Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Yu-Gi-Oh Online 3 .ypk files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
astro
beginner

Yu-Gi-Oh Online 3 .ypk files

Post by astro »

Information about olger games in the series http://yugiohextractor.sourceforge.net/ ... tation.htm
Yu-Gi-Oh Online 1 used LZSS compression on some files

Full Beta version of game here: http://www.yugioh-online.net/top/common ... or/?lng=en

Here are some files http://www.sendspace.com/file/bqdses
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online 3 .ypk files

Post by aluigi »

these files are simply ZIP archives with different signatures and luckily the "magic" zip.bms can do a perfect job with them:
QuickBMS and zip.bms
astro
beginner

Post by astro »

Thank you aluigi. Everything works perfectly :D
skylinewsw
ultra-n00b

Post by skylinewsw »

yes it still worx but what about these files? i add this as an rar to this post need a script for this type

thx anyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tattva
ultra-n00b

Post by Tattva »

aluigi wrote:these files are simply ZIP archives with different signatures and luckily the "magic" zip.bms can do a perfect job with them:
QuickBMS and zip.bms
Maybe I am totally wrong, but if the .bms file contains the necessary information to extract the data from these ypk zip files,
wouldn't it be also possible to create such archives?
What I would like to do is extract the textfile containing the words censored in the ingame chat from the ypk, alter it - i.e. delete all words
or at least change them - and then save that textfile into the ypk. In Yu-Gi-Oh! Online 3: Stardust Accelerator the censoring is extremely
annoying. The file containing the censored words is really just a plain textfile containing *quickly checking* 998 words. Even if a word you enter
contains a word from the list as a part it is censored - for example you couldn't write classy … that would result in cl***y, because
the word ass is of course censored. Maybe you can imagine how much fun it is to use that chat. ^_^'

I hope there is some tool somewhere that can create archives based on the algorythm information contained in .bms files.

Tattva
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

the archives are simple ZIP files with the following differences:
- instead of having the PK signature they use YO
- it's used only the local file header of the ZIP archive so without end and central

I guess you can pack the extracted files in the following easy way:
- zip them using the deflate algorithm (I tell you because some archivers like winzip use other algorithms like 7zip/ppm if you set the highest compression)
- open the zip archive with a hex editor and replace any occurrence of the bytes "50 4b 03 04" with "59 4f 03 04"
- change the extension from zip to ypk
astro
beginner

Post by astro »

Tattva wrote:be I am totally wrong, but if the .bms file contains the necessary information to extract the data from these ypk zip files,
wouldn't it be also possible to create such archives?
This change would probably be visible on your pc only and all other players would still see stars ****
Tattva
ultra-n00b

Post by Tattva »

aluigi wrote: I guess you can pack the extracted files in the following easy way:
- zip them using the deflate algorithm (I tell you because some archivers like winzip use other algorithms like 7zip/ppm if you set the highest compression)
- open the zip archive with a hex editor and replace any occurrence of the bytes "50 4b 03 04" with "59 4f 03 04"
OK. That's giving me hope ^_^
Please tell me what tool I can use to zip them using the algorithm from the bms file. Please make it some sort of manual if possible :)
Hex-Editor is OK. I know how to use these.
Tattva
ultra-n00b

Post by Tattva »

Tattva wrote:
aluigi wrote: I guess you can pack the extracted files in the following easy way:
OK. That's giving me hope ^_^
Please tell me what tool I can use to zip them using the algorithm from the bms file. Please make it some sort of manual if possible :)
Hex-Editor is OK. I know how to use these.
I usually don't do this, but I urgently need help/guidance with this.
So :scaredy:

#bump#
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

mah, I said that any archiver was ok anyway use 7-zip that allows to choose any field:
http://www.7-zip.org