Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Devil May Cry 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
TehDave
advanced

Re: [PC] Devil May Cry 4

Post by TehDave »

So I read through this thread, and I'm still kind of lost.

How do I get stuff from Lost Planet into Max or whatever?
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

the key is you need to find that planet which is lost.

but seriously just download the lost planet arc extractor then use the converters ported to import them.
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

Alright. So dmc4model is the one that converts the extracted model files into normal model formats, right?

Also, I wasn't able to download the texture converter. Any chance of a reupload?

EDIT: I get a Trojan warning when downloading the package with the texture converter in it.

EDIT EDIT: I seriously need the pack with the texture converter, I'm still unable to download it because of that stupid virus warning and I have no way of ignoring it (library computer).
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

TehDave wrote:Also, I wasn't able to download the texture converter. Any chance of a reupload?
It won't change anything. Turn off the antivirus software.
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

Well, I managed to download it, but thanks anyways.

Is there anyway to fix the loose vertexes without using vertex weld and loosing the model's smoothing?

Also, any plans to support Lost Planet 2 when it comes out in a couple of days?
Demiurge
ultra-n00b

Post by Demiurge »

Hey Surveyor, thanks for the great tools!

For all the other...have you used dmc4extract under windows7 ? Even without antivirus, it won't start...

Thanks!
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Demiurge wrote:Hey Surveyor, thanks for the great tools!

For all the other...have you used dmc4extract under windows7 ? Even without antivirus, it won't start...

Thanks!
I'm using dmc4extract without any problem on my Win7 x64 Ultimate (with turn-off my anti-virus).
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Demiurge wrote:Hey Surveyor, thanks for the great tools!

Thanks!
DMC4extract is to rename the files with the correct extensions, no to extract the files from the arc.
fleshtheworld
ultra-n00b

Post by fleshtheworld »

Hi, iv skimmed through this thread, but im not sure which tools to get or where. It seems like all the tools are made by different authors.

Can someone give an overview of the achievement of this thread and the tools used.

From what i gather, you can get the models from DMC4 into a 3d modeling software. All i want to accomplish is get the models and textures into a 3d software. What about previous DMC series? Any links to learn about older DMC extracting?
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

fleshtheworld wrote:Hi, iv skimmed through this thread, but im not sure which tools to get or where. It seems like all the tools are made by different authors.

Can someone give an overview of the achievement of this thread and the tools used.

From what i gather, you can get the models from DMC4 into a 3d modeling software. All i want to accomplish is get the models and textures into a 3d software. What about previous DMC series? Any links to learn about older DMC extracting?
This tutorial i created for me, bu perhaps you can find it useful:
1. After installation all files you need are in
root/nativePC/rom

2. To decompress .arc files using a script for QuickBMS
http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/dmc4.bms

3. Model files and textures after unpacking you can find in the model (model/demo) folder

4. Each type of model (characters/enemy/weapon) corresponds to its origin folder names, for example

em001, where em - mark enemies, 001 - serial number

pl000, where pl - characters/players, 000 - serial number

wp005, where wp - weapons, 005 - serial number

5. On default all files are without extension, it can be corrected by Dmc4Extract tool (though I have detected a virus in it, but it work fine, or you can rename each file manually). It must be copied into a folder, for example in em001 and run. Dmc4Extract will automatically rename all files in current folder by it headers.

5. Model format .mod and the texture format .tex opened and converted by Noesis
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads
my blog | my forum
fleshtheworld
ultra-n00b

Post by fleshtheworld »

Step 1 to me is out of the blue, but i assume your talking about the game content location?

So, it looks like i only need 3 tools? QuickBMS to extract files, Dmc4Extract to fix QuickBMS inability to process something relating to multiple files and extension issues?, and noesisv to convert the files into easier formats to work with.

For identifying the extracted file extensions i would have to have forknowledge of what they may be? But apparently Dmc4Extract helps with that. This brings me to a related question, isnt their tools that can detect the proper extension of a file bu looking up its 'raw code'/header something.

Thanks for sharing the tut :)
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

fleshtheworld wrote:Step 1 to me is out of the blue, but i assume your talking about the game content location?
:roll: yes
fleshtheworld wrote:isnt their tools that can detect the proper extension of a file bu looking up its 'raw code'/header something
Dmc4Extract doing this nicely on the 5 step :wink:
my blog | my forum
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hi!!
I messed with animations a little and I've been able to play gameplay anims, the demo scenes still act weird...
The pic below shows nero playing a guitar and comitting suicide, I'll post the program soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Surveyor wrote:Hi!!
I messed with animations a little and I've been able to play gameplay anims, the demo scenes still act weird...
The pic below shows nero playing a guitar and comitting suicide, I'll post the program soon.
It's juuuust great :eek:
my blog | my forum
Jodan
n00b

Post by Jodan »

Surveyor, thank you for this new soon to be released tool... very cool...