Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Requesting: Scarface support

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
TZC
n00b

Re: Requesting: Scarface support

Post by TZC »

Hi, I have been looking around for textures from this game also- all I really need is the montana face texture, maybe the attires if possible too and I'd take whatever I got it from- PC, XBOX, Wii, whatever :)

I don't have the game right now or half a clue how to do it myself. Was just hoping to skin a caw in SDVR with it.

I'm just on the first rung of the ladder here. If anybody could help me with this or to just give me some basic pointers to learn from, I'd be very thankful.

Edit: Eeeeee :oops: Didn't notice the year of last post. Sorry to gravedig..
FordGT90Concept
advanced

Post by FordGT90Concept »

I am working on the RCF and specifically RSD formats with a new app that will be able to extract the RSDs out of the RCF then OGGs out of the RSDs. I'll look into repacking the formats and other types in the RCF eventually...

Edit: I succeeded in this... It extracts RCF files properly (files are proper length and extracts all files), extracts all OGGs out of the RSDs changing their names, and created a method to rename all 116 songs to their proper name. I just got to slap a GUI on it and release it...

I looked at P3D and it isn't something I can manipulate quick and easy. If I decide to extract P3D, it will be later.

As far as archiving (packing) goes, there's a few things that have me concerned (namely, the URIs and floats) that I wouldn't feel comfortable creating without knowing where those values come from. If my suspicions are correct, I would have to get a list of every single URI currently in use and make sure no new URIs collide (assuming that's what those are). The floats, I have no idea on. They are very out of place.

Edit: The first version that can fully extract the OGG music files (RCF and RSD) formats is ready to go but there's something wrong with uploading so I can't publish it yet...
FordGT90Concept
advanced

Post by FordGT90Concept »

Here's the linkage:
blog/?p=112

It currently can extract RCF and RSD formats.
logansan25
veteran

Post by logansan25 »

Extract .RCF of hulk ultimate?
beretta
ultra-n00b

Post by beretta »

I can successfully extract the .rcf files but is there a way to repack them?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.
anflecher
ultra-n00b

Post by anflecher »

I just ask yourself, and staring at the file name does not match the file offset. Then I notice your article, this is a done deal. ;) I have the same specifications of the unknown. Fill a 0x800 block file, I can add anything to it. Nice one.
H01Critical
ultra-n00b

Post by H01Critical »

FordGT90Concept wrote:Here's the linkage:
blog/?p=112

It currently can extract RCF and RSD formats.

Not meaning to revive and old thread, but Scarface Extractor will overwrite extracted files that have the same names. I recommend the folder structure be preserved (obtained from .rcf), and Incrementally converting .rsd files within folders 'c' and 'd' as those appear to be the only folders containing files with conflicting names upon conversion with the above mentioned tool.