Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

FF 13 3D models ripping possible ...

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Rikto
n00b

Re: FF 13 3D models ripping possible ...

Post by Rikto »

For the models I only needed the first disc. Don't know about the movies.
swordzero
ultra-n00b

Post by swordzero »

Thanks, though I was actually asking is if the first disc has ALL the models for example does the first disc have the model for the final boss?
And about the movies I was asking if they are extractable, I figured they'll be across different discs.
Thanks in advance.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

swordzero wrote:Thanks, though I was actually asking is if the first disc has ALL the models for example does the first disc have the model for the final boss?
And about the movies I was asking if they are extractable, I figured they'll be across different discs.
Thanks in advance.
Considering the game is split across 3 discs, and the final boss wont appear until the final disc (3) then im to assume that the 1st disc only contains things you should/can MEET/VIEW within the gameplay of disc one.

Thus no, the final boss is unlikely to be on disc one.

Saying that though, some games do put everything on each disc within an encrypted folder/file, and then ONLY call on what they need.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Hi, Can somebody summarize everything and tell me how I can convert 3D models and textures from. imgb and. trb files. I have a version of ff13 for xbox306?
I read the whole topic, but none of the tools did not help me :?

ps: is there a possibility at the moment to convert 3D models with bones/skin?
Rikto wrote:First find a tool called mesh2rdm. You can just google it, it's pretty easy to find.

Then put the mesh2rdm.exe in the same folder with the trb and imgb file. Create a bat file with something like this in it:
"mesh2rdm input-file-name.trb output-file-name.dae -daeout" After you run that you will get a .dae file and a bunch of .dds and .png files.
I found the latest version of the program mesh2rdm.exe, but it does not work:

Code: Select all

Run with no arguments for help info.
The model could not be converted.
Cleaned 4.00MB (in 1 pools).
Push any key to continue.
Why?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
cactuskun
ultra-n00b

Post by cactuskun »

nevermind I figure it all out..........
gogo123
ultra-n00b

Post by gogo123 »

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and would like to give extracting the FF models a go. So far I'm just using the sample file from orbbu and the compile from epopoe, could do with some help. The program runs but just creates a 0b obj? I'm using win7 64bit and dont have access to kekko's code due to the link being down.

I was able to get it extracted with mesh2rdm but I noticed some parts of the boots on Lightning were missing compared to some of the images posted here? - I was thinking its either due to not using kekko's code or the sample file is a lower LOD compared to the model extracted on some of the images posted here.

Thx
jouzumania
n00b

Post by jouzumania »

Hi all. I have a problem with the materials /textrues. After assinging them to the model i have black areas which have no texture. I first thought i did something wrong when i assinged it but in GoogleSketchup i realized what is wrong. Some parts of the texture were assigned at the backside of the faces.

Can somebody tell me how i can fix my problem ?

Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

jouzumania wrote:Hi all. I have a problem with the materials /textrues. After assinging them to the model i have black areas which have no texture. I first thought i did something wrong when i assinged it but in GoogleSketchup i realized what is wrong. Some parts of the texture were assigned at the backside of the faces.

Can somebody tell me how i can fix my problem ?

Tell me how you can import models from .trb and .imgb to 3d max :oops:

Your problem: none textured polygons in sketch up actually normal-flipping!
my blog | my forum
jouzumania
n00b

Post by jouzumania »

yea i tried to flip them in sketchup but then the texture isnt applied right. it is kind of rotated.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

jouzumania wrote:yea i tried to flip them in sketchup but then the texture isnt applied right. it is kind of rotated.
You can give me max file with model and i take a look what may be wrong.

p.s.: what about my question?
my blog | my forum
jouzumania
n00b

Post by jouzumania »

Okay my problem is fixed. I just had to update 3ds max..
gogo123
ultra-n00b

Post by gogo123 »

Still having problems with 0 kb .obj, noticed afew people had the same problem- could really do with some help? does anyone have kekko's code so I can try recompile on my system and see if that helps?

Tosyk: Max supports obj aswell as dae(meshtordm) which the exporters create. You will probably have to re-assign the textures etc... I'm new to this so I'm not sure how much work is needed to put it all together.
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

gogo123 wrote:Still having problems with 0 kb .obj, noticed afew people had the same problem- could really do with some help? does anyone have kekko's code so I can try recompile on my system and see if that helps?
Why do you need to mess around with Kekko's code if mesh2rdm does the job?

For those who still don't get it: google mesh2rdm and download it. It converts FFXXIII models perfectly along with skinning data and textures.

edit:
And now Noesis http://oasis.xentax.com/ does the job.
Last edited by firsak on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gogo123
ultra-n00b

Post by gogo123 »

firsak wrote:
gogo123 wrote:Still having problems with 0 kb .obj, noticed afew people had the same problem- could really do with some help? does anyone have kekko's code so I can try recompile on my system and see if that helps?

For those who still don't get it: google mesh2rdm and download it. It converts FFXXI models perfectly along with skinning data and textures.
For now I'm just using the sample file supplied here, I wanted to make sure I understand how to extract that before I bothered ripping my game disc. And I have noticed that the model in the sample when extracted using mesh2rdm is missing poly on her boots- Comparing it to the screen shots in this thread.

If somebody can confirm that this is the norm and when I use the actual .trb from the game disc the boot detail is there...then I'll begin the disc rip :)

Edit: also missing other details like her arm bracelet thing.
nightFlarer
beginner

Post by nightFlarer »

gogo123 wrote:
firsak wrote:

For those who still don't get it: google mesh2rdm and download it. It converts FFXXI models perfectly along with skinning data and textures.
For now I'm just using the sample file supplied here, I wanted to make sure I understand how to extract that before I bothered ripping my game disc. And I have noticed that the model in the sample when extracted using mesh2rdm is missing poly on her boots- Comparing it to the screen shots in this thread.

If somebody can confirm that this is the norm and when I use the actual .trb from the game disc the boot detail is there...then I'll begin the disc rip :)

Edit: also missing other details like her arm bracelet thing.
There are two versions of the main characters. The cinematic model (high poly) and the gameplay model (low poly).
It's missing the "details" because you are using the low poly version.