Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 2010 *.pac and *.arc files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Hive
ultra-n00b

Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 2010 *.pac and *.arc files

Post by Hive »

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a way to re-compress the *.pac files used in SvR 2010? There are tools to decompress them, but no tools that I know of at this time that can re-compress them again... and since I'm no good with hex editing, it means that I cannot insert anything into the pacs.

Also, if anyone knows of a working extractor and/or recompiler for the *.arc files from the same game (neither U8Mii nor UltimateU8 seems to work), that would be awesome as well.
FatalArms
advanced

Re: Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 2010 *.pac and *.arc files

Post by FatalArms »

*bump*

I'd love to have a tool like this as well.

(that's what he said?)
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 2010 *.pac and *.arc files

Post by plodtrew »

I've written an application which does this for you. It works with the ps2,wii and xbox 360 pac files. I've also posted tutorials. Check out my site for more info: http://sf4mods.blogspot.com. There is no need to recompress the bpe files, the game can read uncompressed data.

You havent specified which system thi is for. For the ps2, nikethebike has released a tool which edits your arc files for you. For the xbox, hex editing is the only way to go.