Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

BOTF: half are working for Birth of the federation

Problems getting MultiEx Commander or other related programs to run? This is where you post.
paulus
n00b

BOTF: half are working for Birth of the federation

Post by paulus »

Hi, i just tried your program on the BOTF "sounds.snd" file and WOW, what a super program :)

There are 3 main files after installing BOTF:
sounds.snd
music.snd
& english.snd

So far, all of the files in sounds.snd have been sucessfully extracted, and after renaming to .wav, they work in windows sound recorder :)

The english.snd file stops about a quarter way through and crashes with an out of memory error and then quits. I tried again, and it got a few hundred files further, but the crashed again. No problem though, because the files extracted sond appear to be soudn files anyway so i wasnt really after anything which wasnt sound related :)

Unfortunately, the main one i was hoping to work with was the music.snd file. But when i try to open it, it gives the following error message (latest version of multiex btw):

"multiex 2 could not process"

(however, the little tiny window that pops up for a few seconds before dissapearing again, didnt seem to show any errors :(

i dont suppose you know maybe why this is happening, or maybe if you might be able to add support for that file at all?

any info you can pass back would be greatly appreciated, and if you need anything else from me at all please just let me knwo :)

thanks.,
paulus

btw Thanks for your help earlier about needing to reg that dll file :)
i also like warhammer quest
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Yes, this problem you describe is due to the MultiEx 2 legacy, the old 16-bit DOS program that is run from the Commander on some old formats. It just does not run stable on the new operating systems, especially the latest. The new version of MultiEx Commander will have no more 16-bit support, and all those old formats will now be run by the (new) multiex3, which in effect, should never give these problems again. You just have to wait until the next release, I'm afraid.
paulus
n00b

Post by paulus »

ahh ok, no probelm. thanks for the info.

btw, does this mean that it will no longer work on win98? if so, im stuffed :)
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Nope, if it works for you now, it will work for you then. :)
paulus
n00b

Post by paulus »

ahh cool - thanks mr mouse, i cant wait :)