Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Soul Calibur 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
onionhead
beginner

Re: Soul Calibur 4

Post by onionhead »

looks like a very clean extract. i mean like no extra faces needed to be deleted
pceengied
beginner

Post by pceengied »

How to extract DDS from the file?sophitia :]
Itze
veteran

Post by Itze »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Rolandonmilk
ultra-n00b

Post by Rolandonmilk »

i got this so far its just all the color customizable meshes r greyish here r just a few of wat i already exported lol

ImageImage
ImageImage
SirLoon
advanced

Post by SirLoon »

Rolandonmilk wrote:i got this so far its just all the color customizable meshes r greyish here r just a few of wat i already exported lol

ImageImage
ImageImage
Looks good but i have same problem like Itze, i have only lots of garbage in maya after importing model. How way you find to import models?
Itze
veteran

Post by Itze »

SirLoon which region is your Soul Calibur IV? Mine is PAL.. i thought that the NTSC Version might store models slightly different? would make no sense but i have no other idea :ninja:
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

I use 2 tools: xbdecompress.exe and SPD_EX.exe on file R_ALL_011_360.spd, get obj, fbx, and texture. But when I try to open the fbx in 3d max, I get such a mess here:

How do you get to extract the model?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Rolandonmilk
ultra-n00b

Post by Rolandonmilk »

good news it can also export stages musicvoice and weapons dtx is exportable as well

the texture comes out grey so u gotta reskin it :< dunno how tho lol only the parts that u could alter the color on custimization "ps the mesh comes out fine for me lol"
alvincx
n00b

Post by alvincx »

hey chrrox, we're still waiting for you're max importer, please don't let us down..
Shepperd
ultra-n00b

Post by Shepperd »

Hi.

I have the same problem that Itze, SirLoon and Tosyk... :cry:

When I try to import the meshes in Max2009 they are ''hidden'' or are ''garbage''... I use Milkshape too but the results are the same...

Any help with the problem?

I'm waiting for chrrox max importer too... :P

Thanks in advance.
Insomniac
beginner

Post by Insomniac »

I'm just guessing... but maybe the problem is with regional settings for the decimal separator. Does your OS region use "," or "."? If it uses the comma, then you probably need to change it for the extractor to work.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

stages you say? that is quite interesting
Shepperd
ultra-n00b

Post by Shepperd »

Insomniac wrote:I'm just guessing... but maybe the problem is with regional settings for the decimal separator. Does your OS region use "," or "."? If it uses the comma, then you probably need to change it for the extractor to work.
It works now! Thanks Insomniac! :wink:

Facepalm for me... :roll:
Itze
veteran

Post by Itze »

thanks Insomniac... pretty lame bug if you ask me but after i changed the decimal seperator from , to . it works:

note: model looks fine normally... i justed wanted to see how it's build up :D
skytoast
n00b

Post by skytoast »

good news it can also export stages musicvoice and weapons dtx is exportable as well
OK, I'm able to extract character models using xbdecompress and spd_ex. I can also extract models from the stages as well. But how can you extract the voices. After decompressing the file and using spd_ex on any of the voice clips (i.e. voice_us00b.dtx) I get a series of spd files (voice_us00b_001.spd, voice_us00b_002.spd, voice_us00c_003,spd, etc.) But its not useable as an audio form (either *.wav, *.mp2/3, *.aiff etc). I tried extracting these individual files again using spd_ex.exe but it yields nothing. Does anyone know how to get to the voices?