Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

RSD Madness

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Mali
ultra-n00b

RSD Madness

Post by Mali »

I've looked through the forum on what they are, but am still trouble by how to extract the wav files out of them.

Crash: Tag Team Racing for the Gamecube.

Looking through the character viewer in GameExtractor it displays filename ending in wav. I feel that i have tried every program imaginable, but have come up with nothing but a few of the non-wav files that contained .dds files through the use of jaeder. There are multiple instances of directories to these rsd files.

root/english.rcf/sound/rsd/english/0/filename.rsd
root/adefault/sound/rsd/0
root/advent1.rcf/sound....

Any solution. The previous topics had to do with either rsd2ogg or use fileripper. Unless I missed an important step, then I'm stumped.
Edit1:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32O6QJG6
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0EJ78KPN
hcs
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: RSD Madness

Post by hcs »

These .rsd use "Radical ADPCM", which is an IMA ADPCM variant. I added support to vgmstream a while back. For this particular game, in fact.
Mali
ultra-n00b

Post by Mali »

hcs wrote:These .rsd use "Radical ADPCM", which is an IMA ADPCM variant. I added support to vgmstream a while back. For this particular game, in fact.
You sir are my hero and I can't believe how I overlooked vgmstream. I had the program, but I must of goofed somewhere.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Does it work on prototype files?

http://www.filefront.com/16019851/credits.p3d

couldnt seem to get this to play in vgmstream.
gamehead
advanced

Post by gamehead »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
hcs
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by hcs »

The p3d has two interleaved mono RADP streams (rather than one stereo stream). I'll look into adding support for it.

@gamehead:
I suggest you try vgmstream, it seems to work. Otherwise use start offset 0x800, interleave 0x10.
hcs
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by hcs »

Added .p3d support in 773, don't know if it will work with all files but it works with the sample.
Fun fact: when it's interleaved mono like this, RADP is exactly the same as MS ADPCM would be.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/manwww3dv ... combat.p3d

seems the credits one only will work.

Here is another sample from prototype.
gamehead
advanced

Post by gamehead »

Last night I was going thru the Scarface the world is yours RSD files on the PS2 disk that I extracted and converting the songs I wanted and I went into the subtitles folder and there was another complete set of folders 0-9 and a-j they have a bunch of .P3D files in them those are also audio files. I found that loading them in MFAudio most of the ones like the songs use 24000hz sample rate and interleave 10 and offset 800. every time you load a p3d file up it will default to 20000 interleave but change it to 10 bytes. the RSD files have built-in support using the settings above. please set the default ADPCM sample rate to 24000hz in MFAudio's settings, that will make things easier. some of the RSD or P3d files are mono change the channels to 1 if it sounds messed up and they should play right. there are some files that dont play right at all and they are gunfire sounds or whatever don't worry about those (I didnt, I just wanted the music) Hope this helps. I will try that attached P3d file that someone above me posted.
hcs
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by hcs »

OrangeC: fixed in 775, there's a value I was checking that has some unknown meaning, I'm leaving it alone now. Unfortunately this track is clipped to hell, is that how it's supposed to be?
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

If the source is clipped then i guess yes, developers clip them i guess to boost the volume ingame.

but thx anyway.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Huh? i thought the xbox version was canceled?