Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Assassins Creed PC .forge files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Turfster
veteran

Post by Turfster »

Tosyk wrote:Dear Turfster can you make support skinning data?
You mean loading files back into the forge files to make changes to the models in the game?
Not going to happen. Since I don't have the PC version of the game, the plugin will only do exporting.

Anyway, there's a new version up with some minor changes.
There were a few datafiles in the forge files that didn't extract correctly before + I've added really rudimentary support for the pck files.
It's just plain simpler to run the pck files through something like my generic file ripper tho.

Anyway, I'll be working on and off on adapting my 3D mesh code to also convert simple AC2 meshes in the near future.
Turfster
veteran

Re: Assassins Creed PC .forge files

Post by Turfster »

New version up, now supports conversion of at least some 3D mesh types
oyunceviri
advanced

Post by oyunceviri »

How can I translate the subtitles into other languages ?
Dankichi
ultra-n00b

Post by Dankichi »

Hi there :)

Sorry to bother, but I was looking forward to get the assassin's creed (one) textures, and I've been searching, and I can't get it... I tried to use Maki, and it did a lot of things wich... i dont understand xD

Since the original creator of this tool is on this forum, can someone explain me in simple non-professional words who to get them in usable file ? Or just how to use maki correctly, i havent been able to find a tutorial anywhere...

Thx by advance ;)
DMCdesigns
ultra-n00b

Post by DMCdesigns »

Try with TexMod. It's really easy to work with it. The file formats are dds, bmp, jpg, png, etc.
Turfster
veteran

Post by Turfster »

Dankichi wrote:Hi there :)

Sorry to bother, but I was looking forward to get the assassin's creed (one) textures, and I've been searching, and I can't get it... I tried to use Maki, and it did a lot of things wich... i dont understand xD

Since the original creator of this tool is on this forum, can someone explain me in simple non-professional words who to get them in usable file ? Or just how to use maki correctly, i havent been able to find a tutorial anywhere...

Thx by advance ;)
It's pretty straightforward.
Two things in advance:
1) Never ever turn dump mode on if you're just a normal user
2) Turn on autoconvert single datafiles in the options tab

On to the tutorial.
  • Install Maki and the relevant plugin Animus in this case, then run it. Note that if you have both Animus and Lucy plugins installed, you'll have to force the relevant plugin in the options tab by checking 'force plugin' in the 'plugin selector' area and then selecting Animus from the drop down box.
  • Open a forge file in the Archives tab. I'll use datapc_loadingroom2.forge in my example
  • Check the file(s) you want to extract, rightclick and select extract. Cell00010_DataBlock
  • Open the extracted file in in the datafiles tab. You'll get a list of 95 things
  • Now you can extract whatever you want to. If it's a known block type, it'll convert (or at least give more info).
    You can speed up searching by using Find..., which jumps to the next instance of whatever you typed or Select... which will select all blocks matching whatever you type, so entering for example 'Texture data' (without quotes) will select all textures in the file.
    For our example, select the 4 "texture data" at the end and extract them. You should now have 4 dds files in your assassin's creed directory
Dankichi
ultra-n00b

Post by Dankichi »

DMC design --> Working good, Thx for the trick ;) It's not easy to catch the texture you're watching, and it takes time, but it work :)

Turfster --> I've been doing all this, and indeed it works fine, I have only one thing, i cannot find directly the textures... I've been using "find" like you said, but it didnt ticked the texture datas... I just have the aminus plug-in, since im just I can extract everything and choose afterward but I guess it will cost time and space :p

In fact im just searching for the textures of the city, do you know where they are, it will reduce my search ;)

By the way, did someone allready made some "texture package", for the main cities ? It would save me some time ;)

Anyway, with both texmod and Maki I think I can start working on it, thx for you advices ;)
xjohnx
ultra-n00b

Post by xjohnx »

[quote="FordGT90Concept"]I extracted 29,478 RIFF files out of block 2 and all successfully converted to OGG with ww2ogg.exe. Most of the music is in the sfx file.
quote]

Extracted the pck 'sfx' file using Maki's Lucy plugin which gave me a load of wav files but when i tried to convert using wav2ogg, the resulting ogg files are still unplayabe?
14kb wav file converts to 1kb ogg file.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re:

Post by Tosyk »

Turfster wrote:
Tosyk wrote:Dear Turfster can you make support skinning data?
You mean loading files back into the forge files to make changes to the models in the game?
Not going to happen. Since I don't have the PC version of the game, the plugin will only do exporting.
Oh no no no, do not pack extracted files back into the game! I meant another.
You create a very wonderful tools, but all the 3D objects are converted to obj format. My question is: can you make the conversion of 3D models of characters, along with the bones? Link 3D model and bones I call skinning data.

Thank you for all you do!
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Stevan
ultra-n00b

Post by Stevan »

Did someone figured out how is possible to create a new translation. Did anyone encrypted translation file?

I extracted both English files from Data, but I can't read it.

Little help?
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

Hello friend Stevan, I am also trying to translate it, but so far nothing yet. I'm waiting to get Turfster break the encryption of texts.
Stevan
ultra-n00b

Post by Stevan »

Is there any prediction when is possible to be that?
Jeremonster
n00b

Post by Jeremonster »

I've been fooling around with Maki and the Animus Plugin, trying to Extract some Files from Assassin's Creed (1) to use in other Games.

Right now, I'm just trying to find a good way to look at the Files and see what's there. I followed the Instructions earlier on about the Loading Room 2 and Texture Data, but I don't see any Files in my Game Folder. I don't know where these Extracted Files are going, or if they're really even Extracting.

Anyways, if anyone could help me out with that it would be Wonderful!
Jeremonster
n00b

Post by Jeremonster »

Has there been any progress on this at all? I'd be very Interested in some News.

I've got a lot of great Ideas for Mods that use the Meshes and Skins from this Game.
nightsqual05
ultra-n00b

Post by nightsqual05 »

Turfster wrote:New version up, now supports conversion of at least some 3D mesh types
thanks for the tool turfster.
anyway where can i find the 3d model of ezio auditore de firenze?
on what .forge?