Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) Weird TIM2 graphics

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
ConHuevos
ultra-n00b

Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) Weird TIM2 graphics

Post by ConHuevos »

Hi, I've recently extracted the data from the DQVIII PS2 disc and I've been toying around with some of the files. I have managed to extract all the item icons that were also TIM2's. My trouble however, is that when looking at the graphics such as maps or title screens the TIM2's are distorted badly when viewed in XnView, as if the color mode was incorrect or something. I've tried it in ImageStudio and the Photoshop plugin and they produce the exact same result =/.

The graphic files are usually all stored in one big file and seem to just be placed one after another in chunks, however, this may not be the case and they may be encrypted or have some sort of tableing going on. I'm also not sure if some of these chunks should all come together and form one file or not. I'm not that experienced in this area, my knowledge is limited but maybe some of you veterans can give me a hand :)?

It's weird because you can clearly make out some of the images, for instance, this is clearly a dungeon map:

You can make out what appears to be the world map on this one:

Here is what I can make of one of the headers (for what I believe is to be the dungeon map):

Anyways, here is the file I got these images from:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yulou0

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide! :)
FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) Weird TIM2 graphics

Post by FurryFan »

I might be able to help, can you tell what program you used to extract the TIM2s? I already have a demo for this game.
I accept ALL requests. Let me know your requests.
ConHuevos
ultra-n00b

Post by ConHuevos »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

just for info this is clled texture swizzling, i am also currently looking on it as i can already load all tim2 and tim3 formats but not the swizzled ones...
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_