Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Simon
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [Xbox 360] Forza 3 Resource Extraction Tool (.carbin)

Post by Simon »

Ehm - Find -> Replace ?
Varel
ultra-n00b

Post by Varel »

Open the .obj in word, use the replace (all) command and then save again. Eaassssyyy compare to the works the work guys did... :wink:
Rick

Post by Rick »

Varel wrote:I think I have the solution for our problem with 3dsmax!!!

The .obj file is using , instead of . (0,004 not 0.004) :P

If you change those the model is ok and with proper normals!
Hmm, someone writing out text files without using CultureInfo.InvariantCulture?
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Simon
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Simon »

If you want no commas:

Open Car.cs

Replace

Code: Select all

output.WriteLine("v {0} {1} {2}", v.x, v.y, v.z);
with

output.WriteLine("v {0} {1} {2}", v.x.ToString().Replace(",", "."), v.y.ToString().Replace(",", "."), v.z.ToString().Replace(",", "."));
Replace

output.WriteLine("vn {0} {1} {2}", v.normal.X, v.normal.Y, v.normal.Z);
with

output.WriteLine("vn {0} {1} {2}", v.normal.X.ToString().Replace(",", "."), v.normal.Y.ToString().Replace(",", "."), v.normal.Z.ToString().Replace(",", "."));
Save Car.cs

Open CarPiece.cs

Replace

output.WriteLine("v {0} {1} {2}", Parent.Vertices[i].x, Parent.Vertices[i].y, Parent.Vertices[i].z);
with

output.WriteLine("v {0} {1} {2}", Parent.Vertices[i].x.ToString().Replace(",", "."), Parent.Vertices[i].y.ToString().Replace(",", "."), Parent.Vertices[i].z.ToString().Replace(",", "."));
Replace

output.WriteLine("vn {0} {1} {2}", Parent.Vertices[i].normal.X, Parent.Vertices[i].normal.Y, Parent.Vertices[i].normal.Z);
with

output.WriteLine("vn {0} {1} {2}", Parent.Vertices[i].normal.X.ToString().Replace(",", "."), Parent.Vertices[i].normal.Y.ToString().Replace(",", "."), Parent.Vertices[i].normal.Z.ToString().Replace(",", "."));
Save CarPiece.cs

Open CarSection.cs

Replace

output.WriteLine("v {0} {1} {2}", Vertices[i].x, Vertices[i].y, Vertices[i].z);
with

output.WriteLine("v {0} {1} {2}", Vertices[i].x.ToString().Replace(",", "."), Vertices[i].y.ToString().Replace(",", "."), Vertices[i].z.ToString().Replace(",", "."));
Replace

output.WriteLine("vn {0} {1} {2}", v.normal.X, v.normal.Y, v.normal.Z);
with

output.WriteLine("vn {0} {1} {2}", v.normal.X.ToString().Replace(",", "."), v.normal.Y.ToString().Replace(",", "."), v.normal.Z.ToString().Replace(",", "."));
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

done in Notepad++
and well we have a big problem, because mesh is already bumpy in Forza Studio, bumps are somehow masked by hmm no idea what, but please take a look on that pic:
export to obj and then 3dsmax works perfect, but look at poly structure, is total mess (just covered by some dunno some advanced normals), bumps everywhere, none modeler make such ugly poly structure:
Image Image Image
so export to any other format/program cause model look like that :(
Dan Frederiksen
beginner

Post by Dan Frederiksen »

tomwin, as I have stated several times, because the vertices are only in 16bit format they have precision issues. it can perhaps be handled with a very fancy algorithm that tries to reconstruct the lost precision using the vertex normals as help and the general shape of the geometry. that's not an easy algorithm to make though. it would likely take me a considerable amount of time to get right should I some day choose to do it.

and it's not a huge problem. it's not like the overall model is useless as it is.

extracting the geometry with material and mapping coordinates should be the primary focus.
then someone should perhaps extract all the models and prepare them in max and make a torrent and spread it on the net. no reason all people should use the software if they just want to play with the models.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Hi all. Try to re-save obj-file into the collada (dae) trough Deep Exploration. For me it's work fine.

