the program to show the reversed face just as if it were facing forward like it should be. Though these edges appear darker and still make the model look bad so I just disable lighting on the model. One such method of that is making the material layer for the texture emmisive so there are no shadows on it.

With the correct settings applied the model looks like this:

And now the model appears more natural. I can proceed to bone, animate, pose it etc. But I must admit this is more a work around than a perfect fix. I would love it if anyone can suggest to me anything to fix this problem. Doing this manually is an option but 1000-3000 individual triangles to do it to is quite tedious.

This may also have to do with the normals. Does anyone have any suggestions? As you can see by my avatar I can get them to look just fine but like I said it's a work around and not an actual solution to the real problem.

Any ideas how to fix this better or would it just be best to wait for Falo to release an updated version of his converter?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I don't know how to implement the bones.txt files on the 3D models. Have you been able to get them to work?