Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Assassins Creed PC .forge files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Gocha
veteran

Re: Assassins Creed PC .forge files

Post by Gocha »

shekofte wrote:thanks , golden information :think:
Golden? :D Plz tell me what that infos explores fo you? :D

There's nothing discovered more than is Turfster's Tool doing, so if someone will tell how to extract/import for exmp. just font file texture and text for the subtitles, then I will say that is the really gold info. :wink:
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
shekofte
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by shekofte »

take it easy , you must be patient
ILLUSORY VIDEO GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN PRECIOUS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLs
Vixez
ultra-n00b

Post by Vixez »

Turfster's site mentions it can also extract 3D meshes, however, I can't seem to find one.
Can anyone point me to which file contains one (like the one he shows on his site of Damascus)
wuixntx
beginner

Post by wuixntx »

How can I extract resource files that are sound, voice, text from Assassin's Creed ?

If you have any solution to rip the forge format, Tell me!
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

wuixntx wrote:How can I extract resource files that are sound, voice, text from Assassin's Creed ?

If you have any solution to rip the forge format, Tell me!
+ font files from.

Are anyone gonna rip this hell out? Dudes there is AC2 released!

I know which one more asking about mentioned files of game...
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

hello, I'm having trouble extracting the files from the DataPC.forge AC2, I'm using maki, but it's a mistake.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

VenomOC wrote:hello, I'm having trouble extracting the files from the DataPC.forge AC2, I'm using maki, but it's a mistake.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Peaple, if maki doens't work with Assassin's Creed 2, that means it's not supported yet. And no one knows if it would be even ever, be couse the author has gone so even didn't said I'll be back...

So if you ain't sure do not ask anything about it, until the author replays with news. I want more than anyone to translate this game, nothing more, but I can't do even that with those damned forge.
Turfster
veteran

Post by Turfster »

For all the people wanting to look in AC2 forge files and at its textures, try the new Lucy plugin.
Only had the one forge file someone sent me to work with since I own the PS3 version myself and am not planning on double-dipping on the game, but extraction from forge files should work, as should texture conversion.
(Since I don't own the PC version, I can't work on file replacement, and I probably won't have much time to take a closer look at the files anyway.)
FordGT90Concept
advanced

Post by FordGT90Concept »

What's the status of this? Unpacking archive? Unpacking data files?

Anyone know what file contains music?

If it needs a lot work, I might start chipping away at the PC version. I only like doing the damn near impossible...with good music as a reward. :D
Turfster
veteran

Post by Turfster »

FordGT90Concept wrote:What's the status of this? Unpacking archive? Unpacking data files?
Unpacking archives and conversion of some datafiles (only textures for ac2, more types of files for ac1)
FordGT90Concept wrote: Anyone know what file contains music?
I have no idea, since I only got the one file =p
It's probably DataPC_StreamedSounds.forge
FordGT90Concept
advanced

Turfster wrote:Unpacking archives and conversion of some datafiles (only textures for ac2, more types of files for ac1)
How confident are you that you got it 100% unpacked? Do you think there's other data unextracted there?

Turfster wrote:It's probably DataPC_StreamedSounds.forge
Assassin's Creed II unfortunately doesn't have that file. Here's the list (including sizes) or .forge files:

Code: Select all

88,997,888 DataPC.forge
 83,492,864 DataPC_Abstergo.forge
118,849,536 DataPC_Altair_Memory.forge
 91,619,328 DataPC_extra.forge
 91,619,328 DataPC_extra_dlc.forge
790,888,448 DataPC_Firenze.forge
 95,846,400 DataPC_Hideout.forge
 58,195,968 DataPC_LGS01_Duomo.forge
 69,074,944 DataPC_LGS02_Palazzo_Medic.forge
 53,805,056 DataPC_LGS03_Gimignano.forge
 88,702,976 DataPC_LGS04_Novella.forge
 63,143,936 DataPC_LGS05_Forli_Citadel.forge
 41,353,216 DataPC_LGS06_Frari.forge
 42,991,616 DataPC_LGS07_San_Marco.forge
 64,978,944 DataPC_LGS08_ArsenalShipya.forge
 33,619,968 DataPC_LGS09_Monteregionni.forge
 65,765,376 DataPC_LGS10_Visitazione.forge
120,061,952 DataPC_Mountains.forge
158,695,424 DataPC_Roma.forge
  2,031,616 DataPC_TitleScreen.forge
303,136,768 DataPC_Toscana.forge
698,089,472 DataPC_Venezia.forge
262,045,696 DataPC_Villa.forge
390,987,776 DataPC_Wetlands.forge
 95,813,632 DataPC_WhiteRoom.forge
I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance it isn't in .forge files. I doubt the music is embeded in with the levels because, for example, combat music is usually shared. At the same time, shared music could be in the generically named files and, as someone in this thread suggested, they might be usiner URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers) to load resources transparent of what file it is actually in.

