Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ghostbusters TEX converter

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
jfwfreo
veteran

Ghostbusters TEX converter

Post by jfwfreo »

I have written a program that converts Ghostbusters .tex texture files to DDS. Just put the exe somewhere and drop .tex files on it. The output will go into the same folder as the .tex file.

Source code is included and can be used under the terms of the GNU GPL (basically if you want to use bits in your own code, you have to publish the code to your program under GPL also)

Next up, I am going to see if I can figure out anything about the many different model type formats (which will be a nightmare)

If anyone knows of any efforts to crack open any of the files of Ghostbusters (other than the sound files which have been covered in the other thread), please let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SLIFallen
advanced

Re: Ghostbusters TEX converter

Post by SLIFallen »

The dds files this creates are unusable (wont open) by any dds capable app I have: photoshop/paint shop/dds viewer/windows texture viewer/etc... ?
Trancelikestate
beginner

Re: Ghostbusters TEX converter

Post by Trancelikestate »

It works for me on the PC files but not XBOX360? Why might they be different?