Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Painkiller Cheats on all difficulty levels

Got a comment, question or silly remark that doesn't fit any of the other MultiEx fora? This is the place to post 'em.
fleabay
n00b

Post by fleabay »

There will be an installer to keep everyone from needing to worry about the details.
Wizzy
beginner

Post by Wizzy »

Ha ha ha.
Do you even know where you are ?
Well, the entire point of this thread - this very website, is " the details"
This isn't an " I have it, you can download it " setting, but rather one intended to examine the details down to the last .
Such an approach runs counter to the very idea of modding, unless you release the file in a format which can be easily unpacked and examined in-depth.
And frankly, I fail to see the point of releasing it in a self-installing manner, at least for the users you will encounter here.
Unless, of course, you release it in 2 fashions : self-installing for those who don't want to pick things apart and examine them, and as script files for those of us who do.
But I think the one most pervasive question remaining is this :
Is the manner in which such modified files are made available by you going to have any real influence on whether they actually do anything or not ?
If you say yes to this, then that is utter proof that there is something you have left out insofar as what is required to make the information you HAVE posted actually work.
This would be sufficient proof that your installer would carry out tasks which you have not revealed need be carried out in order to make your mod work when attempting ( as I have ) to get it to work by manually placing files.
I have, after all, employed every bit of information you have been forthcoming with in an effort to get your "mod" to work, yet to no avail.
This suggests to me, since I am utterly confident that I am not an idiot, that there are simply some details you have elected to not disclose.
This is your right, of course, as no-one can force you to be forthcoming in this matter.
But frankly, it does strike me that, at least in forums such as these, you are simply in the wrong place to be exercising such self-aggrandizing tactics.
This is a setting in which the members are here to share information.
So either elect to become a sincere part of this open-source motivated environment, or ( I am sure ) soon find yourself completely ignored.
Frankly, as I have utterly no faith whatsoever in the possibility that you will be forthcoming ( i think you have selfishness and control issues ), I am simply ignoring you from this point forward, and will attempt to go on working out the details alone, unless someone else should come along who wishes to join in the process.
Wizzy
beginner

Post by Wizzy »

Follow-up :
I apologize to fleabay, and to all who have read my "outbursts"
It would seem that I jumped the gun.
Of course, had fleabay ( being the author of said mod ) bothered to ask me if I was using the version it was meant to work with, this might not have gone on so long.
The entire time, he was aware that there was another file he had altered ( loader.lua ) which was ALSO required to make it work with v 1.15.
So, in my defense, my anger / dismissal of him was such that I believed it warranted.
It has all been an unfortunate failure to communicate needed facts on his part and a failure on my part to find out on my own what I needed to know in order to see that his stuff does indeed work as he says.
All I had previously had to go on was his assertion that it would work with either ver, 1.0 or 1.15.
In the post in which he stated that, he made no reference to the fact that the only way his file local.lua would work with v 1.15 was if you additionally downloaded and placed an amended version of loader.lua.
Had I known this, there would have been no need for this apology.
Nonetheless, it is upon me to apologize for my posts.
fleabay
n00b

Post by fleabay »

You were being insulting long before you implied having trouble with the powermad script. I was trying to help you change the original scripts and you were insulting even then. I had ideas on what your problem was but didn't care to help you after the insults.

I know its flustrating getting things to work sometimes. I had had my fair share of 'It works, must be you' comments. I am more than willing to help people that appriciate it. Had you asked to start with, I would have spent days on helping you.
Wizzy
beginner

Post by Wizzy »

Well, I've said I apologize.
Over at the dreamcatcher forums as well.
And I still don't get this one, as now that everything else works, this still falls dead :
fleabay wrote:Care to try this one?

function Console:Cmd_PKTRAUMA()
PMENU.EnableItem("Trauma")
PMENU.SetItemDesc("Trauma", TXT.MenuDesc.Trauma)
end
Not that I particularly need it, as it would seem that is is designed simply to enable trauma mode - the only reason I bring it up is because if it can be made to work then I'm one of those who has to know how.
And, as I also stated at the dremcatcher forums, nice work.
It is appreciated and I enjoyed it alot, especially the no clip function, as I am starting to have serious doubts as to this whole PK Jumping thing ( It is starting to strike me that PK jumping isn't something that can be done in a single player game, as I have beat my hardware to death in an effort to execute one and get no more height than from a standard jump )
Looks like it's time to find out where the settings are for standard jump height and make the default a somewhat higher value.
I had also attempted to increase default movement speed but it didn't work.
Anyway, I visited your site and dl'd everything.