Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

UbiSoft Audio Stream Decoder

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: UbiSoft Audio Stream Decoder

Post by AlphaTwentyThree »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
prysm
n00b

Post by prysm »

Hello, guys.

During the extraction of some layers from STREAM.SS0 (SC: Double Agent) i receive an error:

Can anybody tell me - where is the problem? In Stream file or in decoder?

Thanks in advance!
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

prysm wrote:Can anybody tell me - where is the problem? In Stream file or in decoder?
Most likely the decoder. You're just going to have to try decoding different combinations of segments, as I'm not sure what's wrong.
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.
wuixntx
beginner

Post by wuixntx »

Zench wrote:
prysm wrote:Can anybody tell me - where is the problem? In Stream file or in decoder?
Most likely the decoder. You're just going to have to try decoding different combinations of segments, as I'm not sure what's wrong.

I've tried to unpack resources from Splinter Cell 1(not Pandora Tomorrow, chaos theor....).

DecUbiSndGui-0.63 can process
Music_Birmanie.SS0
Music_Common.SS0
Music_Georgie.SS0
Music_Usa.SS0

DecUbiSndGui-0.63 Can't extract "STREAM.SS0" sound files.
Most unpacked files have noisy and extened(?) sound(may be warping.......).

How can I extract this?
STREAM.SS0 ?
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Try to open it with MFAudio, it could be RAW PCM. Many Ubisoft games use a combination of their own codec and PCM, so it's likely that it's also the case with Splinter Cell.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
wuixntx
beginner

Post by wuixntx »

AlphaTwentyThree wrote:Try to open it with MFAudio, it could be RAW PCM. Many Ubisoft games use a combination of their own codec and PCM, so it's likely that it's also the case with Splinter Cell.

MFAudio is a UBI utility for Playstation2.
Is this tools able to decompress a splinter Cell 1 of PC version?
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

wuixntx wrote:
AlphaTwentyThree wrote:Try to open it with MFAudio, it could be RAW PCM. Many Ubisoft games use a combination of their own codec and PCM, so it's likely that it's also the case with Splinter Cell.
MFAudio is a UBI utility for Playstation2.
Is this tools able to decompress a splinter Cell 1 of PC version?
MFAudio isn't only for PS2 and it's not a Ubi Utility. It just has some formats implemented and can transcode between them. Thus it can also decode any of these formats.
Savage
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Savage »

Im trying to make a list of the tracks inside the file menu.pk (from latest Splinter cell), and using the command line tool, but the tool it's bit.."strange"..

I want make a list, rigth? i do:
DecUbiSnd.exe menu.pk -n
According to the readme the parameter "-n" it's
-n, --info Output information about the file
But i get
Output file not specified
:?:
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

To list all of the tracks in a particular file, use the -S switch instead of the -n one.

All -n does is output some (usually useless) information about whatever it's currently decoding. Thus an output file would need to be specified. Although, I don't really like that the way it works now, but I haven't gotten around to changing it.
prysm
n00b

Post by prysm »

Zench wrote:
Ok, i'll try. Thanks man!
iservealot
ultra-n00b

Post by iservealot »

Really Really Really love your tool. Can't thank you enough for developing this. I was looking at some of the Splinter Cell games attempting to figure out how to extract OGG Vorbis information out of it.

I sent you a PM with a question about possibly creating new .sso data. Wanted to see if you had any ideas about Splinter Cell (and other Unreal powered Ubisoft games) work in conjunction with .sso sound files. The actual .uax Unreal sound file seems to just contain the name headers of sounds for that package, but I would imagine that it is somehow pointing the game to look at .sso data for actual sound content?

Could you shine some light on this for me?

Thanks!!
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

About the prince of persia for Wii the program wont recognise the smaller spk files.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWS09NK7
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

iservealot wrote:Really Really Really love your tool. Can't thank you enough for developing this. I was looking at some of the Splinter Cell games attempting to figure out how to extract OGG Vorbis information out of it.
I'm glad you found it useful :D

Alright, this is what I know about how the Splinter Cell games interact with the actual sounds. From the original game to Double Agent the offsets/sizes and in some cases filenames are stored in .SM0 or .LM0 files, which also store sounds (that weren't meant to be streamed). Conviction uses something different that I haven't really looked at.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that each sound (as specified in the .SM0/.LM0 file) has a resource ID that is referred to by a (possibly more than one) .UAX file. You can open these .UAX files in Game Extractor to get the contents. I'm not exactly sure what it's used for. It's been a while since I've looked at these files, which aren't as important as the .SM0/.LM0 files.

So your best bet in replacing sounds in the original through Double Agent would be to edit the MAPS.SM0 file for sounds and MAPS.LM0 for voices. Actually if you didn't change the length of the sound, you wouldn't even need to do that. Simply replace the data in the .SS0 file. I should mention that each game is a little bit different when it comes to audio, so creating a general sort of repacker would be harder than creating one for a particular game.

At the bottom I've attached something that might help you. It is an encoder for the sort of ADPCM that UbiSoft uses in the Splinter Cell series and some other games. Usage should be self explanatory.
OrangeC wrote:About the prince of persia for Wii the program wont recognise the smaller spk files.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWS09NK7
:mrgreen:

I should have seen this coming. It's a big-endian version of new interleaved format. I'll add it shortly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

sweet thanks zench. ;)
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

Updated at the original post. 8)