Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Veegie
advanced

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Veegie »

Yes: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q ... cda37c2de9
Wheel size, in. 18 x 8.5/18 x 13.0
Wheel type/material Cast magnesium
Tire size, f/r 245/35ZR18/335/30ZR18

That took maybe 9 seconds.
matt55
beginner

Post by matt55 »

Thanks for reply but I see I must resize front tyres because the looks the same like rear.
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

matt55 wrote:Hi all!
I ve got question: Is there any way to get orginal proporties of wheels you know size of tyres, width etc.. because in game is only one wheel sometimes front and sometimes rear. In game the wheels are cloned from one to four and they are different to each other, esspecially Ferrari's F50GT front tyres are smaller than rear. pls help me if You can.
That is impossible.
The data of the wheels are not stored in the carbin files.
They are stored in xml data like the maxdata.xml and or carattribs.xml.
So there is no solution or a way to get all the four wheels in the rights positions.
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

It is most definitely possible. The best way would probably be for me to write a small utility to compile an intermediate file containing all of the different kinds of miscellaneous car information and distribute that with my application. Unfortunately, this really isn't too big of a concern for me at the moment, but I may do something of the sort later down the road...
ALYX
advanced

Post by ALYX »

It is most definitely possible. The best way would probably be for me to write a small utility to compile an intermediate file containing all of the different kinds of miscellaneous car information and distribute that with my application. Unfortunately, this really isn't too big of a concern for me at the moment, but I may do something of the sort later down the road...
It would be great if you put this small utility to into forza studio.
Veegie
advanced

Post by Veegie »

Yes Alyx, as he already said it would be possible and is planned, it is just not a priority currently.
matt55
beginner

Post by matt55 »

Great to hear that! It will be really helpful for me and rest modders. Thanks Ernegien!
dave
ultra-n00b

Post by dave »

Have been following the discussion with great interest however there is one set of carbin files that are not opening in forza studio,quite probably they are not 3d models but they are contained in the .carbin ,these are in the Livery.zip on disc 1.quickbms extracts these without any errors but an error log is created with forza each time u try to open them.
Folders within the livery.zip are decals and vinyls.If any get some time and want to take a look at them the original Livery.zip is here,u need to open with quick bms,
http://i9nx3u.1fichier.com/en/Livery.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

Yeah I've noticed that as well and just haven't cared to map out any of the livery structure yet. Honestly I don't really have any interest in doing so at the moment and I don't know that I ever will unfortunately. If someone can help me out with the 360 texture formats used in this game and give me some working knowledge of their decompression and deswizzling, I will definitely have another look though. I contacted shadowmoy a while back but he really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, and I'm not one to bother people for information...
ibanezjem
n00b

Post by ibanezjem »

I hate to sound noobish and i don't really want to start another topic. Can somebody rip and send me 2 cars and their textures please? the 2010 dodge challenger srt and 2010 chevy camaro ss. I've updated my .net framewort but still get the ""Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0"" error.

Thanks
matt55
beginner

Post by matt55 »

you need install XNA Framework.
ibanezjem
n00b

Post by ibanezjem »

ok thanks i got that now i'm getting this error.

System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, DeviceType deviceType, IntPtr renderWindowHandle, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.CreateDevice() in C:\Development\C# .NET\Forza Studio\ForzaStudioForm.cs:line 720
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.MainLoop() in C:\Development\C# .NET\Forza Studio\ForzaStudioForm.cs:line 661
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.Form1_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Development\C# .NET\Forza Studio\ForzaStudioForm.cs:line 68
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

Looks like you may have an older graphics card? The rendering code is pretty basic and I haven't cared enough to account for different situations where certain features aren't supported...
rafal345
n00b

Post by rafal345 »

Download Microsoft XNA Framework 3.1 - at my problem - probably the same, it worked!
Edit - if you're installing xna, remember, it must be 3.1!
ibanezjem
n00b

Post by ibanezjem »

Ernegien wrote:Looks like you may have an older graphics card? The rendering code is pretty basic and I haven't cared enough to account for different situations where certain features aren't supported...
unfortunately yes i have an older computer and components :[

EDIT june 23rd
i got it working, i can't see the model but i can import the carbin and export the obj..... now to get the iso from my buddy's computer, mine won't rip it.