Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Trojan in MultiEX?

Problems getting MultiEx Commander or other related programs to run? This is where you post.
Rahly
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: Trojan in MultiEX?

Post by Rahly »

Have you tried ClamAV?
"By nature men are alike. Through practice they have become far apart." Confucius (Analect 17:2)
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
Mikemc
ultra-n00b

Post by Mikemc »

I just downloaded MultiEx Commander 4.3.1 from blog/?attachment_id=72 and Norton 2010 says that it contained "Trojan.ADH".

http://www.symantec.com/security_respon ... 99&tabid=2
"...If one or more files on your computer have been classified as having a Trojan.ADH threat, this indicates that the files have suspicious characteristics and therefore might contain a new or unknown threat. However, given the sensitive nature of this detection technology, it may occasionally identify non-malicious, legitimate software programs that also share these behavioral characteristics..."

Now, I have been reading in this thread about how there are still problems with Anti-V and their detection methods, however Norton says that it 'cleaned' the file. So now I am curious what piece of code has been erased from the file which Norton thought was malicious?

And I have also wondered from time to time, if a file is encrypted, how can an anti-v go in and still remove code? What is the purpose of encrypting your files if anyone can still access them?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

That would be Jaeder Naub that has been deleted. In version 4.3.1 or earlier that is.