Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Tekken 6

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
epopoe
advanced

Re: Tekken 6

Post by epopoe »

alvincx
n00b

Post by alvincx »

i'm kind of confused.. what are the codes for? how do i use them?
d2rnattakorn
beginner

Post by d2rnattakorn »

I am confused too, I look through the code and it seem that it have talk about texture info, bone info and some model data. I first though that it is a MAX Script, but dose't seem to work.

so i am wondering what the code for and how to use it thank.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

It's source code for soul calibur, i think.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
alvincx
n00b

Post by alvincx »

thanks MrAdults for the BIN extractor, so i did manage to extract a bin file and get NMDs, what's the next step to view the models??
3djungle
ultra-n00b

Post by 3djungle »

hello. What tool can open .nmd file
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

MrAdults wrote:This handles nmd files.

http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads
OMG :eek: , It's great news. You're like Moses who parted the waters :wink:

p.s.: But, ninja gaiden 2 models still without weight data :ninja:
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
ALYX
advanced

Post by ALYX »

A big Thanks to you.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Haha, that's a little disturbing. Well, not all of the models have those expected chunks to reference a global texture index, and they will just default to "texture 0" if the data can't be found in either a global or local reference chunk. There are probably still other chunks to parse that data out, as that material chunk data is still fairly unknown. Or maybe some of them have external material reference maps or something? No idea really.
alvincx
n00b

Post by alvincx »

it's kinda annoying when i try to move a bone, the mesh just gets deformed, i'm using 3ds max 2010 by the way..i'm new in this kind of thing anyway

thanks for the tools! you're a hero MrAdults, cheers
epopoe
advanced

Post by epopoe »

MrAdults , It's an amazing tool.

Could you addon obj + mtl export? (It's only obj without mtl, yet)or Could you ur source code in purblic?

It´s no doubt about Great tool. but I have some problem with inconvenience UI.

ex. I was used it export to fate unlimited models, and I had each order to convert tga, every tm2 files one by one. I feel in heavy labor.

until now my work reporting with appreciation to you, allow use it.

ps. Your tool have like a bug, make (./) invisible folders in process creat folder.

Again, thank you.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

alvincx wrote:it's kinda annoying when i try to move a bone, the mesh just gets deformed, i'm using 3ds max 2010 by the way..i'm new in this kind of thing anyway
That's just the way the data is - many bones are flattened in the hierarchy. This results in faster transforms at runtime, and animation matrices are adjusted to compensate for it. It makes perfect sense to flatten your skeleton when you aren't doing any kind of runtime IK-type solutions on the bone hierarchy, as it represents only a performance win. The data for the original unflattened skeleton is likely lost in Namco's own export process and only they have the source data. This is the case with lots of games these days, so it's a good thing for you to be aware of for future reference.
epopoe wrote:Could you addon obj + mtl export? (It's only obj without mtl, yet)or Could you ur source code in purblic?
Why not just use COLLADA/SMD/etc? obj export is mostly an afterthought. :)
epopoe wrote:ex. I was used it export to fate unlimited models, and I had each order to convert tga, every tm2 files one by one. I feel in heavy labor.
That's because there is no native support for Fate's texture containers, as has been discussed in the Fate thread.
epopoe wrote:ps. Your tool have like a bug, make (./) invisible folders in process creat folder.
./ or .\ in a Windows path simply means "this directory", and it's 100% benign in a path string. It's impossible for a folder named ./ to exist. :) (unless you're using some WINE variant and its path implementation is broken, but I've never heard of that happening)

Also, please put posts like this, that are more oriented toward the tool than the game (Tekken 6 in this case), in the tool thread, instead of cluttering game-specific threads with not-really-pertinent stuff.
d2rnattakorn
beginner

Post by d2rnattakorn »

Hi everyone and thank you MrAdults.

I have just one Question, I try to Extract .bin model from data313 to data320 but its dosn't seem to work.

However, the data301 to data312 is working OK for me and I can view the model.

with data313 to data320, when I try using xbdecompress on it, xbdecompress said that there is not been compress.
and when I using MrAdults tool to Extract, I only get 5 or 6 raw files, no model file.
I am wondering that is this normal for those Bin files. because I am missing another half of the characters

Thank you