Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Stuntman PS2 .IMG

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Stuntman PS2 .IMG

Post by OrangeC »

Hi guys seem to have a cut from areally big archive of all the games data for this game. help please? ;) bms script?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SQ3Z2JO0

thanks.
GenericRipper
advanced

Re: Stuntman PS2 .IMG

Post by GenericRipper »

You may use this unpacker on IMG but music you get is PS2 PCM audio with hard-to-figure-out interleave. The main problem is that all these XAV music files sound with some strange echo with any interleave value applied...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

yes i have looked at the music and cannot figure anything out.
gamehead
advanced

Post by gamehead »

Hi I am trying to open this archive file using this program. I don't know if I am doing it right but I figured since driver 3 had an .IMG archive I thought I would try it with this prog. when I try it it seems to work and it even makes a new folder for the extracted files but that is as far as it gets. I get this error message.Image
Here is what I'm trying to do using this program.
what am I doing wrong? is this program made only for stuntman or can it be used in Driver 3. I even tried copying the img file to my hard drive and I got the same result and choosing yes or no to overwrite LNN file yielded the same results. the NTSC or PAL shouldnt matter b/c that is just the video but the files were the same other than them being spoken in a different language (Mercs Playground of destruction) Please help thanks. :?:
GenericRipper
advanced

Post by GenericRipper »

This program was created especially for Stuntman so that even its creator cannot guarantee its compatibility with other games. These IMG archives seem to be extremely rare and each game with an IMG archive can use its own special format of it. As for myself I`ve never seen such archives anywhere else rather than in Stuntman. And am I understanding you correctly? You mounted an image of the game Driver 3 and found another one instead of your typical folder structure?
gamehead
advanced

Post by gamehead »

GenericRipper wrote:This program was created especially for Stuntman so that even its creator cannot guarantee its compatibility with other games. These IMG archives seem to be extremely rare and each game with an IMG archive can use its own special format of it. As for myself I`ve never seen such archives anywhere else rather than in Stuntman. And am I understanding you correctly? You mounted an image of the game Driver 3 and found another one instead of your typical folder structure?
Yes Well I figured that it's by the same company (Atari/Reflections) I thought it shouldnt matter seeing its an .IMG file. I will try it with stuntman. do you think that if I rename driver3.img to stuntman.img if it will work or not? how exactly do these .img files in driver 3 and stuntman work, any idea? I have tried other game archive tools like multiex commander and game extractor and both have failed. and do you think it would ber possible to make a similar program for driver 3?
Thanks.
360AMC
advanced

Post by 360AMC »

Sorry for the GIGANTIC bump. :(
Would anyone know a way to extract the XAV audio files? MFAudio?
Also, what about the .VAN model files?