But no UV coords :?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

Tosyk wrote:Hi all. Try to re-save obj-file into the collada (dae) through Deep Exploration. For me it's work fine.
You can import that fine even with just obj, if you disable deep exploration's smoothing it becomes the orignal smoothing (bumpy in other words) :]
------------

Exporting from 3dsmax keeps orignal smoothing aswell. So I don't think there is anyway possible to export from 3dsmax and keeping it smooth. Unless someone knows a way around this.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

toolieo wrote:
Tosyk wrote:Hi all. Try to re-save obj-file into the collada (dae) through Deep Exploration. For me it's work fine.
You can import that fine even with just obj, if you disable deep exploration's smoothing it becomes the orignal smoothing (bumpy in other words) :]
------------

Exporting from 3dsmax keeps orignal smoothing aswell. So I don't think there is anyway possible to export from 3dsmax and keeping it smooth. Unless someone knows a way around this.
Damn, you're right! :(
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Rick

Post by Rick »

sommergemuese wrote:If you want no commas:
That is horrible.

Change every .ToString().Replace(",", ".") to .ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Simon
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Simon »

What the fuck?

Are you always such a dick?

Next time Post your "Tips" more polite please...

BTW:

Error	2	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\Car.cs	138	68	Forza Studio
Error	3	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\Car.cs	138	123	Forza Studio
Error	4	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\Car.cs	138	178	Forza Studio
Error	5	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\Car.cs	149	76	Forza Studio
Error	6	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\Car.cs	149	127	Forza Studio
Error	7	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\Car.cs	149	178	Forza Studio
Error	8	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarSection.cs	175	85	Forza Studio
Error	9	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarSection.cs	175	150	Forza Studio
Error	10	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarSection.cs	175	215	Forza Studio
Error	11	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarSection.cs	181	72	Forza Studio
Error	12	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarSection.cs	181	123	Forza Studio
Error	13	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarSection.cs	181	185	Forza Studio
Error	14	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarPiece.cs	244	81	Forza Studio
Error	15	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarPiece.cs	244	142	Forza Studio
Error	16	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarPiece.cs	244	203	Forza Studio
Error	17	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarPiece.cs	250	89	Forza Studio
Error	18	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarPiece.cs	250	157	Forza Studio
Error	19	The name 'CultureInfo' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Forza Studio\CarPiece.cs	250	225	Forza Studio
I know you have to add using System.Globalization first...

But maybe there are people who have NO C++ Experience ??

And watch how looks the generated OBJ with your "Tip":
v -0.5003871 0,9645394 -1,996927
v -0.4957215 0,9475064 -1,99138
v -0.5014154 0,9475283 -1,991357
v -0.49639 0,9645215 -1,996828
v -0.4950229 0,9633113 -1,994916
v -0.4950284 0,9477165 -1,989751
v -0.4951583 0,9498532 -1,973909
v -0.4947492 0,9302953 -1,981959
v -0.4949514 0,930446 -1,909435
v -0.4950854 0,9188257 -1,973933
Useless..
terzer
n00b

Post by terzer »

Veegie wrote:Image
Experiment gentlemen.
doesn't work for me. the same settings, also 3ds 2010
Rick

Post by Rick »

sommergemuese wrote:What the fuck?

Are you always such a dick?

Next time Post your "Tips" more polite please...

I know you have to add using System.Globalization first...

But maybe there are people who have NO C++ Experience ??

And watch how looks the generated OBJ with your "Tip":

Useless..
I'm sorry if it came off as dickish, but it really was a terrible solution. It's also C#, not C++. And if it's still outputting , for floats then you missed some.

ALYX
advanced

Post by ALYX »

Can someone upload a modified program? Because not all people have MS Visual Studio and cannot rebuild project.
Simon
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Simon »

Here is it: http://ul.to/3f9yrr

Sorry, but I missed nothing, Checked 3 Times ;)