The other best guess is the SoundData dir which contains the following files:

245,208,708 sounds_eng.pck
251,339,055 sounds_ita.pck
554,694,991 sounds_sfx.pck
Music generally doesn't have a language associated with it though unless the music is in the ITA pck. The entire game takes place in Italy so the music is very Italian in nature. ENG would have the voice overs and SFX containing the typical sound effects.

.PCK has AKPK for identifying characters (first 4 bytes). It clearly has a 24 byte array following the header. ita.pck has some 12168 entries in that table. There are some uncompressed RIFF WAVEs and more than one table structure in here.

Are you saying no one ever extracted the music out of Assassin's Creed (the original)? :eek:
Turfster
veteran

Post by Turfster »

FordGT90Concept wrote:
Turfster wrote:Unpacking archives and conversion of some datafiles (only textures for ac2, more types of files for ac1)
How confident are you that you got it 100% unpacked? Do you think there's other data unextracted there?
Oh there's shitloads of data I haven't decoded yet, but all files should get unpacked fine.
FordGT90Concept wrote: The other best guess is the SoundData dir which contains the following files:

245,208,708 sounds_eng.pck
251,339,055 sounds_ita.pck
554,694,991 sounds_sfx.pck
Music generally doesn't have a language associated with it though unless the music is in the ITA pck. The entire game takes place in Italy so the music is very Italian in nature. ENG would have the voice overs and SFX containing the typical sound effects.

.PCK has AKPK for identifying characters (first 4 bytes). It clearly has a 24 byte array following the header. ita.pck has some 12168 entries in that table. There are some uncompressed RIFF WAVEs and more than one table structure in here.
sounds_sfx.pck looks like a winner here, datapc_streamedsounds also contained both sfx and music.
FordGT90Concept wrote: Are you saying no one ever extracted the music out of Assassin's Creed (the original)? :eek:
I only wrote an extractor for the ogg streams and have a half-working decoder for the others, but decubisnd should be able to extract quite a few sound files from Assassin's creed.
FordGT90Concept
advanced

Turfster wrote:sounds_sfx.pck looks like a winner here, datapc_streamedsounds also contained both sfx and music.
Do you know if anything exists to handle .pck format?
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

Hello friend Turfster, this new plugin (Lucy) is working perfectly here, but he is not converting the file I want.

I know you said that in AC-II it only converts the textures, but is not there a way to convert the file I want? It is a simple text file (txt) that I need are those, both are within the DataPC.forge:

LocalizationPackage_English
LocalizationPackage_English_Subtitles

Are these two files I want, both are text files, I say this because in 2008 Prince Of Persia is like that.

Please, if you can solve this, be grateful.

Hugs.
Turfster
veteran

Post by Turfster »

VenomOC wrote:Hello friend Turfster, this new plugin (Lucy) is working perfectly here, but he is not converting the file I want.

I know you said that in AC-II it only converts the textures, but is not there a way to convert the file I want? It is a simple text file (txt) that I need are those, both are within the DataPC.forge:

LocalizationPackage_English
LocalizationPackage_English_Subtitles

Are these two files I want, both are text files, I say this because in 2008 Prince Of Persia is like that.

Please, if you can solve this, be grateful.

Hugs.
Actually, Ubi changed the localization packages in AC2.
In POP2008, they were pretty easy to convert. In AC2, they're encrypted in some way I haven't figured out yet (haven't really looked at it long and hard yet), but they're definitely not "simple" text files ;)
FordGT90Concept wrote:
Turfster wrote:sounds_sfx.pck looks like a winner here, datapc_streamedsounds also contained both sfx and music.
Do you know if anything exists to handle .pck format?
No, but if you upload say the first 5 or 10 megs of it, I could take a quick look at it.